• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

The newest Gen actions are supposed to be pre fit compatible, but the first gen were not.

Reactions: Darryle
I called Mack Bros regarding a couple of other things lately. I intended to ask this question but completely forgot. I did talk to Dale however and was impressed that he was the one taking CS calls. I'm not a machinist but it would seem that timing the threads would be relatively easy with todays machining technology. IF they are timed and eligible for prefits this would elevate their value substantially.

Well, I thought the threads starting at the same position on every action resulted in the same HS given the same barrel. For example, 12:00 for all receivers. Is this not the reason that a barrel can be swapped between two actions? Other things too like exact distance to receiver face have to be met, but I would think this is already within tolerance.

It's much more about the distance between the lug face and the bolt face. Lots of barrel manufacturers that make prefit won't even agree that the markings will be timed.

Gotcha, thanks. So, the bigger answer is that all receivers and bolts need to be machined exactly the same. If they were all identical by definition, they would all fit a given barrel the same. My question now is with the technology and ability of CNC machines these days why aren't all actions held within "prefit" tolerances?

Gotcha, thanks. So, the bigger answer is that all receivers and bolts need to be machined exactly the same. If they were all identical by definition, they would all fit a given barrel the same. My question now is with the technology and ability of CNC machines these days why aren't all actions held within "prefit" tolerances?
Honestly they are getting closer but the bigger thing is having the QC to make sure it doesn't go out unless it's confirmed.

Reactions: Halffull
One of the things to consider: is the action heat treated before or after machining?
Heat treating changes the dimensions.

Reactions: Halffull
So the drawing doesn't have a tolerance, just the pitch. Perry Precision has 4 in house and is going to measure them all

Gotta say I really like this action. I always wanted a 40x in 222 Rem Mag, but they always seemed to elude me, so I made my own. Evo II action in 223, Wyatts long 223 box, HS Precision take off stock, Pac-nor prefit 222 Rem Mag 12 Twist. Haven't had it to the range yet but can't keep my hands off it.

BWuhB7v.jpg

Anyone have any leads on when we’ll see these in stock again? That has seemed to be the biggest moving target with these.

Anyone have any leads on when we’ll see these in stock again? That has seemed to be the biggest moving target with these.
Perry Precision Outdoors has them in stock right now. He has some blanks in stock as well to make it a one stop shop.

I remember when these and the tenacity came about, both manufacturers claimed they would have stock at all times, Defiance is over a year out. The Evo hasn't been run for 6 months. Wish these companies would at leaat try sticking to their promises.

Crazy how no one anticipated global supply/labor shortages.

Defiance is in stock here. Couple different options available.

Reactions: rijndael
Crazy how no one anticipated global supply/labor shortages.

Defiance is in stock here. Couple different options available.

Supply yes, labor I'm not totally sure on. Defiance is local to me, their shop runs 24hrs a day with full shifts, Mack well I don't know. Covid did indeed throw a wrench in everything for supplies.

Supply yes, labor I'm not totally sure on. Defiance is local to me, their shop runs 24hrs a day with full shifts, Mack well I don't know. Covid did indeed throw a wrench in everything for supplies.
Labor shortages further up the supply chain.

Here are some EVO builds right out out the Mack Bros rifle division in Sturgis SD. We have 5 different models coming out here very soon. First available for the public to see and handle at the Dallas Safari show next week. We will also be at SHOT, Houston SCI, Western Hunting, and Nashville SCI. Our rifles will be available to see on our website in just a few weeks with the ability to configure and purchase directly from the gun builder feature. We have models to fit most anyone. From a classic hunting rifle, to a light weight fully customizable build ready with optics to our precision muzzleloader and SWITCH barrel rifle, we can build the precision hunting rifle of your dreams. Much more to come out on these in the coming weeks.

Attachments

• 4B0C3837-0D0C-4DD7-82E4-2ECC88B56AE2.jpeg
    4B0C3837-0D0C-4DD7-82E4-2ECC88B56AE2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 223
  • C513EB2C-DC5F-4BF7-BFF6-4C515FF2C6AE.jpeg
    C513EB2C-DC5F-4BF7-BFF6-4C515FF2C6AE.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 226
  • A7581CE7-7D6E-448A-A657-80F3825B2F4E.jpeg
    A7581CE7-7D6E-448A-A657-80F3825B2F4E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
  • EEF5A6F3-1D2C-4212-A183-0A21BED1E05D.jpeg
    EEF5A6F3-1D2C-4212-A183-0A21BED1E05D.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 9BD1C1C3-1D0C-47DB-98E7-AAC924B2A45E.jpeg
    9BD1C1C3-1D0C-47DB-98E7-AAC924B2A45E.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 217
Here are some EVO builds right out out the Mack Bros rifle division in Sturgis SD. We have 5 different models coming out here very soon. First available for the public to see and handle at the Dallas Safari show next week. We will also be at SHOT, Houston SCI, Western Hunting, and Nashville SCI. Our rifles will be available to see on our website in just a few weeks with the ability to configure and purchase directly from the gun builder feature. We have models to fit most anyone. From a classic hunting rifle, to a light weight fully customizable build ready with optics to our precision muzzleloader and SWITCH barrel rifle, we can build the precision hunting rifle of your dreams. Much more to come out on these in the coming weeks.
Oh YEAH!!!

Looks like Manners is rolling out much more finish options... Mikey Likey
o_O

Those finishes are done in house in our facility. Some are factory Manners finish stocks. We will be offering multiple color options.
Thank you for the Updates my good Sir! Looking forward to getting my hands on one of those actions soon!

Reactions: RemCustom6
You’ll need to check the website or call in to see what is currently in inventory.

My BDL works in an XLR Envy with AICS mags very well. This is 308. I had to mill a recess for the rear of the trigger hanger though. That's not you question but may be a consideration.

My BDL works in an XLR Envy with AICS mags very well. This is 308. I had to mill a recess for the rear of the trigger hanger though. That's not you question but may be a consideration.
The recess you had to mill was in the stock for the hanger? There is no way to avoid this with a trigger hanger in any rem700 stock if I understand correctly?

Reactions: RemCustom6
The recess you had to mill was in the stock for the hanger? There is no way to avoid this with a trigger hanger in any rem700 stock if I understand correctly?
I'd say that all depends on the stock/chassis and who's action is used. For example, the Mack Bros had to be relieved on the back side of hanger and Impact 737 on the area in front of the trigger. This was on the same chassis. Now it supports both actions.

Reactions: Bowhunter-tw
Will the Evo work with a remage barrel ( 700 bolt nose and 1.0625x16 threads ) and will this action work with AW magazines ?

Yes to both of your questions. The EVO is AW/AICS cut if you buy the BDM version.

Yes to both of your questions. The EVO is AW/AICS cut if you buy the BDM version.
I think this is only true for the Gen 2 Evos, I belive the Gen 1 requires material to be removed from the barrel tenon

can anyone confirm that a remage nut prefit will fit on a evo ii? Specifically looking at a NSS criterion remage.