• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lra Vs Tbac bipod

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Been using two LRA bipods for a few years now and really like them. Interested in the tbac bipod for a hunting setup. Any users that have experience with both? I’ve found it hard to find a bipod with equal stability to the LRA but there are some ergonomic features that I see in the tbac that are appealing. Any insight Would be appreciated. Not really interested in the ckye pod, atlas or Harris at this time so please keep inputs based on the LRA and tbac if you would. Thanks in advance!

First off, this is apples and oranges. Or potatoes really. LRA is a BEAST best suited on F class shit or .50 BMG bolt guns.

The TBAC offering is competitive with Atlas, Harris and the rest, even Elite Iron whichi s in a ballpark of it's own too but still a closer comparison than an LRA, so I really think you ought to be comparing between those if you want a fair comparison.

I can finally say it, I had to swear to keep it a secret but I knew about these bipods two years ago. They really sought out input and did a lot of work to make a bipod that did everything we wanted. IMO, this is THE bipod, but only when compared to the others, not the LRA.

When it comes to BMG's or heavy rifles or F class stuff, LRA all the way. They are peerless and have no competition, a shame because I understand they don't make bipods anymore? Not that they were ever easy to score in the first place. Nothing keeps a beast like a .50 BMG DTA HTI stable under fire like that LRA light tactical does.

When it comes to putting a bipod on a nice AR or SR25 or your pick of high speed bolt gun, the TBAC bipod appears to be king of the hill at the moment. Comes with all the features you want and then some... Atlas is nice but to me it's just "missing something" and I think TBAC addressed those issues. Harris gets the job done and it's fast but not the strongest, yet TBAC is a bit faster than Atlas it seems and a helluva lot stronger than Harris. PLUS if I was to buy ANYTHING titanium that included ANY weld of ANY kind, it'd be TBAC if at all possible. They truly know how to work Ti and make the shit last.

I'd like a nice tripod next with a bowl that can handle a .50 rifle, but the next rifle that gets a nice bipod I have to admit it'll probably be a TBAC. I'd been waiting on something like that, an "improved" Atlas, I was hoping LRA would release theirs but I guess they went the other way and instead of making a new smaller LRA bipod they just closed the doors instead? Shame if true.

Good info, I’m comparing it to the LRA ultralight scout. It weighs about the same as the tbac bipod. My lra light tactical stays on my 338 Norma mag.

I didn’t know LRA closed shop. I thought I saw a recent post that said they were still making bipods.

I’m with you, I’ve never used anything as stable as my LRA bipods. Nevertheless, tbac has my interest for this hunting rig I'm putting together.

Reactions: Hand Skills
The things I don't like about my LRA is it doesn't have enough length for aiming up onto a hill, and the weight.

It's a great solid bipod otherwise and so far my favorite for most of my shooting.