• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors macBros - Lima vs Silencerco - Spectre II?

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Hey guys just looking for a first had review/comparision between the MacBros - Lima and the SilencerCo. Spectre II suppressors for 22LR. I'm looking at purchasing one of the two. They're very comparable in size and weight. The only difference is the baffle stack configuration. I like the snap together design that the Spectre II has over the k baffles in the Lima. I have first hand experience with the Spectre II but none with the Lima.

So, that's what i'm asking of you guys. Spectre over the Lima. Please help me out.

Mack Brothers Rimfire Suppressors - Mack Brothers
SilencerCo Suppressors ? SilencerCo Firearm Suppressors

Thanks

Deano

Deano, I have the Lima. Its my only 22 suppressor currently but I'm very happy with it. Use it on a variety of hosts and happy with its sound. Just cleaned mine today and it was easy using the dip and my sonic cleaner. If you ever come to the lower Dakota, I would be happy to let ya shoot it. Enough rambling, you can't go wrong with either IMHO.

Go with the Specter II. The CTA Baffles are worth it. I haven't seen any Lima baffle pics, but you stated they were k's. Cleaning my k baffled 45 can (Ti-Rant) is not pleasant and that's with jacketed ammo. 22lr is extremely dirty plus the splatter of molten lead each shot. I also have the Silencerco Sparrow, another heavy duty easy to clean suppressor that will last a lifetime. Silencerco has excellent customer service even if it's your fault. NFA items are a lifetime purchase don't take any shortcuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiRants baffles are aluminum. Lima baffles are stainless steel, you "dip" them and then few hours later they are clean!! No scrubbing. I will never buy a suppressor with aluminum parts. Ever

TiRants baffles are aluminum. Lima baffles are stainless steel, you "dip" them and then few hours later they are clean!! No scrubbing. I will never buy a suppressor with aluminum parts. Ever

I was referring to the baffles being k type and not containing the crud not the materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for the thoughts. I appreciate it. I would have thought that the Lima would be the harder of the two to get the baffle stock out of and clean. I will agree that SS is the way to go with a 22 can.

Deano

I've got several hosts that it will be utilized on. From 22LR pistols to 17HMR and 22Mag.

Thanks for the videos.

Deano