• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag holders for Tikka T1x?

Sblzrd65

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2020
East Coast, USA
Been a bit since this was asked yet. Looking for a way to carry an extra mag or two for a Tikka T1x. Too much garbage in my pockets already. So far I'm looking at:

Short Action Precision SAP BT-MC Bergara/Tikka .22 Magazine Carrier $50 https://www.shortactionprecision.co...ka-22-magazine-carrier?variant=40061096165463

Hub City Outdoors TIKKA .22 MAG HOLDER $18 https://www.hubcityoutdoors.com/precision-rifle-gear/tikka-22-mag-holder

Any other ones to look at? Open to either on the belt or on the rifle. SAP makes one for others but apparently it won't fit Tikka mags.

The SAP one works as well as i think possible if you want to carry a couple extras on your belt. Obviously nicer than the Hub City but a cost $$.

Reactions: Sblzrd65
Links at bottom....

$64 USD to my door for Gray Fox dual mag holder with super nice Tek-Lok belt attachment. You can also adjust mag retention with the screws in the middle. I love it and haven't had any issues! Production and shipping from Canada took about 3 weeks from start to finish. I would definitely recommend and buy again.

I run one loaded mag toward the front of the carrier and put my bright orange JKL Precision "mag flag" in the rear position. Then when I'm done with a PRS/NRL22 stage I swap my empty mag in the gun for the mag flag.

Gray Fox Strategic - Rimfire Mag Carrier
JKL Precision - Mag Flag

Triad stock pouch can hold a ton of them. 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20230313_191359_Chrome.jpg

Not sure if they would ship to wherever you are but these have been great for me

A51B0B44-6BDD-49A5-9D5D-5F81128799AB.jpeg

I’ve seen enough mag change fumbles with full size mags to never want a belt holster. This is one of those cases where I’ll take the lead from the Biathlon rifles and go with a weapon mount mag holster. Smaller mags like CZ, Tikka, BMR, Anschutz, etc. fit even better than mine along the forend, and make changes speedy.

One of my friends uses a pouch originally designed for revolver speedloaders ( you can usually find them cheap in junk bins at gun shops and shows since so few people carry wheel guns anymore) and it works fine.

no joke for on board spare mags in that size class, I simply slip a couple of heavy duty rubber bands around the gun just forward of the receiver and stick the magazine under them

another trick with steel magazines is to glue a refrigerator magnet to the side of the stock and just attach the mag with this

There's also a third option - a 3D-printed holster by Redshot (a small UK company).
Their holster looks interesting, with a spring loaded catch holding the mag in palce.

But they only make it for .17HMR and I didn't want to pay for shipping to the US,
So I designed and printed my own.
It took a few days and 2 draft prints to get it right.

I've been using a pair of these holders (left + right) since November of the last year in NRL22 matches.
The only nuisance - I have to pull out the belt out of my pants to put these on or take them off.
Need to work on other options of the belt attachments.

IMG_8954.jpeg IMG_8939.jpeg IMG_8941.jpeg IMG_8944.jpeg

go on A&j sporting and get the cz457 mag holder, put a box of ammo in it to stretch it out for a few days and slap it on by the stock by the action. I have zero issues and can change mags and be on target in about 1.5sec. No fiddling around at the waist since its all right there.

Also its only 14ish bucks

Jstorm's printed ones look good, would there be a benefit to having something like that hard mounted to the stock near the magwell, says one on each side?
Sorry if this is dumb question, i qm not a comp shooter, but anything belt worn for sure adds extra motion and time.

Yes, it will. The closer it's mounted to the mag well - less movements you have to make to change mags.
Reaching belt isn't always convenient. Shirt or jacket can be in the way, etc.

I saw 3D printed mag holder attached to the side of fellow-NRL22-shooter's CZ. It's a simple rectangular box with thin walls, without bottom, where the mag sits upside down and is held there just by the friction.

The only reason why I went with holders carried on a belt - because I couldn't figure out clean and sturdy way to mount it to to the side of my KRG Bravo. If you're OK with double sided tape, or industrial strength velcro - it should work

Jstorm's printed ones look good, would there be a benefit to having something like that hard mounted to the stock near the magwell, says one on each side?
Sorry if this is dumb question, i qm not a comp shooter, but anything belt worn for sure adds extra motion and time.
I would go with the one I mentioned above, its light and out of the way with no issues holding mags and if you don't like it rip it off and its just velcro. But I guess if you did use the 3d printed ones and hard mounted it you could fill it with a box of tic tacs if you didn't wanna put a mag in it. Gotta keep that breath fresh

I'll make one for the KRG in a few weeks. I have the same need and would like the be able to carry a spare on the rifle.

So, I spent a few hours and re-purposed the original design. Now it can be mounted on two empty rail slots under my scope

Attachments

• IMG_2126.jpeg
    IMG_2126.jpeg
    502.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2129.jpeg
    IMG_2129.jpeg
    498.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2131.jpeg
    IMG_2131.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2133.jpeg
    IMG_2133.jpeg