• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Magazine followers

n4ue

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2012
Woods of North Florida
Hi, this is a wonderful site. Been reading for years, this is my first post. Excuse me if this has been asked before......

I do a lot of target shooting/load development. I recently purchased 2 Savage Axis and a TC Venture. I love them and the accuracy is right up there with my 'other rifles'...
I am looking for a magazine follower that will fit the above rifles.
"Score High" says that thier product will not fit the new 'center feed' mags. I use their followers on my other rifles and they work great, but these new rifles are a pain to feed one at a time....

Thank you in advance!

ron

Re: Magazine followers

OK, answering my own question. Since today was a washout weather wise, I went out to my shop to see how difficult it would be to make mag followers for the 3 rifles.
The TC Venture was 'falling off a log' easy.
A scrap piece of aluminum 1/8" thick X 1/2" wide X 3" long slid into the mag worked perfect. I put a slight downward bend at the bbl end, just to ensure the bolt's lugs wouldn't catch.
The 2 Savages (.223 and 7mm-08) both use unique mags.
Making these were a bit more difficult, but still in the 'easy' catagory.
Tools required:
Bandsaw (or a hacksaw)
Small belt sander (or file)
Scrap 1/8" aluminum angle stock (1/2" or 3/4").

I can furnish these deminisions to anyone who asks.

[email protected]

BTW, both of the Axis rifles had horrible triggers (as is well documented) but respond wonderfully to a simple trigger job.

regards,

ron