• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LRI

Gotta love the internet...
LRI is great, I don't call them, they will call you.
Email is the easy way to start the process for me, ymmv. Time on phones is a suck for all.
I shipped a barreled action and parts to them on 1/22, and they're already basically done and about to ship! They send update pics even though they don't have to.
I'm turning into a DIY prefit dude, but I will never hesitate to use LRI for real work.
Keep it up and thanks for my new NRLH 6.5!!

Attachments

• thumb_12061_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpg
    thumb_12061_1600_0_0_0_crop.jpg
    604.9 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: kswaterfowl
Ill take this opportunity to just reiterate that LRI's tracking system showing where in the process it is, photo updates, etc. is top notch. Everyone is busy right now, but LRI is still one of the only ones adhering to an acceptable timeline. I never understood why we as a whole accept and expect 6+ month lead times & missed deadlines. LRI bucks that trend every step of the way.

Reactions: Bender and 1moaoff
I commissioned a full build with LRI in Dec, with them sourcing every single piece of it. Chad told me he'd gather the parts ASAP and that it would be finished XX days after the parts were in hand. His time line was excellent and I simply mentioned that I would need it by a certain date, well after his completion estimate, and he said "no problem, thats more than enough time ". Based on prior experience with him I have no doubt it'll be completed in a timely fashion as long as he can get the parts in his hands.

I always did all my own work, and ran a small shop for a number of years. Our biggest issue to keep short turnaround times was always getting parts in hand, in 2010 it got hard enough to consistently get parts I realized we couldn’t continue. I currently don’t have power to some of my equipment, and had to send some work out, LRI was my choice. I expect they will have parts in hand tomorrow or Monday. Not in a big hurry because I know things will be done right, and will be completed well before McMillan has my stock ready to pick up.

I'll tell you straight up:

Our work load has increased around 300%. My shop is 3400 square feet. My staff is 6 with a new hire due to be here in April.
Yes, slipped a disk in the ol back and it sucked. I'm still dealing with it.
I'm the only one here who TIG welds worth a shit.

January for a business:

Taxes, taxes, and more taxes. W2's for staff. Inventory. Blah, blah. Its not your problem, I get it. That said we all work off the same clock. There are only so many minutes per hour. LRI is not a fortune 500 company where I just throw millions at a problem.

Very sorry we're late.

C.
That's how you do it... 👆

Reactions: Bender