• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 or M40A3 or M40A5

"The swat team I was on in AL was throwing it away. I said, “uhhhh, nope. I’ll take it.”"

Fucking savages. Anyway, the case you have in the picture is an Eagle Industries DB-BS.

Reactions: Skunk
Here's an interesting picture of a M40A5 with a Nightforce. Probably a Mk13 Mod 7 scope?
M40A5_NF.jpg

Definitely interesting. I cant recall right now the end of the A5 and start of the Mod7 but I didnt think they were in service at the same time to have this crossover.

Definitely interesting. I cant recall right now the end of the A5 and start of the Mod7 but I didnt think they were in service at the same time to have this crossover.
I should have included its from the USMC Shooting Team Instagram, so probably a modern one-off, but cool to see.

I should have included its from the USMC Shooting Team Instagram, so probably a modern one-off, but cool to see.
Yup, the Marine Corps Shooting Team has some interesting rifles. Such as this one, where it looks like they used one of the first McMillan M40A3 A4 stocks with the large butt hook and turned it into an M40A5 for usage.

M40A5 USMC Shooting Team 160507-M-MB894-101.JPG

Here's an interesting picture of a M40A5 with a Nightforce. Probably a Mk13 Mod 7 scope?View attachment 8339110

It might be the 5-25x56 ATACR, it appears to have a capped windage knob with the cap removed. The turret markings are also the same. Some Marines uses the old NF NXS on A3's, but but since this is a shooting team A5, they would want the newest, best stuff, so the new 5-25x ATACR's make sense. I could be wromg, so if someone has other information, please correct me. I don't know the shooting team guns like I do the rest of the M40xx series.

Here's something most people don't know. Since that's a USMC shooting team M40A5, more than likely it's chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, not 7.62x51.

Here's a contract overrun USMC NightForce Mil-Spec ATACR 5-25x56 scope on my Mk13 Mod 7. Notice how it has the same features as the scope in the other photo.

1000008897.jpg

Compare that with a NF Mil-Spec NXS 3.5-15x50. Obviously they had different turret markings on the NXS series, but the scope in the photo looks like it's an ATACR.

1000008898.jpg

Are there any photos floating around of the USMC shooting team's M40A6 builds? They actually welded the A6 RACS chassis so that the buttstock can never be shut and so that any other piece that could move no longer does. And the chassis is cerakoted gray, the barreled action is cerakoted a burnt bronze color or something similar. It's an awesome looking rifle!

I am thinking about a M40A5 clone, however, parts are almost impossible to come by in germany.

May i ask you guys about your impression on the GAP rifles? They even offer a M24 clone. I am currently trying to figure out how to get a rifle imported to germany.

If i go that route i need to be sure the rifles are worth the cash. Its impossible for me to gather original parts over here although i would love to do so...

The A5 is probably the most well rounded out of the m40-m40a6 line. Overall package i think the (get ready for unpopular opinion) A6 takes the cake but no great place to put your thumb is irking me.

In the process of building the m40 through A6 line minus the A3 (no sense if you have an A1 and A5) and have various parts to complete all. Snuck in the Darpa XM-3 also and it will be one hell of a series to own.

Its an addiction
Put your thumb right on the takedown latch plate.