• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M24-Rebuild anyone recieve one ?

Does anyone know if you qualify as a Category 1, but submit say ... today, do you jump ahead of the Category 2 orders?

Guys- don't get wrapped around the axle about "maintaining authenticity" on these rifles. The accoutrements on these rifles are often whatever the sniper could fabricate or obtain to improve his rifle. These are not the same as USMC smear return stocks with certificates of authenticity. They are painted however the last sniper felt like painting it or was capable of painting it.

Krylon it however you want and put whatever cheekrest you want on it and make it your own. It will be just like every authentic M-24 out there. Notice: you get an official pass on having to pay for Duracoat/CeraKote.

I agree with the general sentiment of your comment, but take exception where you said "These are not like USMC smear stocks with certificates of authenticity". I don't see how they are any different. I don't think there is any doubt as to their authenticity. The M24 return stocks would have every bit as much value and history to those that have carried them, as a USMC return stock would to a former Marine scout/sniper and just like a used MCM HTG stock, with an odd bottom metal, those that haven't may question why anyone would pay a premium price for them, when you can buy a new one for much cheaper.

That being said, If I were to get either a RM24 or USMC return stock, I would "make it my own" and shoot every chance I got. If I could swap out my new stock on my M24 clone for the battered one on my issued rifle, I would do it in a heart beat. I have oddly become a bit attached to my issued rifle. I think the guys that are able to get the rebuilt M24 from Remington are really getting a better deal than those that first bought the return stocks from McMillan and I am sure the rifles will only climb in value just as the USMC return stocks have.

Last edited:
I agree with the general sentiment of your comment, but take exception where you said "These are not like USMC smear stocks with certificates of authenticity". I don't see how they are any different. I don't think there is any doubt as to their authenticity. The M24 return stocks would have every bit as much value and history to those that have carried them, as a USMC return stock would to a former Marine scout/sniper and just like a used MCM HTG stock, with an odd bottom metal, those that haven't may question why anyone would pay a premium price for them, when you can buy a new one for much cheaper.

That being said, If I were to get either a RM24 or USMC return stock, I would "make it my own" and shoot every chance I got. If I could swap out my new stock on my M24 clone for the battered one on my issued rifle, I would do it in a heart beat. I have oddly become a bit attached to my issued rifle. I think the guys that are able to get the rebuilt M24 from Remington are really getting a better deal than those that first bought the return stocks from McMillan and I am sure the rifles will only climb in value just as the USMC return stocks have.

Nothing wrong with becoming attached to your issue rifle. Plenty of us do the same. That being said, I was issued an M-24 and every M-24 in my platoon had a different paint job. I am sure mine has been repainted several times since I left her 8 years ago. My point was simply that there is no "standard" that new owners must uphold to maintain authenticity. Throwing whatever Krylon job you feel like is "authentic". These rifles are being completely rebuilt and losing their original identities anyways with the exception of the paint on the stock. I doubt the stocks were originally even with the receivers that they are being re-issued with.

Make no mistake, Remington rebuilds the hell out of these rifles. We sent our 3 rifles in to be refurbished before OIF 1. One came back and the only original part left over was the receiver. One had the original firing pin and receiver only. I don't remember what all was replaced on the third but I am sure it was most of the rifle. Hard to maintain authenticity in circumstances such as this.

Refer to the example of George Washington's axe that he chopped down the cherry tree with.

Guys- don't get wrapped around the axle about "maintaining authenticity" on these rifles. The accoutrements on these rifles are often whatever the sniper could fabricate or obtain to improve his rifle. These are not the same as USMC smear return stocks with certificates of authenticity. They are painted however the last sniper felt like painting it or was capable of painting it.

Krylon it however you want and put whatever cheekrest you want on it and make it your own. It will be just like every authentic M-24 out there. Notice: you get an official pass on having to pay for Duracoat/CeraKote.

I agree with you on not treating it like a museum piece and will be getting it out to the range as much as possible. I'm still new to long range marksmanship so I'll be trying to get as much experience as I can to improve. However, I also enjoy collecting and shooting military weapons so the military history of the rifle is also important to me. That being the case I would like to keep the rifle as close to "as issued" as possible just for the historical value.

Nice looking rifle, what is the scope, is it an M3a Ultra, what is the year(first two digits of serial number)?

Too bad they gave you mismatched iron sights, that Redfiled Palma will not work on that OK Webber rear base on the rifle.

Yes, the scope appears to be a M3a Ultra. First two of the serial are "90". Thanks for the heads up on the iron sights, looks like I may be giving Remington a call to see if we can do something about that.

I am going to buy one of these, before they are gone or go up for sale to the general public. Anything I should know before I put the $$$ out? Has anyone who bought one one here regreted spending the $$$?

I am going to buy one of these, before they are gone or go up for sale to the general public. Anything I should know before I put the $$$ out? Has anyone who bought one one here regreted spending the $$$?

Absolutely not!

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm totally happy with mine. If I had it to do over I wouldn't hesitate to buy one again.

Holy crap, I hope I am not too late if I submit an order on Monday. I have wanted one of these since getting into target shooting. Awesome that they are offering them to us.

Photo of barrel code

Attachments

• M24 Barrel Code.jpg
    M24 Barrel Code.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 20
In case anyone is wondering, I called today they are still taking orders for CAT1 and 2. I will submit my order as soon as my FFL sends me an electronic copy.

Congrats! At the same time I'm a little miffed about this. I submitted my paperwork online to Remington on 1JUL12 (while on my deployment in Afghanistan) and I still have not received mine yet! Who have you been talking to? This was supposed to be my deployment gift to myself... Never materialized... I received an email in September requesting for all of my paperwork to be placed in one email but haven't heard back since then.

Congrats! At the same time I'm a little miffed about this. I submitted my paperwork online to Remington on 1JUL12 (while on my deployment in Afghanistan) and I still have not received mine yet! Who have you been talking to? This was supposed to be my deployment gift to myself... Never materialized... I received an email in September requesting for all of my paperwork to be placed in one email but haven't heard back since then.

I just called the Remington Military number and talked to a sales representative. He did say it would take a long time (4-6 months due to availability of parts from the government) and there would be little to no contact after submitting the paperwork. I would try calling and see if they can tell you anything.

longebow, and anybody else who received their M24R, can you post the date codes off of the barrel?

Mine is LH.

I just called the Remington Military number and talked to a sales representative. He did say it would take a long time (4-6 months due to availability of parts from the government) and there would be little to no contact after submitting the paperwork. I would try calling and see if they can tell you anything.

Same here, I contacted their military number and spoke with several different reps. Sometimes you will get a rep that isn't helpful at all, you can try another day to speak with someone else. As a whole I would say the reps are getting much more knowledgeable about the program and their answers are more straight forward, so chances are they'll be able to help you. When I first contacted them back in 2012 all I could get were run-around answers like "getting my email to forward it to the M24 program", things are much better now.

Well, I found just sending in an email doesn't get you too far. I called and spoke to one Andrew Turner- he was very helpful; I explained how I placed the order within weeks of the order forms originally being made available, than sort of forgot about it over the long wait. In that time my credit card experienced some fraud and had to be shut off and replaced. He had me fill out a new order form and resubmit all of my info and is going to try to get it expedited for me since it wasn't an issue of declined due to lack of funds. I asked if I'll be at the back of the line now and he said "oh no, I'll forward your info to the right person and we'll get things moving for you".

So I'm thus far, very, very impressed with their service. They could have easily said "sorry sir, you'll have to submit your info through the normal channels and go to the back of the line".

Can't wait to get my hands on MY OWN M24

I contacted Remington today and my M24 is shipping out tomorrow. I sent in my paperwork on April 11th so that's pretty fast. Ill post pictures when I get it, cant wait :).

The M24 came in today and I got a chance to pick it up. I am very happy with the purchase. The tan will go well with my FDE SCAR's :). Anyone shot theirs yet?

xkd1.jpg

5swx.jpg

ejt.jpg

wvkk.jpg

I submitted an order for one back in October of 2012 and never recieved it. After contacting the company several times since I found out my dealers FFL that I sent in expired a few months later. Stupid on my part not paying attention to that. I sent in the new FFL and updated the order after talking to one of the employees at remington, hopefully Ill be getting my gun before October of this year! The lack of feedback from Remington can be very frustrating, but from what I hear there are only a couple guys working it. Rumor has it that for future orders they will attempt to contact you if there is a mistake or a card or FFL expiring.

What is the address for mailing the application,the forms I downloaded did not show it,is it the Madison NC address.
Thank You

How do you tell the Leupold 10×42 Ultra M3A from the Leupold MK 4 ?

Do you simply look at the mildots ?

With the dots; the ultra is round and the MK 4 is football shaped ?

Hey guys, I know that you are supposed to post items for sale in a different area but I have something that is M24 specific so I figured I'd mention it here first. It's a Tenebraex Killflash Model #M24/EMA-ARD. It states in it's paperwork that it can be used on the "day rifle sight" or the "EMA" and it has two sets of threads on it. It is made of aluminum and not just plastic like the civilian versions. It has a flip up cap with Tenebraex's logo "See Not Seen" on it. The honeycomb on the inside runs all the way from front to back not like my Nightforce 50mm civi version. You can tell this is military grade and well built. It is in near mint condition. Let me know if anyone is interested, I can try to post pics if anyone is. It doesnt state what the "day rifle sight" or scope model is that it fits but appears to be 40mm as it is smaller than my Nightforce 50mm. The reference picture on the instructions look as though its a Leupold Mark series scope. I'm not even sure that type of scope was used on the M24. Update: I just found the LSU weapon sight polarizer to go along with the ARD.... THESE ARE MINT... $150 for both shipped to your door.

Last edited:
Well, I got an email saying my order has been submitted for build. I am waiting with baited breathe. Of course I will update with pics if it ever actually shows up.

Last edited:
Awesome! How long has it been since you submitted your paperwork? I never got any emails and when I contacted them after sending in my order my gun was ready to ship. Looking forward to the pictures, it's always fun to see the different paint jobs these things have :).

Well, I got an email saying my order has been submitted for build. I am waiting with baited breathe. Of course I will update with pics if it ever actually shows up.

I recently sent them another email. My dealers FFL expires in six months and my CC gets renewed abut the same time. I wanted to let them know to contact me asap if we are getting close. They responded within two weeks. I am pretty stoked and am hoping to get something nice and interesting. We will see when it arrives.

How do those adjustable HS Precision stocks hold up? I was looking to get one, but dont have any experience with them.

terminal206 I agree with DP45 and McCrazy on this one its common practice to cut up ur sleeping pad and 100 mph the butt stalk and axle for ur LOP also they taught us to tape on a small pebble at the corner of ur mouth on the stalk for eye releif too. Im sure glad they left the krylon on there hell u can easily match the barrel and scope just look at the base colors and start there then usually the darker colors came later. I still remember the look on our armorers face for weapons return after deployment seeing all (4) of our m-24's come back completely painted. That was pretty funny.

Mine had been repainted black over some kind of camo pattern, probably for turn in after deployment. I used some gun scrubber on the scope making sure not to get on glass. Got it all off the scope and it looks like new. I ordered late feb and got it about June 2nd. I love it.

200 yards, federal premium 155 Nosler ballistic tips.

It's the one in the front

Last edited:
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Mine had been repainted black over some kind of camo pattern, probably for turn in after deployment. I used some gun scrubber on the scope making sure not to get on glass. Got it all off the scope and it looks like new. I ordered late feb and got it about June 2nd. I love it.

200 yards, federal premium 155 Nosler ballistic tips.

It's the one in the front

For those that are still waiting, here are some groups from mine this weekend. All are 5 shots and the few off target shots are from shooting at a bug that happened to land on the stand. I finally got him on the upper most bullet hole that has the bug guts underneath it :). These are fantastic rifles, worth every penny.

roxw.jpg

yg3p.jpg

Great thread. I really love the m24 and plan on building a clone in the future. To actually own a issue m24 would blow my mind.

All you have to do is join the military and you can own the real deal :).

I tried that 10 years ago. Even with a asfab score over 90 you cannot join with a leg as busted as mine. It was a heartbreaker, I have a long list of veterans in my family tree.

My card was billed two days ago, just called Remington and they tracked the shipment saying I should have my M24 by Monday!

As far as I know the M24's are built by remington's custom shop. I don't think they are coming with an inventory sheet, mine didn't. There really isn't that much stuff in the box save the little pelican case. Seems the only thing not shipping with the rebuilds are the iron sights :(

SSGJD, that's awesome! Please post pictures when you get it.

Well I got mine today and it was well worth the wait. Mine came without an inventory sheet, and everythinyou see in FM 23-10 except iron sights and flash hider. I will try to upload photos as soon as I can, I am on mobile right now and can't do it, won't be near a computer for a few wks. For reference I submitted my order in late July and nobody returned my emails or calls until after my card was billed - in case any of you are in a similar position, just have to be patient