• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

M40A3 and decelerator pad

tps50701

Private
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2007
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Guys,

Due to the spinal injury I suffered a while back, I thinned the herd out and kept my M40A3, which is a labour of love.

It has the original McM recoil pad on the A4. I was thinking of adding a decelerator pad onto it, to tame recoil even more.

Opinions needed on if it would be appropriate to put a decelerator pad onto it - would it still look right?

This is also out of necessity for recoil reduction, as I can't really handle very much recoil and am looking at yet another operation on my spine.

Any help in deciding would be very helpful.

Cheers, Carl

Re: M40A3 and decelerator pad

the decelarator pad will help,but if less recoil is still needed,try a Caldwell led sled.I know they are bulky and you have to put sand bags on them too, but they do work.other than those two try the lead shoulder pad to absord additional recoil.My 16.5lb M40a3 hardly has much of a recoil,but with a spinal injury i guess any movement makes a diffrence?good luck shooting ,hope you recover quickly!