• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    i recently attended a gun show a couple weeks ago, and had a guy telling me about a 1200.00 LRF that would range over 2000M, he said it was on a brochure he got from the horus vision website, i can't find it... anyone have any more info on this, or just another guy who's full of it.

Re: LRF ???

Here you go...the item relating to Horus is the SORD:

http://www.horusvision.com/sord.php

http://www.horusvision.com/download/horus_vision_brochure_2010_sord.pdf#zoom=100

Prices starting at $10k...$21k for the upgraded model!!
    wink.gif

The LRF that is pictured is from Vectronix (Vector LRFs):

www.vectronix.com

That is some good stuff right there...

Would that work with a Vectronix Vector IV?

yes i believe this is it, he must of mistakenly told me a lower price, PGS what do you think??? i think i need one.

i got a pair on newcons from a guy on ebay and i was not at all pleased with the quality, maybe they were an older model or used and abused, what did you pay for yours? whats the model? i have hit trees @ 1100M with my Leupold RXBIV's, but want something that will do 2000M.

Horus ATrag runs with the PLRF's and the Moskito. If you use the Vectors, Field Firing Solutions uses them, plus the Newcons, STORM, RULR, and PLRF's, the Moskito is being added. I just finished some testing of the newest feature which creates targeting files as the target is ranged, assuming you have a current GPS or map position set.

Glass has a slight yellow to it, not bad. My Leica is a monocular, glass is good but the Newcon 50mm obj will gather a lot more light than the Leica's 20mm obj

The Leica's go with me hunting and when i'm loaded and weight is an issue, Newcon's usualy stay in the truck or shooting line.

I'm sure the Leica Binos kick ass for lens and clearity though.

or critters past 1500m /w suppressed M99 in .416

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">or critters past 1500m /w suppressed M99 in .416 </div></div>

yes this... and i also like to dial 40min with my 308 and use some hold over for those ELR shots : )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i believe this is it, he must of mistakenly told me a lower price, PGS what do you think??? i think i need one. </div></div>

Need to do some checking on this system...anyone out there using it?

The only thing that would be better would be to have the rifle dope readout inside the ranging device when you mark your target.