• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lwrc smg 45 pistol

Dschapp44

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2018
    Just placed a deposit down on one as they looked awesome. Does anyone have one yet that could shed any light on what it’s like in person?

Pics/specs/details? "mag 45"... soo it shoots .45 Auto Mag? Ive long been a proponent/advocate that as HK and Kriss did with their MP5/10mm and Kriss's 10mm, companies should take advantage of the fact they're making a shoulder fired weapon.. ie it aint a handgun thats difficult to control and, and should therefore produce SMG/PCC's in hot rounds like 10mm, .45 Super, .460 Rowland, .40 Super, 9x25 Dillon.. heck even 9x23mm and .357 SIG etc options would be sweet. Most are using barrels longer than common handguns and would really take advantage of the hotter chamberings by getting that much more velocity. Basically, think modern .30 Carbine sort of concept with more effective terminal ballistics - 1700-2000 fps but in a compact SMG/PCC that can reach out to a legit 150+ yd w/out much if any holdover and still be a very controllable weapon.
    Another fun one: a ~8.9-10" barrel .22 TCM or .224 Boz SMG would really be taking that extra step into new territory of even more so bridging the gap to a SBR in a rifle round, while IMO most likely suppressing VERY well and not as quite as much recoil due to not quite as big of a powder charge along with a bit lower pressure.

Last edited:
    Auto correct to mag 45 from SMG 45.

More looking for comments on fit and finish as well as function or if they have seen any issues. I haven’t seen any real world reviews outside of a few firearm blog write ups that seems more sales pitch than review

If money wasn't an issue, I'd get this gun in a heartbeat just for how cool it looks with that magazine. Most of my AR-9 builds use Colt-style mags because I love how that looks over the slanted Glock mags or the banana clips seen on the MP5 or the Ruger 10/22.

Curious, do yall know if this one will handle .45 Super? Or for that matter, are there any .45 ACP SMG's that can also run .45 Super? Not to go too far off topic but Perhaps HK UMP, since they set the Mk. 23 up to also run Super and have a idea of what it takes..?? Unfortunately I hear the UMP is a big step down in quality from the MP5..

Grab a drink this might get long winded!!

I placed an order when they first announced the release so I have one of the early copies. (Serial #1**).

Fit and Finish in my opinion does not get any Sexier than the SMG 45!! Everything is tight, the folding brace locks up really nice without any play. All the controls are super smooth and it has one of the best out of the box triggers you could ask for.

Function has been a bit of an issue with the gun I have. At first I thought it was mainly a magazine issue with the American made UMP mags that come with it. Seemed like the follower was hanging up and not delivering the round to the feed lips fast enough. This was causing some failures to feed. This issue was there whether suppressed or unsuppressed. Also was having a lot of failures to feed when inserting a fresh mag and hitting the bolt release. The round would make it about 80% of the way into the chamber and stop.

Made my first phone call to LWRC and their customer service was great to work with. They wanted a short email reference the issue and 2 new mags were inbound with a return label for the 2 that came with the gun. News mags arrive and the same issues were there but less frequent. Still not happy as these guns are not cheap.

Made my second call to LWRC and once again great to deal with. Short email sent to them again reference issue and had a return label for the gun that afternoon. I recieved the gun back from LWRC a while back and the paperwork in the box said they replaced the bolt catch and said it functioned 100% with test ammo.

Been busy with work but finally found time yesterday to get out and test it. Took 6 different types of ammo 2 types of ball ammo and 4 types of defense ammo. It is still having the occasional stoppage when loading from a locked bolt. Once a round is chambered I am able to empty the entire mag without any issues. There was only one brand of ammunition that I had zero issues with and it was an older box of winchester 230 ball ammo. What I did notice about the winchester ammo was it has a more aggressive crimp than any of the others tested.

I am still not satisfied and will not be until it runs 100% with all types of ammo. I am definitely not giving up on it yet. LWRC will be receiving another call from me and I have no doubt that they will be diligent in wanting to remedy the issues.

Grab a drink this might get long winded!!

I placed an order when they first announced the release so I have one of the early copies. (Serial #1**).

Fit and Finish in my opinion does not get any Sexier than the SMG 45!! Everything is tight, the folding brace locks up really nice without any play. All the controls are super smooth and it has one of the best out of the box triggers you could ask for.

Function has been a bit of an issue with the gun I have. At first I thought it was mainly a magazine issue with the American made UMP mags that come with it. Seemed like the follower was hanging up and not delivering the round to the feed lips fast enough. This was causing some failures to feed. This issue was there whether suppressed or unsuppressed. Also was having a lot of failures to feed when inserting a fresh mag and hitting the bolt release. The round would make it about 80% of the way into the chamber and stop.

Made my first phone call to LWRC and their customer service was great to work with. They wanted a short email reference the issue and 2 new mags were inbound with a return label for the 2 that came with the gun. News mags arrive and the same issues were there but less frequent. Still not happy as these guns are not cheap.

Made my second call to LWRC and once again great to deal with. Short email sent to them again reference issue and had a return label for the gun that afternoon. I recieved the gun back from LWRC a while back and the paperwork in the box said they replaced the bolt catch and said it functioned 100% with test ammo.

Been busy with work but finally found time yesterday to get out and test it. Took 6 different types of ammo 2 types of ball ammo and 4 types of defense ammo. It is still having the occasional stoppage when loading from a locked bolt. Once a round is chambered I am able to empty the entire mag without any issues. There was only one brand of ammunition that I had zero issues with and it was an older box of winchester 230 ball ammo. What I did notice about the winchester ammo was it has a more aggressive crimp than any of the others tested.

I am still not satisfied and will not be until it runs 100% with all types of ammo. I am definitely not giving up on it yet. LWRC will be receiving another call from me and I have no doubt that they will be diligent in wanting to remedy the issues.

I just placed and order with extreme guns and they said they said i was about 3 months out as they only get about 15 per month. I'd be curious if they get this ironed out by the time my number gets called. It does sound like quite a few of these are getting out and I wonder if others are experiencing similar results.

Out of curiosity have you tried swapping in another AR platform trigger?

Mine is a late #2xx serial number with around 500 rounds to date. I’ve had no failures shooting white box and federal hst. Recoil is minimal and similar to well tuned AR, but way less blast. Suppressed is pure butter, flat and fast. Accuracy has been good not great, but I’m still getting used to the short LOP of the brace. I like it more each time I take it out.

Mine is a late #2xx serial number with around 500 rounds to date. I’ve had no failures shooting white box and federal hst. Recoil is minimal and similar to well tuned AR, but way less blast. Suppressed is pure butter, flat and fast. Accuracy has been good not great, but I’m still getting used to the short LOP of the brace. I like it more each time I take it out.

Awesome. That’s great to hear. I expect it to be similar handling to my MPX. Who did you buy it thru?

I was fortunate to get one in August when they first hit the stores. I was hoping the delayed blow back would be less gassy but it is not. It is as gassy as my AR45 build.

Running with a Rugged Obsidian 45. Shot steel 8" plates at 200yds. 50% hit rate.

49070682613_89eee6a2d8_z.jpg

Last edited:
    I'm thrilled to hear that this rifle is finally shipping. I hope that LWRC gets the kinks ironed out expeditiously. I'm waiting for one and hope that they eventually produce an upper in 10 mm and 9mm and even 40 SW......if this works as good as I believe its potential, I believe that this PCC will have a bright future!

I have been thinking about one of these or the B & T apc 45 but both seem to have issues. I am hoping they have some updates at Shot show.

Reactions: Voyager1
    I had an interesting experience with my SMG-45 ... acquired early ... SN: 000118. Hit the same failure to feed problems with only one of the two included magazines. The other shot just fine. Played with it a bit and realized the follower was "catching" and "chattering" instead of moving up smoothly. Took the mags apart and put a light CLP coat on the inside to make the follower slide smoothly. Haven't had a problem since although only a few mags through it so far, and no issues with two other mags I ordered from LWRC. That's my story ... I think this is a magazine issue, not a gun issue. Time will tell ... need to get to the range with it more. Too many guns, not enough range time.

Last edited:
    I just took mine out today for the third time ....multiple shooters ....multiple types of ammo ....bench rest conditions... 10....15 and 25 yards and I’m getting 7 inch groups at 25 yards has anyone else had the same problem with this gun?

I had an interesting experience with my SMG-45 ... acquired early ... SN: 000118. Hit the same failure to feed problems with only one of the two included magazines. The other shot just fine. Played with it a bit and realized the follower was "catching" and "chattering" instead of moving up smoothly. Took the mags apart and put a light CLP coat on the inside to make the follower slide smoothly. Haven't had a problem since although only a few mags through it so far, and no issues with two other mags I ordered from LWRC. That's my story ... I think this is a magazine issue, not a gun issue. Time will tell ... need to get to the range with it more. Too many guns, not enough range time.
    I was told by the folks there at LWRC that it is a magazine problem for sure ....they now ship all the guns with upgraded magazines. You can tell if you have the upgraded magazines by looking on the back of the magazine at the very bottom it will say “V1“

Just placed a deposit down on one as they looked awesome. Does anyone have one yet that could shed any light on what it’s like in person?

Had one since they were released like last April, got 2000 rounds. Run mine with a 45 can on it. Love it. Swapped out the trigger for a Geissele SSA-E. nice gun. Dont spend your money on german UMP mags - the german spring is too strong, stick with the USA mags. Awesome gun, have a number of MP5s ((s and 10mm), B&T APCs9/10/45/TP9, and 9mm Space Invader -- the LWRS is a favorite.

Magazines in mine feeding great now. I empty 4 of them every time I go to the range. Bench-rest groupings are great at 10 to 25 yards. Optic is a Vortex UH1 Holographic sight ... love it. Is it possible you have the barrel screw too loose, or too tight? The tension should be just enough for the barrel to flex in-and-out (forward and backward) ... but just barely. It's a weird setting, but it's VERY important for accuracy.

Reactions: Desert Rat
    I was told by the folks there at LWRC that it is a magazine problem for sure ....they now ship all the guns with upgraded magazines. You can tell if you have the upgraded magazines by looking on the back of the magazine at the very bottom it will say “V1“

Never had an issue with mine and i got one of the first ones with the USA magazines.

Last edited:
    I've had a chance to play with mine a bit and I really like the whole setup. Switched the brace to a tailhook and swapped in a Geissele GRF single stage and it has been incredibly accurate with Winchester White box so far. We've been shooting it next to the new B&T APC9 Pro and I have to say the recoil is very similar. Considering the APC9 is in 9mm and its DI Buffer system is very efficient I think that is a huge complement to have the same recoil as something shooting a bullet half the size.

I ordered a bunch of US mags from HKparts.net and haven't had a feeding issue with them yet. The fit and finish makes me really interested in picking up a 9mm version if they ever produce it. Unfortunately I wish it wouldn't use the 9mm UMP mags, but that's what i expect them to use.

I just took mine out today for the third time ....multiple shooters ....multiple types of ammo ....bench rest conditions... 10....15 and 25 yards and I’m getting 7 inch groups at 25 yards has anyone else had the same problem with this gun?
    You running it with a can? My buddy has one and it ran like crap until he started using a piston in his can. Also didn't seem to like plated bullets, and if I'm not mistaken the bolt carrier actually cracked and was messing with the way it functioned. Might be worth looking into those items if you haven't already considered them.

You running it with a can? My buddy has one and it ran like crap until he started using a piston in his can. Also didn't seem to like plated bullets, and if I'm not mistaken the bolt carrier actually cracked and was messing with the way it functioned. Might be worth looking into those items if you haven't already considered them.

yep a short can with the piston booster -- you need the piston booster as its a reciprocating barrel. Using a fixed barrel mount on this will cause malfunctions.

I really hope Lwrc acknowledges and fixes the accuracy issues with the smg 45 . I was about to buy one but like always I try to do my due diligence before making a major purchase . It seem there is a flaw that causes horrible accuracy issues . Or it will group ok and them have 7-9‘’ flyers . After watching garand thumbs video I’m on the fence . Should I buy one and hope for the best . Maybe get a good one or a dud hoping Lwrc knows whats causing it and is able to fix it . I really wish it wasn’t 3k . 3k for a new gun that might shoot like sh!t is a real bummer for sure

I really hope Lwrc acknowledges and fixes the accuracy issues with the smg 45 . I was about to buy one but like always I try to do my due diligence before making a major purchase . It seem there is a flaw that causes horrible accuracy issues . Or it will group ok and them have 7-9‘’ flyers . After watching garand thumbs video I’m on the fence . Should I buy one and hope for the best . Maybe get a good one or a dud hoping Lwrc knows whats causing it and is able to fix it . I really wish it wasn’t 3k . 3k for a new gun that might shoot like sh!t is a real bummer for sure
    I wouldn't risk it until they come out with a solution. The number of people with significant issues points to a design flaw of some sort, and likely more people are having accuracy issues and just haven't noticed. For the money there are better options available.

It looks the titties, 100% agree, but IMO anything that's $3k should eat whatever you feed it without bitching. I looked into this too, BTDT. But $3k... That's top end pricing man. Think: $3k = KAC SR15, FN SCAR, B&T APC, etc. High end shit that works. Always.

For that price I'd get the B&T APC, it comes in .45 if that's what you want, ten mags and an optic too. Hell, I DID get a Kriss Vector and a Tavor, both in 9mm, for less than $3k! Both run like raped apes and will cycle anything I've tried so far, lots of twenty year old +P and +P+ shit. Doesn't matter.

This is the first I've heard about accuracy, it was all reliability and jamming issues I know of, deal killers alone. If it won't feed, fire or function and can't hold a group, can someone tell me why it's still a $3k weapon? Are they still making and pricing 'em? I just feel bad for the people that bought into it thinking the price and mfg. were sufficient litmus to indicate a good weapon. Any changes or fixes will only cost 'em more too, this weapon could bankrupt them (unless B&T buys that one too and unfucks it, which seems to be their preferred way of doing business).

The search for a compact shoulder fired pistol caliber weapon ended though with the B&T USW IMO... I'm gonna Form 1 a Glock pistol here sometime next year and drop the $399 or whatever on the kit. The USW is over $2k from B&T but they sell a kit for a Sig 320 or a Glock 9mm that'll turn one into that. Racks more like a rifle, has a folding stock, accepts a k grip, can, optics and all that shit, but retains all the reliability and attributes of the original Glock. Keeps the slide intact unlike some of those other options, which IMO makes or breaks these things. I think one of these may be a must have if you already own more than one extra of those pistols already like I do.

I'll still keep the Kriss though for around the house, there's something to be said for a more substantial pistol caliber platform.

For a budget route I'd go with the Stribog --it may be budget but it ALMOST beat out the B&T for the Army's PDW. That's pretty damn good for what was a $600 weapon the AMU tested. There are newer versions that may very well be on par or better than B&T, I don't know. Dillon had a decent write up about it few months back, worth looking into if interested.

Mine (SN: 000118) continues to run great. I shoot with a SilencerCo Omega 45K (with Neilsen/Booster) and sight is a Vortex AMG UH1 ... and it's totally solid at 10 yards, 25 yards, 50 yards, and I've even had some fun hitting 24"x24" steel plates at 200 yards (about a 50% hit rate). Groups in close are tight (2-inches at 25 yards on a bench rest) ... good, at least for me and my crappy eyesight. After tuning the mags ... haven't had a jam or failure to feed in months. Absolutely love this sub-gun ... and couldn't be happier with the fit, finish, accuracy or reliability. Pricey, but so much fun to shoot. I feel for the guys that are struggling with accuracy issues, but I'm not one of them. I have a dozen pistols, 4 sub-guns, and 8 rifles. My SMG-45 and REPR MKII (6.5-CM) are the LAST two I'd vote off the island. LWRCI makes terrific firearms. I'm a fanboy ... I admit it. (Although my Barrett MRAD is definitely in the top-3.)

It's a damn expensive hobby. Retiring soon ... might need to pick some favorites, and "cull the herd" just a bit.

yes I’ve looked at the b&t but it just looks awful to me . Mostly the lower grip . I own lots of firearms I’m way past necessity so looks are very important as bad as that sounds I still want it to work “ imagine that “ . I think you guys are right about many people owning them and not realizing there is accuracy issues maybe not seeing it of just blaming there own shooting or Ammo on bad groups and flyers . I wrote Lwrc to see that they say about it . Looking through the Manuel it does seem you can reassemble the gun incorrectly that could cause accuracy issues . someone above even mention this . Im sure there are a lots of people who aren’t very mechanically inclined who could definitely screw this process up I’m hoping something as simple as this Is part of the problem . Curious what Lwrc says

It looks the titties, 100% agree, but IMO anything that's $3k should eat whatever you feed it without bitching. I looked into this too, BTDT. But $3k... That's top end pricing man. Think: $3k = KAC SR15, FN SCAR, B&T APC, etc. High end shit that works. Always.

For that price I'd get the B&T APC, it comes in .45 if that's what you want, ten mags and an optic too. Hell, I DID get a Kriss Vector and a Tavor, both in 9mm, for less than $3k! Both run like raped apes and will cycle anything I've tried so far, lots of twenty year old +P and +P+ shit. Doesn't matter.

This is the first I've heard about accuracy, it was all reliability and jamming issues I know of, deal killers alone. If it won't feed, fire or function and can't hold a group, can someone tell me why it's still a $3k weapon? Are they still making and pricing 'em? I just feel bad for the people that bought into it thinking the price and mfg. were sufficient litmus to indicate a good weapon. Any changes or fixes will only cost 'em more too, this weapon could bankrupt them (unless B&T buys that one too and unfucks it, which seems to be their preferred way of doing business).

The search for a compact shoulder fired pistol caliber weapon ended though with the B&T USW IMO... I'm gonna Form 1 a Glock pistol here sometime next year and drop the $399 or whatever on the kit. The USW is over $2k from B&T but they sell a kit for a Sig 320 or a Glock 9mm that'll turn one into that. Racks more like a rifle, has a folding stock, accepts a k grip, can, optics and all that shit, but retains all the reliability and attributes of the original Glock. Keeps the slide intact unlike some of those other options, which IMO makes or breaks these things. I think one of these may be a must have if you already own more than one extra of those pistols already like I do.

I'll still keep the Kriss though for around the house, there's something to be said for a more substantial pistol caliber platform.

For a budget route I'd go with the Stribog --it may be budget but it ALMOST beat out the B&T for the Army's PDW. That's pretty damn good for what was a $600 weapon the AMU tested. There are newer versions that may very well be on par or better than B&T, I don't know. Dillon had a decent write up about it few months back, worth looking into if interested.
    Good analysis

Just shot mine at 15 yards off a bag on a bench seated. All the bullets went in the same tight group. Serial number is in late 1100s with Winchester white box 230 gr

Garand Thumb did a review and he hated it. Grouped like shit, mine is damn consistent in its groupings.

I wouldnt say he hated it . He said it could be the best pcc out there if it wasn’t for the accuracy issues . The accuracy and the butt stock being set down slightly are the only things he disliked from the whole package . Its good to know there are ones that work well out there . But GT did find ( 5 ) with the same flaw . Well there for sale at Omaha fire arms right now and I’m not buying it ( right now ) . Lwrc never responded to my design flaw email or at least not yet

I wouldnt say he hated it . He said it could be the best pcc out there if it wasn’t for the accuracy issues . The accuracy and the butt stock being set down slightly are the only things he disliked from the whole package . Its good to know there are ones that work well out there . But GT did find ( 5 ) with the same flaw . Well there for sale at Omaha fire arms right now and I’m not buying it ( right now ) . Lwrc never responded to my design flaw email or at least not yet

Wow. They have them in stock. First time I’ve seen that.

to me it seems like the barrel travel isn’t being delayed enough on some guns and the upward angle of the barrel is throwing them high. While I’m happy mine does have that. The amount of guns given the low production numbers to date with the problem and the severity of the issue definitely makes me question how big of a design flaw it is and is it truly limited to some guns or do they all have it. Just haven’t shown it yet.

I've got 3 LWRCI rifles and they've been rock-solid tack-drivers, with almost no quality issues except for one SMG magazine that needed tuning.
    Obviously ... YMMV ... but my quality experiences here have been excellent.

I had a chance to handle a SMG45 a while back & was very impressed with the build quality & ergonomics. I have really wanted a .45 PCC for a while & I think the LWRC is the modern day Thompson. - with improvements , suppressor & optics ready, lightweight & compact with the SB brace. They are very hard to find however & most you do find are MSRP $2999 or much more on Gunbroker, ect. Lots of gouging going on being a new model & current political climate.

I did strike gold today - checking Gun deal.com daily, popped up Cheap than dirt had them - $2550 shipped. Ordered immediately,
    within 45 minutes they showed out of stock, no idea how many they had. And word is the German UMP mags are much more reliable
    than the US made. I found a great HK dealer who had 5 I grabbed them. Should make a great trunk gun with my Romeo 1 red dot & Surefire light/laser

Update ... so shortly after I got my SMG-45, I started seeing flyers and accuracy issues (like in the Garand Thumb YouTube review). It was happening when shooting normally, as well as suppressed. Long story short ... I stuck with it, kept shooting, and after I had about 500 rounds down-range, that problem settled and I'm now getting consistent groups and solid accuracy both suppressed, and unsuppressed. Figured a few others struggling with this problem might be interested in that update.

Reactions: bfoosh006
    Update ... so shortly after I got my SMG-45, I started seeing flyers and accuracy issues (like in the Garand Thumb YouTube review). It was happening when shooting normally, as well as suppressed. Long story short ... I stuck with it, kept shooting, and after I had about 500 rounds down-range, that problem settled and I'm now getting consistent groups and solid accuracy both suppressed, and unsuppressed. Figured a few others struggling with this problem might be interested in that update.
    I have serial #5x SMG and the same happened after ~ 4 boxes of ammo. Mine can shoot a tennis ball at 25 consistently. My flyers were not way off as i have seen on YT. GLWTS