• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors M4-SD II Prototype video

HPLLC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Wales WI
www.griffinarmament.com
We've been running a group buy offering silencers below retail or with free $125-$155 mount included, and with included $200 NFA tax for pre-orders, and we also allow SH members to take 5% off all that, but forward progress has been a little slow.

I didn't want to post our sound test video, because the prototype did not have the outer profile ground or the moly coating applied (it was one of 11 prototypes tested) We really weren't concerned with anything but how the different baffle systems were performing.

I think posting it will help people to understand that the suppressor performance and features exceed its price point.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0mlLjp_sG0&feature=channel_video_title"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J0mlLjp_sG0&feature=channel_video_title" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

If you are interested in information, clicking the banner in my sig line will take you to the group buy thread.

We filmed the video in late February 2011. The bore on that suppressor is .305 at the front cap. The production units will be .005 tighter at the front cap, which is larger than the bore of several competing units that are longer. <IE have potential for greater run out.

The suppressor was more comfortable at the ear than my experience of KAC's M4-QD- no ringing. The 134.8DB average is about 7DB more quiet than a .22lr with a 16" barrel. The camera is in front of the muzzle slightly and about 1.4 meters away, so you're hearing the worst of it. We metered an H&R break action .22lr unsuppressed at 142DB the same morning.

Re: M4-SD II Prototype video

I like the video. Can we see come close ups of the can and mount? How about a video mounting the can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the video. Can we see come close ups of the can and mount? How about a video mounting the can. </div></div>

The prototype was not outside profile ground or moly coated(aesthetic features) and didn't have the type II locking gate and it's improvements which have nothing to do with sound performance. The prototype's purpose in life was a test of the baffle system.

Below is a video demo of the older mounting system- the mounting procedure will be the same for the new model.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_KMj650Gyo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_KMj650Gyo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The new suppressors will look exactly like the 3D model in the group buy thread with the exception of the spring and locking gate which will be coated to match. We're also willing to allow end users to choose between tan and black Norell Moly coatings based on their personal preference. Norell moly as far as I know is in common industry use on products like AAC, Surefire, and KAC suppressors.

299164_10150503821504569_172008254568_11229655_1884236883_n.jpg

On the brighter side, if we had finished production units to show you, we would be shipping them to dealers and there would be no group buy or discounted pricing to benefit from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silenced America</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I want one. </div></div>

I've been really looking forward to picking up an M4-SD myself. My brother Evan is buying an RSTA at the promo price. He just bought a Templar base gun built by APA. I'm going to put an RSTA on my LMT MWS.