• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine Run is Starting - Still stuff in stock

I’ve seen mags of whatever I could want in each outdoor store I’ve been too. Scheels, Cabela’s, Bauer, rifle gear, etc.
Where I am in NC, there are no 30 round mags to be found in the usual big box stores... Different states and cities will vary.

Bauer Precision had a nice supply of Lancer mags recently. Scheels has been a welcome addition to the area.

Bauer Precision had a nice supply of Lancer mags recently. Scheels has been a welcome addition to the area.
Scheels is freaking awesome. Scored 3k primers there this week. I really like that they carry high end equipment and niche stuff also

Reactions: JLTX
Scheels is freaking awesome. Scored 3k primers there this week. I really like that they carry high end equipment and niche stuff also
Yeah, they consistently had Reloader 26 when it was nowhere to be found. Generally in store only.

Yeah, they consistently had Reloader 26 when it was nowhere to be found. Generally in store only.
They haven’t been listing what they have on their website for the past couple months. Have to show up or call and ask.

Full mrsp, plus tax plus shipping and welcome to 3 weeks ago. Try to keep up.

PSA has sold D&H mags for 6.99 for a decade.....they are now $12.
Another disingenuous comment. They raise their prices with any higher demand period same as any other major retailer.

Yes they are going out of stock in most of the larger more popular venders... In store stock is zero, and shipping is taking weeks on those sites that are getting replenished.
In this world, we pretend brownells is not a "larger, more popular vendor"...

He has no intentention of having a productive conversation. He is just here slinging shit becuase i set him correct in other threads and he is a petty child.

Those of us paying attention to the market and vendors know whats happening.
Please reference where you "set me correct"....

In this world, we pretend brownells is not a "larger, more popular vendor"...
What are you even arguing? Why even bother with the thread? Very odd to be arguing over something that apparently you don't care about. Very bizarre.

What are you even arguing? Why even bother with the thread? Very odd to be arguing over something that apparently you don't care about. Very bizarre.
Well, someone said online vendors are selling out, I post a link to an online vendor with a variety of in stock mags, poster walks it back with the qualifier of them being priced at retail. You then reply saying they're out at most popular vendors or taking weeks to ship, so I can only conclude you don't consider brownells to be a popular vendor since they're both A) in stock and B) not taking weeks to ship.

As to your second question; I care very much - more than anyone else reading this. However, I also care about facts, data, and rational thoughts, ideas and strategies. I don't care for misguided, misdirected, incoherent, hyperbolic, insulting, fear mongering ramblings rooted in, at best, annicdoctal experiences, and at worst, lies.

Last edited:
Ya know, factual & verifiable data, not hyperbolic ramblings.
Factual and verifiable data on what gun owners have sitting at home?

You are asking for something that does not exist. Its a red herring.

Training, selling to , buying from thousands of people over the years and you learn peoples habits. Its an educated opinion based on observation over a long period of time.

How many "gun" guys have been hit up by friends familly ect over the last year where to get ammo, or a gun,ect? People who have owned gins longer than I have been alive begging for ammo becuase they have a few boxes and thats all they ever kept. Anytime they shot they would buy a few boxes from walmart.

I stand by what I said and you have zero ability to disprove it.

Well, someone said online vendors are selling out, I post a link to an online vendor with a variety of in stock mags, poster walks it back with the qualifier of them being priced at retail. You then reply saying they're out at most popular vendors or taking weeks to ship, so I can only conclude you don't consider brownells to be a popular vendor since they're both A) in stock and B) not taking weeks to ship.

As to your second question; I care very much - more than anyone else reading this. However, I also care about facts, data, and rational thoughts, ideas and strategies. I don't care for misguided, misdirected, incoherent, hyperbolic, insulting, fear mongering ramblings rooted in, at best, annicdoctal experiences, and at worst, lies.
You posted one link and you did not read the thread. Their prices were MSRP which again proves you are not keeping up sport.

There is more than one vendor, there are thousands but really a few hundred online vendors who makup the bulk of the market.

Brownells is charging full price, plus shipping plus tax. Its why they suck balls. I have a dealer account with them and they are still more expensive than dozens of other places.

Sorry we dont pay full price when there are cheaper places that also dont charge tax and have low shipping.

Stop pretending you are contributing anything to this thread of value. Most peolple who are posting in here have observed the same thing.

Specialty mags (higher quality) have been tough to come by in North Texas recently, but PMAGs for AR15/10 are everywhere. RifleGear was loaded today w 5/10/20/30/40/60/100 mags and drums. Lots of pistol mags as well in re to HK (20’s for VP9) and CZ. Nothing recently in re to AICS, Tikka/Sako (even Beretta Gallery), etc...Eurooptic helped me with speciality mags several months ago, but zero in sight anywhere right now at my usual haunts. Btw, I am not agreeing/disagreeing with anyone here, just posting what I have seen in the northern part of a unrestricted red state.
Hk mags are one that really are cyclic too. Msrp on uspt and 20 rounder vp9 are over $60. There are a few places that you could get uspt for $36 and vp9 20s for 42. One sold out fast and most of the good HK vendors are out of stock.

I was able to snag some of the uspt .45 mags and need to buy like 20 of the vp9 20s before they dry up.

Reactions: JLTX
You posted one link and you did not read the thread. Their prices were MSRP which again proves you are not keeping up sport.

There is more than one vendor, there are thousands but really a few hundred online vendors who makup the bulk of the market.

Brownells is charging full price, plus shipping plus tax. Its why they suck balls. I have a dealer account with them and they are still more expensive than dozens of other places.

Sorry we dont pay full price when there are cheaper places that also dont charge tax and have low shipping.

Stop pretending you are contributing anything to this thread of value. Most peolple who are posting in here have observed the same thing.
Flies in the face of your position a bit doesn't it? If people aren't willing to pay retail and tax (really, you hold tax against an online retailer?), demand must not be too crazy then.
Guarantee people would love to pay retail for ammo right now....

Factual and verifiable data on what gun owners have sitting at home?

You are asking for something that does not exist. Its a red herring.

Training, selling to , buying from thousands of people over the years and you learn peoples habits. Its an educated opinion based on observation over a long period of time.

How many "gun" guys have been hit up by friends familly ect over the last year where to get ammo, or a gun,ect? People who have owned gins longer than I have been alive begging for ammo becuase they have a few boxes and thats all they ever kept. Anytime they shot they would buy a few boxes from walmart.

I stand by what I said and you have zero ability to disprove it.
Do you understand the definition of "annicdoctal"?

Flies in the face of your position a bit doesn't it? If people aren't willing to pay retail and tax (really, you hold tax against an online retailer?), demand must not be too crazy then.
Guarantee people would love to pay retail for ammo right now....

For the 3rd time, you are not keeping up. Either you are not smart enough to pick up what were putting down or you are just trolling.

I am sorry you cannot understand this. In the Army we had jobs for people who could only score a 31 on their ASVAB.

Feel free to leave my thread.

I'm starting to see a lot of things back in stock and staying in stock longer. I hope this shit normalizes soon. With ammo and components, too.
I hope so too. A few states will be voting either in commitee or in their state houses for various gun control shortly. 20Million plus americans about to get NY style gun control shoved down their throat is going to cause a run. Anyone remmeber Post Sandy hook and than CO push? That was ugly but small scale compared to what may happen. It makes sense to stock up now just incase.

I hope so too. A few states will be voting either in commitee or in their state houses for various gun control shortly. 20Million plus americans about to get NY style gun control shoved down their throat is going to cause a run. Anyone remmeber Post Sandy hook and than CO push? That was ugly but small scale compared to what may happen. It makes sense to stock up now just incase.
Which states are on the hook for this? VA? WA?

For the 3rd time, you are not keeping up. Either you are not smart enough to pick up what were putting down or you are just trolling.

I am sorry you cannot understand this. In the Army we had jobs for people who could only score a 31 on their ASVAB.

Feel free to leave my thread.
You said they're selling out. I showed evidence contrary. You qualified your statement by saying it's because they're retail prices. Now, if there were any sort of note worthy run, for example - ammo & reloading components, retail price would not be a deterrent, would it?
Instead of insulting others, maybe take a few minutes to make sure your position is logically consistent.

You want me to define a made up word?
How's about "anecdotal"? Do you know that one?

Also, noticed you walking back your statement from "a lot" of states to "a few", do you have an exact number you can reference or are we going to keep playing in a land where vague hypotheticals are to be taken as gospel?

In case there's any question, this was released by the white house today as a statement by the president.

"This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now."

In case there's any question, this was released by the white house today as a statement by the president.

"This Administration will not wait for the next mass shooting to heed that call. We will take action to end our epidemic of gun violence and make our schools and communities safer. Today, I am calling on Congress to enact commonsense gun law reforms, including requiring background checks on all gun sales, banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and eliminating immunity for gun manufacturers who knowingly put weapons of war on our streets. We owe it to all those we’ve lost and to all those left behind to grieve to make a change. The time to act is now."

And there it is.. they aren't even going to wait for a false flag to commence total power grab from the People, who they want to have total control over. Scary times.

Same things were said last time they had a (much larger) majority.

I went ahead and got a few more mags. If it’s one thing I’ve learned since ‘08, it’s buying what you can while you can. If I would have followed this when primers and powder were a thing I wouldn’t be in the current position that I am in...

Reactions: Texascbr
They just stole an election from the people blatantly they are silencing anyone who exposes any sort of government related corruption fraud and crimes and they are branding an entire massive group of Americans terrorists. This is a different time than 2008 elections, in my opinion. I have lost faith in the integrity of our elections after what we saw happen in Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc... Unlike 2008, where they feared losing future elections with radical gun control, they now have nothing to fear... A minority of elites and they want nothing more than to turn us into a communist hell hole.

Last edited:
Yep it basically comes down to this:

If they do nothing, and you do nothing you are out nothing.
If they do nothing, and you buy what you want/need now while you can, you're still out nothing.
If they do something, and you can't buy what you want anymore, you only have yourself to blame.

Lots of people said they didn't believe we'd see ammo shortages before the election either, and they were right! You can still get 9mm, except it's now $50 a box. Welcome to the cost of being the unprepared. Some of us tried to tell them this was going to happen long before it was a problem.

You really think right now with every GOP politician running scared right now that when someone from the national media puts a mic in front of their face and says "Do you really believe that Americans should own military assault weapons and high capacity magazines that were used to kill 100's of school kids in mass shootings?" that they are going to say "Yes I do!"? If so, you have more faith in politicians than I do.

Yep it basically comes down to this:

If they do nothing, and you do nothing you are out nothing.
If they do nothing, and you buy what you want/need now while you can, you're still out nothing.
If they do something, and you can't buy what you want anymore, you only have yourself to blame.

Lots of people said they didn't believe we'd see ammo shortages before the election either, and they were right! You can still get 9mm, except it's now $50 a box. Welcome to the cost of being the unprepared. Some of us tried to tell them this was going to happen long before it was a problem.

You really think right now with every GOP politician running scared right now that when someone from the national media puts a mic in front of their face and says "Do you really believe that Americans should own military assault weapons that were used to kill 100's of school kids in mass shootings?" that they are going to say "Yes I do!"? If so, you have more faith in politicians than I do.
Well, if you're buying what you don't need (which this thread is advocating), you'll be out quite a bit of cash.

I wasn't aware republicans are "running scared". Trump was just acquitted because of fear of voter backlash, so yea put me in the camp of politicians cognizant of losing their job and sweeping gun legislation doing that. Not to mention, no one wants to touch the filibuster powder keg and purple state senators. Now, state level actions? Definitely a handful that are ripe for crappy optics laws.

(And FWIW, the ammo shortage came well before the election and had zero to do with politics and everything to do with the civil unrest)

Last edited:
I don't really see the thread as advocating to buy things you don't need or won't use, that would be foolish. Nor do I support paying panic buying prices because the "sky is falling". I simply see the thread supporting the idea that stocking up on a consumable that you can still get at normal prices, more than you might normally, is not be a bad idea. If magazines are not a consumable for your shooting style (and they are not for everyone, I know guys that have used the same 3 range mags for 30 years and they still work fine) then it doesn't really matter.

If you think the ammo shortage would not have happened without covid, or is not worse now due to the election, I have some cheap ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.

Reactions: Texascbr
I don't really see the thread as advocating to buy things you don't need or won't use, that would be foolish. Nor do I support paying panic buying prices because the "sky is falling". I simply see the thread supporting the idea that stocking up on a consumable that you can still get at normal prices, more than you might normally, is not be a bad idea. If magazines are not a consumable for your shooting style (and they are not for everyone, I know guys that have used the same 3 range mags for 30 years and they still work fine) then it doesn't really matter.

If you think the ammo shortage would not have happened without covid, or is not worse now due to the election, I have some cheap ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.
You seem to change definitions to suit your position. Buying what you normally wouldn't is exactly how we get into these shortage cycles and extend them far beyond necessary.

And I never said covid had any impact on the ammo shortage because that was minimal.

I spoke too soon.
Finally received my order this afternoon after it bounced around in USPS land for a while.
Botach shipped me standard USGI mags instead of the E2’s I ordered. 😑
Well, I’ve learned my lesson. Botach is a no-go for me from now on.

First, they shipped me the wrong mags.

After a few emails with CS, they apologized and sent me a prepaid shipping label to send them back.

When they received the mags I returned, I got another email telling me they were now out of stock of the mags I ordered. They asked me to wait for them to come back in stock or take a refund. No ETA on a restock. When I asked why the correct magazines were not held aside for CS, I received no answer. I told them I wouldn’t have shipped the USGI mags back to them if I’d known I’d have been stuck on a waitlist. They’re just going to be training mags anyways. They offered to send me back the original USGI’s. Fine, better than nothing. The original mags shipped back out today.

What a clusterfuck.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball