• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

m40 CLIP SLOT

mjmd11

Private
Minuteman
May 26, 2018
Who would be the best source to have a Remington700 trued and clip slotted to USMC spec. Seems like the reliable people I have used for years are all retiring together.

It’ll cost more but there’s several 40x rifles in the PX for sale

AKMike47:
Need the clip slotting for a few six digit receivers that are on their way to m40 and m40a1 clones.

Reactions: akmike47
LRI does a custom clip slot where by he also relieves the rear deck to further lock in the scope base.

It creates a brick shit house installation but it's not USMC spec.

Im sure if asked though he would perform USMC spec.

There is a gentleman, I think his name is Bill Corley, that many over at M40rifles.com swear by for legit clone work.

LRI does a custom clip slot where by he also relieves the rear deck to further lock in the scope base.

It creates a brick shit house installation but it's not USMC spec.

Im sure if asked though he would perform USMC spec.

There is a gentleman, I think his name is Bill Corley, that many over at M40rifles.com swear by for legit clone work.
Love Corley's work. I doubt he can get to it in the next six months. He is in great demand these days given his skill sets. A nice man to boot. I have called LRI. He is away for a week or so . We will touch base when he returns and I will ask him the spec question.

Mark Williams Raven Rifles is a student of things M40.

He is retired now and I am happy to say I have two guns built by him that hammer.

You could give him a try never know he may want to buy a toy and could use your money to do it.

Reactions: D_TROS
Mark Williams Raven Rifles is a student of things M40.

He is retired now and I am happy to say I have two guns built by him that hammer.

You could give him a try never know he may want to buy a toy and could use your money to do it.
Good sugestion: He has done five for me over the last year. Then boom, closed. I hope he is ok. I am sure he reads these threads and will respond if that is the case.

Good sugestion: He has done five for me over the last year. Then boom, closed. I hope he is ok. I am sure he reads these threads and will respond if that is the case.

It's tough to be a skilled guy in a niche market.

He has tried to be a stand alone business but selling one or two rifles at a time has to be tough to keep a steady income.

There are only so many clone buyers out there not that clones were all he did.

I think he built more competition rifles than clones but as my interest was only M40 I am only superficially aware of that.

Shame that someone with such great skills isn't more valued by the greater public.

If every home in America had a Raven Rifle it would be a better world.

It's tough to be a skilled guy in a niche market.

He has tried to be a stand alone business but selling one or two rifles at a time has to be tough to keep a steady income.

There are only so many clone buyers out there not that clones were all he did.

I think he built more competition rifles than clones but as my interest was only M40 I am only superficially aware of that.

Shame that someone with such great skills isn't more valued by the greater public.

If every home in America had a Raven Rifle it would be a better world.
Yes , a shame. When the clone componets were all acquired and ready (stocks, barrels, bottom metal, receivers etc) I was prepared to let him build seven M40/m40a1's for me if there was a realistic turn around time. All the similarily qualified smiths I know, Mike Lau, Bill Corley, Hofmeiser, Les at Diamond, Gunworks, GAP, etc.etc.etc are burried in work. I wanted to build a tube gun for someone and when i got into that niche the turn around time was stunning. Can not get a hold of Hoggs Den or Pre64 winchester because they do not have telephone numbers...lol Had GAP assemble a 40a1 with my parts and it took over a year. The weapon shoots but is not up to my clone standards stamping wise.

Reactions: pmclaine
Sorry for reviving an old thread but what are the options for lugged scope base?

Word on the local street is Raven is doing builds but not clones. Apparently has more than enough work to keep him busy.

I may be working under a local smith to start up some of the processes but no time frame on that. Having a 9 month old sucks up a lot of time.

Badger makes some lugged scope bases if you need an A3/5 or xm3 base. Unfortunately not many for A1 but Twomanattack still makes them, just gotta give him a call and hope he is making a run.

Reactions: Pinmaster
I want to build a XM3 type rifle. I’ve only seen 30 MOA rails and not 20 MOAs. I suppose I’ll give LRI a call and see what they have available.
Thanks for the responses fellas.

... Had GAP assemble a 40a1 with my parts and it took over a year. The weapon shoots but is not up to my clone standards stamping wise.

GAP has been the best ive used or seen. the only thing they dont do is black oxide. they have an actual 2112 on staff. Not sure what your standards are but GAP's standards are THE standard... would love to see some pics of these sub standard stamps...?

Their wait sucks, but their work is second to none.

GL
DT

Reactions: camocorvette
I want to build a XM3 type rifle. I’ve only seen 30 MOA rails and not 20 MOAs. I suppose I’ll give LRI a call and see what they have available.
Thanks for the responses fellas.

Lri did my xm3 clip slot. You get the base and send it to them and tell them you want the double radius thumb cut and don't LRIs rear bridge mods. Not even Raven would do the double radius found on the xm3.

Lri did my xm3 clip slot. You get the base and send it to them and tell them you want the double radius thumb cut and don't LRIs rear bridge mods. Not even Raven would do the double radius found on the xm3.
Let me go back though my library of pictures to make sure I wouldn't do the double radius on the XM-3.

I thought I did but you had me second guessing myself.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 199
I thought I did but you had me second guessing myself.

I saw pics from you as well but that was the answer i was given 🤷‍♂️. This was after your first retirement...wasn't sure if you sold off a fixture or what. No malice intended or hard feelings on my end. Don't think one person here can question your work lol.

I saw pics from you as well but that was the answer i was given 🤷‍♂️. This was after your first retirement...wasn't sure if you sold off a fixture or what. No malice intended or hard feelings on my end. Don't think one person here can question your work lol.
Oh I'm not bent. I actually had to check myself, lol. One of these days you guys can sit around and discuss the ins and outs of my rifles (hopefully).

The Sniper Hide 100yd Challenge targets; I'm assuming they're a download? Is there a link to them, or where can they be found?

The Sniper Hide 100yd Challenge targets; I'm assuming they're a download? Is there a link to them, or where can they be found?

They were here....

I am not seeing the PDF file though.

I will try to send you a PDF.

My bad.......

Unsure if those were posted during the years we were ate the other server provider....

Lets see if these open.....

Attachments

• SH100ydChallengev3.pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 72
  • SH100ydChallengeDk.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 44