• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR VS Larue PredatOBR 7.62

Most useful tip I have read on the Hide. I owe you a beer, Sm!

He asked for info based on experience, having not owned one. What did I say about yours? Not really sure what that has to do with anything other than if you are getting defensive because there is some bashing directed at the rifle you chose. If yours shoots, good for you man. I have heard some guys like them and can get them to group with certain loads. I don't have anything against LWRCi, I wanted the gun to be awesome. But after they sent us the 3rd upper and it still didn't group well, it was hard to argue with the all the complaints online. What are you shooting out of it and what results are you getting?

I shoot nothing but handloads, it likes the 168 gr amax and the 175 smk. I have shot it out to 1000 with the 175 and I was very pleased. My best 100 yard 5 shot group was under 3/4" and it holds sub moa consistently. I have heard the stories as well, its the same with any rifle.

Agreed. I would ignore any information that is over the top and things that say stuff like "my friend has used this in a lot of firefights". Best is to go off of personal 1st hand experience and guys that actually use these rifles for things other than shooting groups at 100 yards.

Just to be clear, if it wasn't from my post, I was discounting that story as unreliable.

I took my 20" REPR to the range yesterday for the first time and my first impression is that I think I can work on a hand load and get better results . I started off with a factory load in 175 grain and and managed about 3 1/2" group @ 100 yds and then switched to a factory load in 168 grain and cut that in half so my initial thoughts are that it will likely prefer the 168 gr but I will continue to test and tune :) reliability was perfect with 0 malfunctions so far .
I was looking for reliability with decent accuracy and I think this rifle is gonna fit the bill, although I have limited experience with the .308 semi rifles , I have a fair amount of knowledge with bolt rifles and I just wanted to play with one of these and it was available when the moment hit me :)

JW

I took my 20" REPR to the range yesterday for the first time and my first impression is that I think I can work on a hand load and get better results . I started off with a factory load in 175 grain and and managed about 3 1/2" group @ 100 yds and then switched to a factory load in 168 grain and cut that in half so my initial thoughts are that it will likely prefer the 168 gr but I will continue to test and tune :) reliability was perfect with 0 malfunctions so far .
I was looking for reliability with decent accuracy and I think this rifle is gonna fit the bill, although I have limited experience with the .308 semi rifles , I have a fair amount of knowledge with bolt rifles and I just wanted to play with one of these and it was available when the moment hit me :)

JW

look at some of the loads on this page, may help
.308 Winchester Cartridge Guide

tough as hell moa is a normal ...handload for better is work of love ....yes the repr is good but

I'm more than happy with my REPR.

8D016B5E-3186-4B54-AE3B-06FCF44390DA_zpseuqqvtf4.jpg

She loves 168 GMM SMK's

null_zps77b853ed.jpg

LWRC REPR VS Larue PredatOBR 7.62

Finally got a chance to shoot a few groups on paper with my 18" REPR.
muqe5a9e.jpg

yratuhas.jpg

ra9epezy.jpg

Two groups with hornady steel core match 155gr one with fggm 168 labeled. Low shot on fggm was called. Hot, windy day at a range I hate to shoot at. Gun will shoot better than that. Those groups averaged about .75 MOA. Mine has had a couple thousand rounds through it. They may not all shoot this well, but my personal experience is good. I personally don't need it to shoot "better" than this. It's all relative.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading"

-- Unknown