• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A1 or M40A3 or M40A5

Well there you go. It is made specific for the clip slot and not the M40 spec. That should work.

Found this the other night figured it would be appreciated here😉
E367640E-4076-4C8B-A873-59797F5C96C9.png

M40A1 hands down. It’s gonna be the hardest of the 3 to do right, the
most expensive and require the most patience

Early A3 will Be next in line. Big Hook Stock can be difficult and of course Unertl .

A5 will probably be the easiest to
Round up the parts for, but IMO is the culminations of the A3 progression.

Personally, I Hated the A3. Freakin boat anchor, thankfully only had to carry it for one pump. I had to build the 2 I carried tho Ended up selling the Early A3. Kept the A1. That will Get passed down to my daughter

If I build another M40 it’ll be the OGM4 and maybe an M70

9C53B116-16D7-4C0B-97A5-30CAA2FE01BD.jpeg

32B4E041-8BF2-4C22-8554-8D1254DF963F.jpeg

35A4E784-4A3C-4A1E-9725-2A7F9DF75197.jpeg

Last edited:
Sweet rig! Are you a lefty? Noticed you have the saddle knobs on the port side.
Yup! Mounted knobs and EFR on left and out the way. Also, have to run all the LOP spacers so I don't smack myself in the face every time i cycle the action!

Reactions: kft101
M40A1 hands down. It’s gonna be the hardest of the 3 to do right, the
most expensive and require the most patience

Early A3 will Be next in line. Big Hook Stock can be difficult and of course Unertl .

A5 will probably be the easiest to
Round up the parts for, but IMO is the culminations of the A3 progression.

Personally, I Hated the A3. Freakin boat anchor, thankfully only had to carry it for one pump. I had to build the 2 I carried tho Ended up selling the Early A3. Kept the A1. That will Get passed down to my daughter

If I build another M40 it’ll be the OGM4 and maybe an M70

View attachment 7681164

View attachment 7681166

View attachment 7681168
That is a hell of a collection! I dig all the Eagle Ind. nylon accessories. The HSRC with extra pouches are classic. The Eagle padded scope and crown covers you have are the ones I've been looking for for some time. Thanks for sharing!

That is a hell of a collection! I dig all the Eagle Ind. nylon accessories. The HSRC with extra pouches are classic. The Eagle padded scope and crown covers you have are the ones I've been looking for for some time. Thanks for sharing!

thank you man! Yeah the OD green w/black buckles can be hard to find but they pop up On eBay now and again. Juet
Gotta keep checking.

PGW is winding down their operations, so if you need one of their UNS rails for an M40A3/5 build, get it while you can! There might be an opportunity for a group buy from them in the future, but I wouldn't wait around to find out.

https://pgwdti.com/product/pgw-uns-rail/

xq1qiMa.jpeg
I hope they can resume operations soon in a friendlier climate. Sucks to see companies get forced out of business by nonsense regulation.

PGW is winding down their operations, so if you need one of their UNS rails for an M40A3/5 build, get it while you can! There might be an opportunity for a group buy from them in the future, but I wouldn't wait around to find out.

https://pgwdti.com/product/pgw-uns-rail/

xq1qiMa.jpeg
That sucks. But dang, a 400 CAD export and brokerage fee? That’s going to make each mount very expensive unless it’s a large order. Anyone else interested in a group buy to dilute that export fee?

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
Like others have stated, no export fee last year when I ordered from them. I do recall folks saying they had an issue with customs on one of their orders.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
No, the S&B 3-12x PMIIs used on the M40A3s and M40A5s use .1 milliradian adjustment turrets.

The A3's in 2006/2007 had DT turrets with a BDC for M118LR. Towards the end of 2007/beginning of 2008, the scopes were sent in to be replaced with MTC turrets that didn't have a BDC. When I got to my SSP in March 2008, they had just gotten back their scopes with the new MTC turrets. Since the A5's came out years later, it's highly unlikely that any of them had DT turrets with a BDC.

The DT turrets were made by Premier Reticles:

75bzzjo.jpeg

The A3's in 2006/2007 had DT turrets with a BDC for M118LR. Towards the end of 2007/beginning of 2008, the scopes were sent in to be replaced with MTC turrets that didn't have a BDC. When I got to my SSP in March 2008, they had just gotten back their scopes with the new MTC turrets. Since the A5's came out years later, it's highly unlikely that any of them had DT turrets with a BDC.

The DT turrets were made by Premier Reticles:

75bzzjo.jpeg
Oh yeah, forgot about the pre-MTC turreted S&Bs.

I was able to pick up an S&B 3-12x50 PM II with the PR30M118LR turret. I believe that it’s a civilian scope, as it’s not marked with Premier or any other USMC markings. But interestingly it does have the Premier mil-dot reticle. Does anyone have any additional info on these? Planning to build an early M40a3 with it.

Here’s a picture of the turret...

Attachments

• 3A615210-9296-4E5E-BF36-56D1C4E4F94E.jpeg
    3A615210-9296-4E5E-BF36-56D1C4E4F94E.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 120
I was able to pick up an S&B 3-12x50 PM II with the PR30M118LR turret. I believe that it’s a civilian scope, as it’s not marked with Premier or any other USMC markings. But interestingly it does have the Premier mil-dot reticle. Does anyone have any additional info on these? Planning to build an early M40a3 with it.

That's an original USMC DT turret, it's correct for an M40A3 circa 2006/7. If you look at my previous post, the box I posted contains one of those turrets, it also has the PR30M11LR part number.

S&B sent the scopes to Premier Reticles to have the Gen 2 reticle installed, PR would have also put these turrets on the scopes during this time. Your scope may have originally had the turret or someone could have purchased a spare turret and put it on the scope. The ones in the boxes are spares.

They also made DT turrets for the Barrett M107 with a BDC for the Mk211 Raufuss. Those turrets have PR50MK211 engraved on them and have a corresponding BDC.

These turrets are extremely rare and are worth quite a bit to collectors. Hopefully you'll put it on an A3 clone!

That's an original USMC DT turret, it's correct for an M40A3 circa 2006/7. If you look at my previous post, the box I posted contains one of those turrets, it also has the PR30M11LR part number.

S&B sent the scopes to Premier Reticles to have the Gen 2 reticle installed, PR would have also put these turrets on the scopes during this time. Your scope may have originally had the turret or someone could have purchased a spare turret and put it on the scope. The ones in the boxes are spares.

They also made DT turrets for the Barrett M107 with a BDC for the Mk211 Raufuss. Those turrets have PR50MK211 engraved on them and have a corresponding BDC.

These turrets are extremely rare and are worth quite a bit to collectors. Hopefully you'll put it on an A3 clone!
As always...a wealth of knowledge!

I always wondered what S&B did with all those turrets that the marine corps sent to be changed out to the MTC turrets. Nice scope for sure!

Does your S&B generally look beat to shit?

Just need a McMillan HTG and it'll be close enough (for now).

@168BTHPM

View attachment 7785753

Dude, I have had it said to me a few times before tearing a rifle apart....."That is too pretty to mess with".

There is a clip slotted 40x receiver in the PX at a pretty big price but not out of the realm of possibilities considering Remington as we new it no longer exists and time will tell if new receivers are what we want.

Reactions: Stevo86
Dude, I have had it said to me a few times before tearing a rifle apart....."That is too pretty to mess with".

There is a clip slotted 40x receiver in the PX at a pretty big price but not out of the realm of possibilities considering Remington as we new it no longer exists and time will tell if new receivers are what we want.
☝🏻What he said… please don’t cut up that 40x

☝🏻What he said… please don’t cut up that 40x
No cutting. Just remove and replace the stock. No plans for anything permanent. Won't be "correct" but it'll be close enough for me.

I have the Springfield Armory Government Model 30mm Tube scope for sale if anyone wants to recreate this. Get started now on the hard to get items. Sorry for the shameless plug but maybe someone is looking for this scope

I think I got screwed.

The TIS sling I bought last week in the PX looks nothing like that legit one.

• Wow
Reactions: sandwarrior