• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magazine Run is Starting - Still stuff in stock

I'm really feeling for you guys.
In the UK we are very limited in what we can keep ammo wise. I'm quite luck that I can use and explain the reason for wanting and being able to purchase 3k .22's but the rest of my calibres I'm limited to being able to hold only 500 rounds. The police will and do check what ammo we have and the require a shooting log to account for those rounds. Although we aren't limited on mags.... At the moment atleast.
Fight to keep your rights guys! Because you'll never get them back once gone. You only have to look at the UK and how we suffer the constant pressure and constant reviews of our firearms laws.
One quick thought..... All the mags you've brought will be documented by the companies you've brought them from. If your government suddenly states that they want to tax you on each mag or worse. They'll have a paper trail to every purchase! Hope you've all got a plan for that!

I have a pretty good supply of items from the Barry years. I am just going to opine here as someone that filled up a storage unit with tens of thousands of dollars in shit I thought I needed.

Not likely to wear out any mag stash with ammo over $1/round. Primers are being hoarded by the ammo manufacturers-not the reloaders. When people start stockpiling ammo it has a domino effect. The ammo sellers are smart this time, they’re not gonna just run out. The prices are just going to go through the roof and massive profits will be made well before supply empties.

The retailers have learned a lot of lessons. As soon as you start buying a shit ton of magazines they will slap limits on them and the prices will go through the roof. Nobody’s gonna run out (at least not the experienced retailers) and miss out on an opportunity to cash in.

IMO building a massive stockpile of mags is not very useful. Having a decent number of extras is prudent but if you “buy in” (pardon the pun) to the reasoning used in this thread you need to apply it to every component in your rifle. That means for every 20 mags you get you need to buy 1 new AR along with a complete set of spare parts (bcg, ect). And now you need at least a few thousand rounds of ammo per gun. This rabbit hole will get you in the poorhouse pretty quick.

Let’s be honest. If people were just buying the ammo they really needed and had a reasonable stash that they accumulated over a normal period of time, we wouldn’t have any ammo shortage right now. It’s in short supply because people have six lifetimes worth of ammo stacking up in the back of their closets :). I’m going to apologize, because I was one of those guys back then.

It would be more cost effective and better long term to invest in political influence. but I understand I fell in line like a good lemming last time and wasted a shit ton of money.

If your government suddenly states that they want to tax you on each mag or worse. They'll have a paper trail to every purchase! Hope you've all got a plan for that!
It sounds weird to explain this, but your government did this exact scenario once before, to ours.
Our reaction would likely be the same now as it was then.

Reactions: Delboy 71
It sounds weird to explain this, but your government did this exact scenario once before, to ours.
Our reaction would likely be the same now as it was then.
Well I sincerely hope you guys don't ever have to go down that road. Unfortunately the 'loony left' and the 'woke' will throw a lot of capital and support to the government. I just hope your NRA and the public will support you more than ours. Well I know you'll get a lot more than we ever did!!! We were sent down the swany, mainly because we weren't Olympics, or 'proper target' style shooters.
The politics mislead and the people swallowed it whole heartedly supporting the government and making us the bad guys! Yet there's more illegal firearms in the UK now than there's ever been.
We are only allowed semi-autos in .22, and they are now looking at those trying to find away to remove those. We'll be luck to end up with just bolt actions and muzzle loaders.
It has taken the latest ban for everyone to start to come together and even then there are still shooters who will throw everyone under the bus as long as it doesn't affect them.
We might be on the other side of the pond but you have our support 👍 we hope you get enough at home.

Well I sincerely hope you guys don't ever have to go down that road. Unfortunately the 'loony left' and the 'woke' will throw a lot of capital and support to the government. I just hope your NRA and the public will support you more than ours. Well I know you'll get a lot more than we ever did!!! We were sent down the swany, mainly because we weren't Olympics, or 'proper target' style shooters.
The politics mislead and the people swallowed it whole heartedly supporting the government and making us the bad guys! Yet there's more illegal firearms in the UK now than there's ever been.
We are only allowed semi-autos in .22, and they are now looking at those trying to find away to remove those. We'll be luck to end up with just bolt actions and muzzle loaders.
It has taken the latest ban for everyone to start to come together and even then there are still shooters who will throw everyone under the bus as long as it doesn't affect them.
We might be on the other side of the pond but you have our support 👍 we hope you get enough at home.
We call those people Fudds.

They aren’t dumb. They will come after ammo soon.

Guns are pretty much banned in DC.

They can do a lot of tax and harass and price raising without outright bans

anyone else find it funny the push to ban Lvl 4 armor so that you cant have body armor that will "stop the bullets used by cops in a hold up situation."
im not an expert but there is only one governmental body (maybe two) i know of that use bullets stopped by Lvl 4 but not 3+ and it isnt the police.

call me crazy but i tend to think that politicians are not as completely retarded as they seem to be. they just think we are.

Reactions: deersniper
Live ammo went short primarily due to new gun owners and panic buyers. Reloading supplies went next because all the new reloaders thought they could roll their own too and crushed the market. Add to theses scenarios shortages of workers in manufacturing and supplier plants and you now have cut production and materials. The local BPS had hundred of Pmags hanging on the rack and the only reason they'll sell out now is because of posts like the OPs. BTW, thermals are still on the shelves of the dealers. I just bought one two weeks ago with three more laying in the case. Not top of the line either as Im a poor. Take a day and ride to the local gun dealers in your area. I'll bet somebody has one laying around.
Stop pretending like you or anyone else can dictate the market. You have a naive and rudimentary understanding of economics and the history of this industry.

There has been a run on mags for a few weeks, We have seen in the past how long it takes to get back to normal stock levels. I made this thread as a reminder and a heads up for those here so they don't get caught with their dick in their hand later on.

If you are in a state about to pass more stringent gun laws, now is the time to buy.

Posts like yours come off selfish, like you have some right to supply and everyone should curb their purchasing so you can buy what you want at convenience.

Buy you cheap chicom thermals and be happy.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Jealous of all you that can still get 30 rounders. MD is stuck at 10 so I have a heck of a travel to find some. I would head to VA and stock up each Nations Gun Show, but COVID and their chit governor keeps that show from happening.
There are surrounding states you can get mags, Hell you can drive to DE and get them tax free.

MD has it better than most ban states, you can still possess them. Most others have to be pre-ban or outright prohibited. Don't complain the idiots in MD haven't figured it out yet.

I have a pretty good supply of items from the Barry years. I am just going to opine here as someone that filled up a storage unit with tens of thousands of dollars in shit I thought I needed.

Not likely to wear out any mag stash with ammo over $1/round. Primers are being hoarded by the ammo manufacturers-not the reloaders. When people start stockpiling ammo it has a domino effect. The ammo sellers are smart this time, they’re not gonna just run out. The prices are just going to go through the roof and massive profits will be made well before supply empties.

The retailers have learned a lot of lessons. As soon as you start buying a shit ton of magazines they will slap limits on them and the prices will go through the roof. Nobody’s gonna run out (at least not the experienced retailers) and miss out on an opportunity to cash in.

IMO building a massive stockpile of mags is not very useful. Having a decent number of extras is prudent but if you “buy in” (pardon the pun) to the reasoning used in this thread you need to apply it to every component in your rifle. That means for every 20 mags you get you need to buy 1 new AR along with a complete set of spare parts (bcg, ect). And now you need at least a few thousand rounds of ammo per gun. This rabbit hole will get you in the poorhouse pretty quick.

Let’s be honest. If people were just buying the ammo they really needed and had a reasonable stash that they accumulated over a normal period of time, we wouldn’t have any ammo shortage right now. It’s in short supply because people have six lifetimes worth of ammo stacking up in the back of their closets :). I’m going to apologize, because I was one of those guys back then.

It would be more cost effective and better long term to invest in political influence. but I understand I fell in line like a good lemming last time and wasted a shit ton of money.
Bullshit.

95% of gun owners have less than 1,000 rounds per caliber.

There are tens of millions of gun owners, and X amount of ammo is produced each year.

Of that, a large percentage is consumed by shooting.

For every person with a ammo fort, there are a thousand who aren't even shooting because they don't know when they can re-supply.

You people fail to understand the magnitude of scale and production. Its not complicated.

8+ Million new gun owners buying just 2 boxes of ammo will wipe out over a year of Factory ammo production. Primers, Brass, Bullets, Powder are all required.

800,000,000 new rounds of ammo don't just miracle themselves into existence, especially when existing demand was already high.

Please expound
its my understanding that LvL 3+ stops everything up to m855 including FMJ .308 and such.
Basically all your common threats.

LvL 4 does the same but also protects against AP rounds as well all the way up to 30-06.

Stealing this from @TheGerman from another thread since all the threat profiles i see on manufacturer websites are in .pdf

RMA.jpg

The ammo isn't gone because people want to plink at the range.

The magazines aren't gone because people want to have 3 of them for every gun.

The body armor isn't gone because people are worried about Antifa or a land invasion by China.

Its because we want to have a little left over in case we can't wait for shipping

Its because people want 7 for every gun

Haven't you watched flannel daddy? Looking cool is the most important part.
You can't look cool if you don't have plates and NODs.

• Haha
If you don't have at least 10 mags for every gun, you are fucking up. (Dead serious)

What kinda plebe reloads at the range?

Reactions: RTV
Stop pretending like you or anyone else can dictate the market. You have a naive and rudimentary understanding of economics and the history of this industry.

There has been a run on mags for a few weeks, We have seen in the past how long it takes to get back to normal stock levels. I made this thread as a reminder and a heads up for those here so they don't get caught with their dick in their hand later on.

If you are in a state about to pass more stringent gun laws, now is the time to buy.

Posts like yours come off selfish, like you have some right to supply and everyone should curb their purchasing so you can buy what you want at convenience.

Buy you cheap chicom thermals and be happy.
I don't have any intent to dictate anything. I can buy what's on the shelves in the stores around here. They are pretty bare of ammo and reloading supplies, but magazines aren't short at all. New gun laws, in Oklahoma? I not worrying about it. I shop as I can and buy what is either available or I can afford. I don't have anyone to impress with my stash or toys that have mortgage payments attached to them. That makes me happy.

This thread reminds me of a friend that like to mess with people on black friday. He runs to random things not on sale and exclaims loudly he can't believe the price. People usually rush over and start loading their carts up. He just walks away knowing it was never on sale in the first place.
The bundle deals on mags are the same prices they have been. 12 to 15 bucks for pmags. All the racks were full in the store I stopped into at lunch today.

And FWIW, every benchrest shooter I've shot with reloads at the range.

Bullshit.

95% of gun owners have less than 1,000 rounds per caliber.

There are tens of millions of gun owners, and X amount of ammo is produced each year.

Of that, a large percentage is consumed by shooting.

For every person with a ammo fort, there are a thousand who aren't even shooting because they don't know when they can re-supply.

You people fail to understand the magnitude of scale and production. Its not complicated.

8+ Million new gun owners buying just 2 boxes of ammo will wipe out over a year of Factory ammo production. Primers, Brass, Bullets, Powder are all required.

800,000,000 new rounds of ammo don't just miracle themselves into existence, especially when existing demand was already high.
Also Bullshit. (I’m actually not interested in rudely crapping on your post, but when in Rome I suppose :)) And you did not even interpret my post correctly. So feel free to disagree with my opinions but it’s foolish to call someone else’s point of view “bullshit“. Taking in multiple viewpoints is paramount to becoming a better person.

Lets just assume YOUR numbers are correct and 95% have under 1k rounds. Since there is about 120,000,000 gun owners that the government knows about, that puts 5% at about 6,000,000 ammo hoarding, armor buying, mag stashing guys (like me btw, I am an admitted former lemming). If 6,000,000 guys have accumulated just HALF of what I bought after Connecticut....hmm...hold on....carry the 3.....uhhh....that would be about 300 BILLION rounds. Now they need 100 mags? That’s a Billion Pmags ;). Used on a range they don’t wear out nearly as fast as suggested. I have gen 1s that are used monthly for over 10 years zero issues. 3 gun guys are obviously a different story

I completely understand the current reasoning and desire to prepare. I was just using my past experience to show you likely need a lot less than you think when it comes to some items. If your gonna buy 500 mags you really need a lot more guns. If your gonna buy a lot more guns you really need a lot more ammo. If your gonna shoot all that ammo your gonna need a lot more gun parts and smithing tools. The rabbit hole never ends but there are intelligent and reasonable ways to spread your dollars out and do it smarter. That was my point. But I also know we can be our own worst enemy in these times as well and a lot of shooters get taken advantage of. Alamo ammo is asking $180 for a 20 round box of .38 spl. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I work in a fairly large profession full of type As. I live in a well armed town. Every swinging dick around me is amassing an ammo stash that would make Tackleberry blush.

Norma alone (one of the smallest manufacturers) produces over 30 million rounds annually. One Lake City plant produces almost 1.5 billion rounds annually. Start adding in Hornady, Federal, Remington, Speer, ect we produce several billion rounds per year here in the USA and import hundreds of millions more. Plenty of room to add 10 million new shooters buying a few hundred rounds a month. But just 5% hoarding will put demand in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS quickly.

What’s going on now is definitely not just “8 million new shooters”.

I don't have any intent to dictate anything. I can buy what's on the shelves in the stores around here. They are pretty bare of ammo and reloading supplies, but magazines aren't short at all. New gun laws, in Oklahoma? I not worrying about it. I shop as I can and buy what is either available or I can afford. I don't have anyone to impress with my stash or toys that have mortgage payments attached to them. That makes me happy.

This thread reminds me of a friend that like to mess with people on black friday. He runs to random things not on sale and exclaims loudly he can't believe the price. People usually rush over and start loading their carts up. He just walks away knowing it was never on sale in the first place.
The bundle deals on mags are the same prices they have been. 12 to 15 bucks for pmags. All the racks were full in the store I stopped into at lunch today.

And FWIW, every benchrest shooter I've shot with reloads at the range.
No one is talking about Oklahoma you ignoramus. The fact that you are trying to make this about you just shows your narcissism.

You know there are 50+ other states and territories in this nation that have different laws?

If you had any knowledge of the subject you would see that desirable mags across the net are quickly going out of stock. Its already happening but you are too ignorant to realize it.

Also Bullshit. (I’m actually not interested in rudely crapping on your post, but when in Rome I suppose :)) And you did not even interpret my post correctly. So feel free to disagree with my opinions but it’s foolish to call someone else’s point of view “bullshit“. Taking in multiple viewpoints is paramount to becoming a better person.

Lets just assume YOUR numbers are correct and 95% have under 1k rounds. Since there is about 120,000,000 gun owners that the government knows about, that puts 5% at about 6,000,000 ammo hoarding, armor buying, mag stashing guys (like me btw, I am an admitted former lemming). If 6,000,000 guys have accumulated just HALF of what I bought after Connecticut....hmm...hold on....carry the 3.....uhhh....that would be about 300 BILLION rounds. Now they need 100 mags? That’s a Billion Pmags ;). Used on a range they don’t wear out nearly as fast as suggested. I have gen 1s that are used monthly for over 10 years zero issues. 3 gun guys are obviously a different story

I completely understand the current reasoning and desire to prepare. I was just using my past experience to show you likely need a lot less than you think when it comes to some items. If your gonna buy 500 mags you really need a lot more guns. If your gonna buy a lot more guns you really need a lot more ammo. If your gonna shoot all that ammo your gonna need a lot more gun parts and smithing tools. The rabbit hole never ends but there are intelligent and reasonable ways to spread your dollars out and do it smarter. That was my point. But I also know we can be our own worst enemy in these times as well and a lot of shooters get taken advantage of. Alamo ammo is asking $180 for a 20 round box of .38 spl. Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I work in a fairly large profession full of type As. I live in a well armed town. Every swinging dick around me is amassing an ammo stash that would make Tackleberry blush.

Norma alone (one of the smallest manufacturers) produces over 30 million rounds annually. One Lake City plant produces almost 1.5 billion rounds annually. Start adding in Hornady, Federal, Remington, Speer, ect we produce several billion rounds per year here in the USA and import hundreds of millions more. Plenty of room to add 10 million new shooters buying a few hundred rounds a month. But just 5% hoarding will put demand in the HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS quickly.

What’s going on now is definitely not just “8 million new shooters”.
You are missing the main point, which is not surprising. Your post is pure bullshit.

There will always be more ammo, componets ect for resupply. Production is offset by consumption. Alot of production goes to government contracts AND overseas.

You have the senior management of ammo companies telling you exactly why there is a shortage but you know better? check yo self

Your math is way off. your assumptions are way off. There is only a small fraction of ammo availible at any given time for shooters. Most only buy what they need when they need it, because its usually on the shelf. If 25% of all gun owners decide to buy ammo at same time, there is nothing left.

In a Mag ban, you are stuck with what you have for the rest of your life (unless you want to become a felon and lose all right to owning firearms).

Imagine if someone told you that you could never buy another pair of underwear for the rest of your life. What you have now is all you get.

Mags are consumables and do not last forever. Want to be stuck with the handful of shitty mags you have now for not only YOUR life, but your kids and grandkids?

If they ban the mags you’re going to be a felon for keeping them anyways. You have to be pretty audacious to assume they’re going to grandfather you in.

And once again your post is bullshit too :)

try not to be so crabby. I just like calling it bullshit to see you get more riled up

If they ban the mags you’re going to be a felon for keeping them anyways. You have to be pretty audacious to assume they’re going to grandfather you in.

And once again your post is bullshit too :)

try not to be so crabby. I just like calling it bullshit to see you get more riled up
Most states have grandfather clauses including those being proposed.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good time.

PMAGs are shit for long term storage use, but then again you would have to have the intelligence to actually read and process the post to understand that.
Mags are consumables and do not last forever. Want to be stuck with the handful of shitty mags you have now for not only YOUR life, but your kids and grandkids?
What part didn't I understand?

I'm wondering how long before one of the usual mouthbreathers calls you a 'fuckin' commie' for writing good sense....

I wouldn't be surprised if the retailers have shill accounts on here and cry wolf just to get the lemmings all running to the stores and online with their credit cards out to stock up before the 'great reset'....

I'm wondering how long before one of the usual mouthbreathers calls you a 'fuckin' commie' for writing good sense....

I wouldn't be surprised if the retailers have shill accounts on here and cry wolf just to get the lemmings all running to the stores and online with their credit cards out to stock up before the 'great reset'....

Yes because commies don’t and haven’t been banning guns and gun stuff.

And yeah they haven’t been taking about a “great reset “ a lot

Ok.gif

Dont worry deer when these idiots are single loading their AR15's in 20 years we will be the ones laughing at them at the range.

Maybe if we are feeling generous, we call sell them a Pmag for $1,000.

I bet if the internet was around in 1985 there would be guys saying buy every machine gun you can under $1,000 and the same type of mouthbreathers would be like "you don't need more than one" or "who could afford all that ammo".

Reactions: RTV and deersniper
This did remind me to buy magazines for a new rifle when I read it. It seems that last week the metal AR10 20 round mags were made of unobtainium. Got a couple of 10's and a couple more Magpuls. Now I just need to get parts for a new upper.

This did remind me to buy magazines for a new rifle when I read it. It seems that last week the metal AR10 20 round mags were made of unobtainium. Got a couple of 10's and a couple more Magpuls. Now I just need to get parts for a new upper.
DSG lets you backorder the D&H 20's for $16-20 depending on if you have .mil discount.

They are the cheapest if you need to stock up. Otherwise the Lancer 20's are hard to beat at $35 a pop. Larue and KAC which are the best push $70-110.

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
Botach has 20rd Okay Surefeeds in stock for $12/ea. Seen lots of recommendations for them here, so I picked up a bunch of 30’s.

Just bought a pile of PMAG and dh 556 20 rounders. The most useful mag
Ive been buying USGI 20 rounders off gunbroker for last year or so. Just bought another 9 this week for $160. Less than $20 a piece for OG mags.

Been trying to tell people forever the 20's are where it is at. Most don't listen. In a few years when they are all dried up and going for $50+ people will wish they listened. All that old millsurp shit is drying up and cloners want it.

I learned the hard way running vesicle ops in Iraq with a M16 and M4. Being able to not only throw an extra mag or two in your pocket but being able to maneuver around tight spaces without getting hung up is important. We lost 3 guys who burned up in a humvee because they got trapped. Not saying it was the mags but the less shit you have to snag the better when your need to move fast.

Botach has 20rd Okay Surefeeds in stock for $12/ea. Seen lots of recommendations for them here, so I picked up a bunch of 30’s.
Great mags but Botach is shit. You may never get them.

Last edited:
I learned the hard way running vesicle ops in Iraq with a M16 and M4. Being able to not only throw an extra mag or two in your pocket but being able to maneuver around tight spaces without getting hung up is important. We lost 3 guys who burned up in a humvee because they got trapped. Not saying it was the mags but the less shit you have to snag the better when your need to move fast.

I did the same thing. 20 rounder was always the 1st mag in my weapon.

Our DMR's had 20 magazines too because the 30's were too Long to use with a bipod.

The Magshack has Okay mags,,,I bought 10 Magpul CZ Scorpion mags for $17 each
they have a shit ton of everything

@CrabsandFootball

i am curious.
obviously mags are like ammo and you can never have "too much"

but what is the point at which you have enough mags that you are not worried for a ban?

and at what point would you say would be the minimum number of mags you should have?

No one is talking about Oklahoma you ignoramus. The fact that you are trying to make this about you just shows your narcissism.

You know there are 50+ other states and territories in this nation that have different laws?

If you had any knowledge of the subject you would see that desirable mags across the net are quickly going out of stock. Its already happening but you are too ignorant to realize it.
The only bullshit i see spewing is coming from you. The fact that mags remain available is on you. You're a chicken little and are trying to reign everyone. in. Dude, face facts, your full of shit and the only reason that mags will go short is becuase youve started a post that says they will. You're starting shit and don't understand what you're doing. Stop being an asshat and supplies will go in fine.

Holy shit I didn't know @CrabsandFootball was so famous he would single handedly cause a magazine shortage??? Damn bro, can I get your autograph??

The mag shortage started 6 months ago. I can go to my main purchasing site and watch the inventory go from 4,000 down to 0, just watching that number dive every time I hit refresh. This isn't new, and it isn't because of some dude named Crabs on one internet forum.

I feel that no fewer than 150 loaded magazines per fighting rifle would be appropriate.

@CrabsandFootball

i am curious.
obviously mags are like ammo and you can never have "too much"

but what is the point at which you have enough mags that you are not worried for a ban?

and at what point would you say would be the minimum number of mags you should have?
Depends on gun but pistols atleast 20, most rifles atleast 20 and universal stuff like AR mags and all their flavors atleast 200.

Mp5 mags like AR, cant really have enough.