• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LWRC REPR VS Larue PredatOBR 7.62

Yeah I wouldn't buy one specifically for hunting either. You'll have to go with a shorter pencil barrel and really light handguard to get weight to acceptable levels and then you will gimp yourself on a target range. Plus you can get a bolt action rifle like the tikka lite sporter for what, 600 bucks? And you can't ask for a better all around hunting rifle than that really.

LWRC M6A2 SPR owner here. Mine shoots sub MOA as long as I'm feeding it 77 grain SMKs. I wouldn't let the piston haters and people remembering drama from years ago in LWRC worry you too much. I go by first hand experience and that tells me that every LWRC I've seen has been an accurate and reliable weapon. The few thousand rounds I've put through mine in the last two years with literally no hiccups confirm it for me.

All of that being said I'm getting ready to make the same step up in caliber and capability that you are and I'm not looking at .308 at all. Then again I'm not wanting to hunt either so weight isn't as much a concern for me. Your budget is definitely up there to get you just about anything you want so it just depends on your defined role there.

Yeah I wouldn't buy one specifically for hunting either. You'll have to go with a shorter pencil barrel and really light handguard to get weight to acceptable levels and then you will gimp yourself on a target range. Plus you can get a bolt action rifle like the tikka lite sporter for what, 600 bucks? And you can't ask for a better all around hunting rifle than that really.

^^^ This.

The larue predobr is what, 3400$ off their site? People here in CA who have them, every now and then some FFL will get one...they'll want 4000+ for it. I just don't see the value there. Similarly overpriced are the LWRC REPRs, when they first hit the market here it was damn near 4000 bucks retail (a buddy of mine, law enforcement here in CA so he is rich, paid 4400 for a 16" repr when they first came out...fuck me lol). If I could shit money then I would but otherwise I think the LMT and GAP 10 are a better value. That's not saying the OBRs can't shoot, they can it's a great rifle...just that it's one of many great rifles on the market at the moment....................

Order a GAP, buy an LMT MWS, and look for a SR-25 EMC or ECC (Good Fucking Luck). You will be an old man waiting for an OBR. You can have an LMT MWS by Friday. And when you get tired of doing preacher curls with your LMT, you can find a EMC/ECC and you are done. What ever you do, don't call JP, you will end up with shit like this:

Yesterday. The white is 1".

I called the one sticking out. I knew it the second I pulled the trigger.

Last edited:
Actually, the OBR/Larue guns have caught up. A ton of people have canceled and their wait times are much short now. Not that I would chose one over those already mentioned (MWS, SR-25, GAP).

I love my LaRue OBR, but I will never buy another rifle from them after how they treated me and every other customer in the last few years. They produce great, accurate rifles but have very shady business practices.

82377A32-FF0F-46B9-AB10-9A23AE34DCB2-1499-0000040C2075F32C_zpsdb7cd64a.jpg

AEE13B07-C37D-43E4-B6FA-CF2DA90E796F_zpsaifnmmyh.jpg

I love my LaRue OBR, but I will never buy another rifle from them after how they treated me and every other customer in the last few years. They produce great, accurate rifles but have very shady business practices.

Out of the mouth of babes...

If you don't mind me asking, what did you need from customer service? Was there something wrong with the rifle?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking, what did you need from customer service? Was there something wrong with the rifle?

Nothing wrong with the rifle but I was told it would be a 6-8 week lead time when I ordered and it ended up being 13 months. They would answer no questions during this time and they changed the rifle that I ordered without notice. When I ordered they were using LW barrels and the rifle I got has a LaRue made barrel. It shoots great, but it doesn't have the track record that the LW barrel does. He essentially put production on hold for over a year to change his business model and product without telling the thousands of people who had thousands of dollars each invested. The rifle in and of itself is phenomenal.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the rifle but I was told it would be a 6-8 week lead time when I ordered and it ended up being 13 months. They would answer no questions during this time and they changed the rifle that I ordered without notice. When I ordered they were using LW barrels and the rifle I got has a LaRue made barrel. It shoots great, but it doesn't have the track record that the LW barrel does. He essentially put production on hold for over a year to change his business model and product without telling the thousands of people who had thousands of dollars each invested. The rifle in and of itself is phenomenal.

Ahhh okay I could see why you would be upset..

B.I.N.G.O. You want to wait a year?

My own 18" .308 P'tOBR and the first five shots on paper at 100 yards:

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

It likes a certain load better, though:

IMG_3360.JPG

That's with the original issue "Field Grade" barrel. I wonder how it will shoot with the Match Grade barrel?

My own 18" .308 P'tOBR and the first five shots on paper at 100 yards:

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

It likes a certain load better, though:

IMG_3360.JPG

That's with the original issue "Field Grade" barrel. I wonder how it will shoot with the Match Grade barrel?

Now this is awesome. I'm trying to get a match grade, but will see how that plays out. Nice groupings. Handloads?

Now this is awesome. I'm trying to get a match grade, but will see how that plays out. Nice groupings. Handloads?

All they're shipping out have match grade barrels now.

The first was with some BH 168 SMK that never really shot well for me in anything else before. That's why I was using it to get on paper.

The second was with Hornady 155 AMAX TAP.

All they're shipping out have match grade barrels now.

The first was with some BH 168 SMK that never really shot well for me in anything else before. That's why I was using it to get on paper.

The second was with Hornady 155 AMAX TAP.

Thanks for the information!

Truly loving my REPR, especially with the BEAST sitting on top! So far, so good! Haven't really shot it much with my new scope. Between work and bad weather, this was all I was able to get in at the target @ 200 yards.

IMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

Last edited:
fortunately I won't have this problem. But is this the reason why you say "fuck larue"?

Yes. He, his products, his dog and pony show, are not worth a year.

This JP was in my hands in days.

This is my EMC. OBRs are good, if you can get them.

I'm good. You are THE ONE IN SEARCH OF.

997/2man that was from a JP, I never knew they could shoot that good lol. I have the LRP-07 and it shoots the same way, gotta love those JP's.

When did you order it? When was it received? I'd like to know, straight numbers.

Looks like a tight rifle.

When did you order it? When was it received? I'd like to know, straight numbers.

I haven't ordered one, nor own one. Debating on getting one. Have the opportunity to get one, and I just might!

Ordered 3/20/2012.

Opted for the "lower receiver only" option post-Sandy Hook. A friend for whom I had ordered an identical rifle at the same time - but did not opt for the lower only option - received his rifle in early October of 2013, almost 19 months later. Larue turned my lower into a complete rifle mid-October 2013. So, 19 months for me on the first one.

On the other hand, my 16" p'tOBR was ordered 11/20/2012 and was received in late November of 2013. Just over twelve months for the second P'tOBR.

I would look into an Armalite SASS or AR-10T, while not as sexy as they others they will shoot and are reliable. This is an average of how she does at 100 yards but I have shot many groups in the .3s and .4s but that is not the norm. 3/4 to 1/2 MOA is about what most will do. I don't shoot for groups much anymore as I know what she is capable of, I like to bang steel at extended ranges with it....

AR-10TGroup_zps3196826d.jpg

Ordered 3/20/2012.

Opted for the "lower receiver only" option post-Sandy Hook. A friend for whom I had ordered an identical rifle at the same time - but did not opt for the lower only option - received his rifle in early October of 2013, almost 19 months later. Larue turned my lower into a complete rifle mid-October 2013. So, 19 months for me on the first one.

On the other hand, my 16" p'tOBR was ordered 11/20/2012 and was received in late November of 2013. Just over twelve months for the second P'tOBR.

Well, it's a nice rifle but no fucking way could I wait that long. I'd be bouncing off the walls and screaming on the phone after 3 months.

I vote the OP get an LMT, or JP, or even an Armalite. That way he can be doing load development this month rather than the middle of next year.

Well, it's a nice rifle but no fucking way could I wait that long. I'd be bouncing off the walls and screaming on the phone after 3 months.

I vote the OP get an LMT, or JP, or even an Armalite. That way he can be doing load development this month rather than the middle of next year.

This. BCP delivers.

Neither. Both are douchey riffles from douchey companies, But Larue is hands down a better weapon than LRWC junk. For that reason, go Larue (Or JP or GAP or KAC)

This guy, along with about 15 other deer/antelope hate the REPR as well. My 16" suppressed LWRC shoots sub moa with 175 SMK factory Silver State and FGM. Oh yes, very reliable, easy to clean and love non reciprocating side charging handle...not to mention gas 4 position. Nice to turn it off with the can as an option.

12 posts? My daughter has 12 posts.

Bitches.

Change that mount out to a Bobro and your golden ;P

Thats a great setup. Trying to decide what 1-8 or or 1-6 to put on one of my SR-15's. Or maybe the SCAR17.

This guy, along with about 15 other deer/antelope hate the REPR as well. My 16" suppressed LWRC shoots sub moa with 175 SMK factory Silver State and FGM. Oh yes, very reliable, easy to clean and love non reciprocating side charging handle...not to mention gas 4 position. Nice to turn it off with the can as an option.

Cool Story, my H&R Super Slug 20ga has around the same ammount of kills. So does my days W94 30-30. Neither I would trust me life to.

What a shit storm, buy what you want but I have to agree, owned a Repr and wouldn't go there again, LMT, JP, and no they are not just 3 gun rifles, or GAP, why would you look anywhere else?

I wasn't fond of the way the REPR handled, so I didn't buy one. I bought an MWS. Weight doesn't bother me, but imbalance does.

I don't post here too much but do shoot a bunch of rounds through my various of AR 10-type rifles. I have both the Predatobr and REPR 16in. I also have a GAP, LMT LM8, JP LRP-07, SCAR 17s, and a few MEGA Matens of my own build.
The bottom line is among your two choices, the Larue predatobr is the more accurate gun. Of course this is just my opinion and personal experience: I've tested this over thousands of rounds through both platforms.
Among the other options, my GAP, and LRP are basically as accurate as the Larue but will have shorter wait times if you are in a hurry.

Diprivan1 you must be the luckiest person in the world, I bow to you. That is a sweet collection of rifles you have there. Hell I own a JP LRP-07, Benelli M4, and 2 Guncrafter Industries No Names and I thought I had a nice little collection. You are the man.

Go with a GAP-10 in .308 with a 20" barrel and you will not be sorry. I know the wait time is 12 months now on a New build, but sometimes you can get Lucky and find one on this board, or on AR15.com. I recently acquired a (LNIB) GAP-10 with a 20" threaded barrel with only 124 rounds down the pipe. It was a newer build that was shipped to the previous owner in November of 2013. I have tested this Hammer out to 300 yards so far at my private back yard gun range and all I can say is WOW!!!! This thing can shoot, I mean SHOOT. I am getting 5 shot groups at or under 1/4" at 100 yards, and I have shot 5 shot groups under 1/2" at 200 yards and at 300 yards I shot a 5 shot group that was just a tad over 3/4" inch. And I am using factory Hornady 168 grain TAP precision AMAX ammo in the Red LE only box. So far this thing is a 1/4 MOA shooter and I have had 1 group at 100 yards that was one ragged little hole with 5 shots.

I am planning on going over to Young's Long Shot Range over in Indiana next week and see what this thing will do out to 1000 yards.

Get a GAP-10 with a 20" barrel. Make it your Mission in life and you will not be disappointed. The most Accurate Semi Automatic Rifle out there, Period.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoH0IytAFXw

Last edited:
MindCrime I too have shot the GAP-10 and it is a very accurate rifle but to say it is the most accurate, well it is in the top 3 or 4. I want to explain something to you, there are many factors that come into play when shooting for accuracy. Wind, temp, bullet, human error, ect. I have a JP and I know that it too can shoot .25 or better @ 100 yards. There are a few rifles out there that in the right hands could shoot one hole groups all day including Larue OBR. The only true way to test for accuracy is in a Ransom Rest.