• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes M1A standered and

mattmansacto

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2008
loomis
I would like some input on this set up please.
M1A standered with a Leupold mk4 1.5-5x20mm with M2 turrets. It would be used for hunting and paper puncher. I live in Ca so an ar type 308 is not an option. Thanks again.

Re: M1A standered and

mattmansacto,

That is a pretty good set-up, have you thought about a little more scope since you are shooting the .308. I have a M1A/M14 type rifle with a 18.5 barrel and I have the leupold MR/T 2.5-8x36 M2 on it. Since you said you will be puching paper also and you might want to stretch that .308 out one day.

Thank you for the info.
Merlinn I am thinking the same thing, that is some great info espically about illum dial.

LA rat I was thinking of that too but I cant justify the $1000 price tag, so I would by the 1.5-5 for about 600 and spend the rest on ammo. But man I would love the mrt 2.5-8.

what are the 1.5-5x20 going for these days, is it that big of a price differance between the MR/T 2.5-8x36 Are you speaking of the mk4 1.5-5x20 scopes. I never new it was that big of a price differance between the 2. I think you can find a MR/T 2.5-8X36 M2 for less than $1,000, I really like mine a lot.

Hey Matt,

I just caught your no AR-Type .308 in Ca. Is that true??? I was hoping I/We could build something like that using a bullet button, or something similar. Is this in Calguns.com somewhere?

Thanks,

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: merlinn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had GAP build me an AR10... 10 rnd mag and bullit button... good to go.. mine is a Noveske N6 lower... There are specific weapons that are banned. Here is a link that may help.

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/awguide/awguide.php

Merlinn </div></div>

Thanks Merlinn!!!

-Pat

Yes you can still have the bullet button but asking DOJ about it I get differant answers. I was told once that you can have it but you would need to take the upper off to reload via stripper clip or one at a time in the mag. Another time calling DOJ they were not sure about it at all so I am not going to chance it at all.

Don't be afraid of your shadow. Using a bullet button, raddlock, etc. renders the AR10 incapable of accepting a detachable magazine. The CADOJ approves nothing (except gun locks and safes), so there will not be a CADOJ "approved" mag locking device.

AR10 type rifles, assuming the are not specifically listed as banned by make and model, are fine as long as the magazine is fixed is legal (10rd mag, minimum 30" OAL, etc.)

Follow this flowchart and you will be fine:

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Read this:

http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf