• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mack Bro’s SS Evo

They also list standard, magnum, and 223 bolt face now.

If I remember right, they told me March or May, not sure anymore. I am looking for a 308 bolt face for my 6br build

Anyone know the weight of the action +bolt?

I have a couple I can weigh when I get home. I think it’s around 28.5 with the rail and without the trigger

Mine is 29.3 Oz.
20220210_110428.jpg

I just spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she said late spring for backorders and June/July for more to be in stock.

• Haha
Reactions: Redvanes
I just spoke to a nice lady on the phone and she said late spring for backorders and June/July for more to be in stock.
They've been pushing it out since at least April of last year.... every update I've seen is a month or 2 away...

I called in September and they told me they would be getting with backorders in December. Then it was January... then it was February...

Looks to me like they have raised the price to $675, so the price gap to an origin is closing a little.
This kinda upsets me. Raise a price by 20% on something you've decided to produce in almost a year when there is a very large demand for it? There were photos of the newer evos from shot show. They were all dlc coated, had options for hunter vs tqctical optic rails. Perhaps that's the reason for the cost increase.

This kinda upsets me. Raise a price by 20% on something you've decided to produce in almost a year when there is a very large demand for it? There were photos of the newer evos from shot show. They were all dlc coated, had options for hunter vs tqctical optic rails. Perhaps that's the reason for the cost increase.

Even barrel manufacturers are raising prices, raw material price increases are here and they're no longer willing to absorb the added cost. Barrels use a lot more steel in a barrel than in an action.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
The reason for the cost increase is due to material cost increase. Steel, aluminum, pins, screws and outside vendor (heat treat/nitride) have all gone up in price in the last year. Steel costs alone are up 30%.

The reason for the cost increase is due to material cost increase. Steel, aluminum, pins, screws and outside vendor (heat treat/nitride) have all gone up in price in the last year. Steel costs alone are up 30%.

And I have a feeling this action was a low margin item, which makes them more likely to raise the price and not absorb price increases.

Maybe the price increase is a good sign of proof that they actually ordered materials to start machining. Sorry I've been on the waiting list for a pair of actions since April of last year. It's just been frustrating. The increase has brought it pretty close in price to my available cost option on a zermatt origin. Will likely just go that route.

And I have a feeling this action was a low margin item, which makes them more likely to raise the price and not absorb price increases.
Defiance employees get one single free action at cost of materials/labor every year, it would shock you how cheap it is.

Reactions: Sierra770
It’s not as cheap as one may think. Giving an employee a free action is generous as an employer. But that employer is for sure writing off the 100% cost of that action. Material is expensive , machines to make metal chips are really expensive, and the tooling to go in these machines is really expensive, and you have all of the other cost to run the business which is really expensive. The Mack’s have over 30 CNC machines, some of which cost them over 500k a piece. So no, it’s not cheap to manufacture an action from billet parts.

Material is cheap when compared to machine run time. going by McMaster prices I would say there is about $100 of material per action but McM is expensive, I would say at current prices from a normal material supplier it is more likely $75 per action. But with the increase of everything I bet their shop time cost have gone up to. Plus custom actions isn't a larger profit margin business so making and selling an action their own is more than likely not as profitable as manufacturing actions for other companies. Hell at work I have order parts that are over $75k a piece and they only have about $750 worth of material in them. So I don't think Mac Bro's really makes much per action on the EVO SS which why it is taking so long to come back in stock.

Material is cheap when compared to machine run time. going by McMaster prices I would say there is about $100 of material per action but McM is expensive, I would say at current prices from a normal material supplier it is more likely $75 per action. But with the increase of everything I bet their shop time cost have gone up to. Plus custom actions isn't a larger profit margin business so making and selling an action their own is more than likely not as profitable as manufacturing actions for other companies. Hell at work I have order parts that are over $75k a piece and they only have about $750 worth of material in them. So I don't think Mac Bro's really makes much per action on the EVO SS which why it is taking so long to come back in stock.

Comparing McMaster prices isn’t really fair at all. HUGE price difference in raw materials

Comparing McMaster prices isn’t really fair at all. HUGE price difference in raw materials
True McMaster tends to be high on their raw material prices, but it was to show that raw material for machining is usually cheap when compared to machine time. But I will say there are specialty alloys and plastics that can pretty expensive. Really the cost that they are paying for the raw material is probably around $40 to $65 depending order size and their supplier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redvanes
What am I missing? it seems the same as last week...
You can pre-order now.

Edit: just checked website, you could pre-order last night, no longer though.

Pertaining to my order or two placed last night, I contacted Mac this morning, these will be the new evo II actions. Quoted ship is 45-60 days. They've been saying that for a long time however.

Last edited:
You can pre-order now.

Edit: just checked website, you could pre-order last night, no longer though.

Pertaining to my order or two placed last night, I contacted Mac this morning, these will be the new evo II actions. Quoted ship is 45-60 days. They've been saying that for a long time however.
You ordered two last night? Did you get the ones you ordered last year yet?

Man, I hate to be this way, but with the price increase and delays, a Bighorn Origin is the easy answer. A $200 convenience tax for swappable bolt heads, more readily available on-the-shelf prefits, and actually being able to buy one. And I'm an Evo fan. I'd like to have 2 or 3, but I won't sit around and wait forever.

I hope this is just a short term hiccup in the grand scheme.

Man, I hate to be this way, but with the price increase and delays, a Bighorn Origin is the easy answer. A $200 convenience tax for swappable bolt heads, more readily available on-the-shelf prefits, and actually being able to buy one. And I'm an Evo fan. I'd like to have 2 or 3, but I won't sit around and wait forever.

I hope this is just a short term hiccup in the grand scheme.
also proof prefit barrels for the zermatts

if Mack can get these out, with prefit ability (proof especially) i'll def be picking some up

Reactions: Secant
Supposedly they had an email list I was on that would go out before they put them up on the site, guess that didn't happen

Reactions: x2cross
Supposedly they had an email list I was on that would go out before they put them up on the site, guess that didn't happen
Same here, thought I was in the e mail list but did not receive any info.

I looked at the listing last night when it was open but the information in their description did not mention anything about this new run being part of the evo II run.

I called and the lady(Kamala) I talked to said all actions currently backordered will be the updated version. They will call people in order and give them options based on what they were able to get done/have in stock. She said nitriting and bolt stops were some of the major hold ups. Short and long actions will be available depending on what they have when they call.

This was opened up for people that received an email from the list. It was shut down because of other people placing orders. They are getting 30-40 bolts at a time back from nitride so they are going down the list for orders. Once everyone on the list is taken care of then they will put what is left on the site.

I should be on the list to get another one as well. Still haven't heard anything, and it appears that their website isn't working right now as well.

I called on Friday about their lead times on short action mag faces, and she said they were about 4 weeks out and she would put me on an email list. Said they were shipping Short action 308 faces now and through then. I also had her put me on a list for that one. I am wondering however if I misunderstood her about the lead time. If the 1-4 weeks was for people ALREADY on the list/preorders, or if that would include me. Is anyone still waiting on their stuff from last year? Anyone gotten an update recently? Currently gathering parts for a 7 SAW to have built, and I can't order my AG until i have an action chosen. Wondering if I should try to wait, or just order a big horn. I am not a patient man lol.

I called on Friday about their lead times on short action mag faces, and she said they were about 4 weeks out and she would put me on an email list. Said they were shipping Short action 308 faces now and through then. I also had her put me on a list for that one. I am wondering however if I misunderstood her about the lead time. If the 1-4 weeks was for people ALREADY on the list/preorders, or if that would include me. Is anyone still waiting on their stuff from last year? Anyone gotten an update recently? Currently gathering parts for a 7 SAW to have built, and I can't order my AG until i have an action chosen. Wondering if I should try to wait, or just order a big horn. I am not a patient man lol.
I received 2 short action 308 bf tactical actions 10 days ago. Been waiting for them since late May last year.

I may call back just to get a confirmation on the lead time for my own sanity. I’ve never handled a MB, but for the price it seems like a no brain option for a custom hunting rifle without moving to a Ti action. Any complaints on yours since you received them?

Pictures pleaseee
Hmmm ones at the smith getting a 6x47 pipe put on, other is at home, which I'm not for the next 6 weeks. These are gen2 actions, the bolt handle has changed from gen1. The actions take bighorn bolt handles, as I installed one. I installed a tt special and measured pin fall at about 230k. The action does decock when closing as the cocking piece rides onto the sear. Mac has + and - hangers to adjust trigger timing available.

Last edited:
Mine should be coming in tomorrow

Does anyone know of they come with the trigger pins or do I have to find those?

I called them yesterday to follow up on lead times for people on the wait list and they had one avaliable that somebody passed on (SA, .308 BF) and i grabbed it. Shipped today, should have it friday or saturday.

Mac bros uses a trigger hanger i believe, not pins.

I called them yesterday to follow up on lead times for people on the wait list and they had one avaliable that somebody passed on (SA, .308 BF) and i grabbed it. Shipped today, should have it friday or saturday.

still need pins which wont be standard pins either

at about 55 seconds. I don't see pins. It looks like the front slips in and the rear is set with an adjustable screw? It looks like the hangar is built in. I'm not 100% sure though. I can update when mine gets here.

Reactions: Carlos0311B4
I am incorrect. On their site it does show pins that come with the installed shoe. It says you can change your spacing on the pins to set proper timing.

Attachments

• MB Evo Shoe.png
    MB Evo Shoe.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 71

That was me lol. I'm waiting for a 223 bolt

Reactions: Evlshnngns
It will come with a trigger hanger and 2 pins to attach the trigger to the hanger.

Technically the trigger pins to the hanger, then uses a allen cap screw to secure hanger to action.

Here is my action, a remage barrel and TacSport bolted right up with no problem

I would have preferred the old bolt style if I had a choice

zn_mac_1.jpg

zn_mac_3.jpg

zn_mac_4.jpg

Reactions: Darryle
I just got mine yesterday and definitely like it. May switch the rail eventually to a two piece like you have to save some weight. I like the bolt, not sure if I like the monster knob. May have one smaller made eventually.