• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magnification whores, check this out

I ordered one off of Liberty Optics; I'm shocked at the great price I paid. LRM reticle.
Thanks Scott

Reactions: lash
Have been ogling this one a bit and its a hell of an optic for the money and the reticles are not to shabby, not sure why you would want a 40x in FFP scope ,why folks at Sightron couldn't first release something smaller maybe 24x like their previous attempt. 40x is a bit off puting as i know i will never use it.

Have been ogling this one a bit and its a hell of an optic for the money and the reticles are not to shabby, not sure why you would want a 40x in FFP scope ,why folks at Sightron couldn't first release something smaller maybe 24x like their previous attempt. 40x is a bit off puting as i know i will never use it.
They have a 5-30 in the works. They claim it will be ready for release by the fall of this year, though they still haven't been able to produce the FFP SIII PLR in 6-24 (they assured me that they will be coming).
Regrettable, as they have good products.
The ELR guys would like the 40X and 40 mils of adjustment.

I had one of the prototype SVSS 4.5-24x56 ED on loan for a while before they came on the shelves and i was optically really nice, but turrets were kinda basic and the reticle left a lot to be desired. A 5-30x if its a bit more compact with an MH-6 reticle would be something i would definitely look at .

Reactions: Earnhardt
Mine arrived on Saturday (thanks Scott). I plan to get it mounted at test it this weekend out to 1250. Out of the box I am very impressed! The glass seems awesome at any power including 40x. The turrets have a nice click but there is a little more "play" in them that I am used to on S&B, Kahales, ATACR etc. I will mount it in the rings that came with it, but sounds like the height may be an issue for some. They should be beefy enough for my 300wm that is a range only rifle. Heftier rings may be a must for a rifle used in more intense activities e.g. PRS Comp, Hunting, etc.

I have taken the scope out to 1 mile several times and there's no question on glass quilt it's amazing. The field of view is great. Throws me off when I go back to my bushnelle xrs3. Yes the turret click sounds are outstanding but there is slop but don't bother us for the type of shooting we do. The rings are holding strong and no issue with them but I will say if it was my rig ( it's my dad's rifle and scope) I would of got the American rifle company m-brace 1 piece mount. It's in a 300 win mag holds zero.

Sightron SV Mounted on my rifle with ARC rings
IMG_2391.jpg

I was able to get to the range today to zero the scope and shoot a little bit.
I am rarely surprised by many things these days, but this scope caught me off guard.

The scope is clear, bright, and seems on par with any other scope that I own (S&B, Khales, ATACR). Of course there was mirage at higher power, but on 40x at 1250yds it was fantastic.

Turrets have nice firm clicks and sound. The factory rings seem fine and an ok height for my setup. The zero stop is probably the easiest that I've ever had. LRM reticle is nice for long range work.

It is a little hefty and big, but for for the range shooting that I do it will be a great setup.

A couple of other range buddies looked through it at different ranges and power settings... and they seemed to think it is a nice scope too.

Heck, I'm already thinking that I might need another one lol. Sell a scope to get another one of these.

Interesting note* with the NF 40MOA base I have 35 mils of up after a 100yd zero 🤯. Takes about 10mils to get me to 1250.

I'm hoping sightron expands on this scope and line hopefully fixing the slop in turret. Maybe adding some reticles. I like the lrm for long range

Reactions: Pinmaster
I was able to get to the range today to zero the scope and shoot a little bit.
I am rarely surprised by many things these days, but this scope caught me off guard.

The scope is clear, bright, and seems on par with any other scope that I own (S&B, Khales, ATACR). Of course there was mirage at higher power, but on 40x at 1250yds it was fantastic.

Turrets have nice firm clicks and sound. The factory rings seem fine and an ok height for my setup. The zero stop is probably the easiest that I've ever had. LRM reticle is nice for long range work.

It is a little hefty and big, but for for the range shooting that I do it will be a great setup.

A couple of other range buddies looked through it at different ranges and power settings... and they seemed to think it is a nice scope too.

Heck, I'm already thinking that I might need another one lol. Sell a scope to get another one of these.

Interesting note* with the NF 40MOA base I have 35 mils of up after a 100yd zero 🤯. Takes about 10mils to get me to 1250.

Are you still in love with the SVIII or any new observations? I love my Bushy XRS II, but the extra 10x is tempting. Maybe it's time to give the Sightron a rip. I am a for sure mag hoar.

Are you still in love with the SVIII or any new observations? I love my Bushy XRS II, but the extra 10x is tempting. Maybe it's time to give the Sightron a rip. I am a for sure mag hoar.
That’s whore…😁😁

I hope that you do get one so that I can drool on it, er, I mean look through it.

you guys wood not know what to dew if i had grammatically coherent mess ages. hoars everywhere

• Haha
Great scope we had one for a bit only reason my dad got rid of it was it was really big and first scope that was that big and shooting long range. But it was amazing in glass department I didn't compare side by side but based off of memory I would say pretty close to razor gen 3. But bushnell xrs3 is no slouch either and I would say the sightron is neck and neck with the better glass towards sightron but the bigger bell really helps.

Reactions: atepointer
Great scope we had one for a bit only reason my dad got rid of it was it was really big and first scope that was that big and shooting long range. But it was amazing in glass department I didn't compare side by side but based off of memory I would say pretty close to razor gen 3. But bushnell xrs3 is no slouch either and I would say the sightron is neck and neck with the better glass towards sightron but the bigger bell really helps.
Appreciate the heads up I'll be scanning for summer sales and peeking in the PX now and again. Still love my XRS II not like I'm unhappy with it, but to increase my mag by 33% wouldn't suck for the right opportunity.

Since this is a thread about magnification and the whores who chase it, (I am unabashedly one of those), DEON has introduced the most powerful riflescope on the planet, the Majesta. It's an 8-80X56 with Super ED lenses, and a wide-angle eyepiece, among other features. It is an SFP design and it will do quite well in F-class (boo, hiss), benchrest and various other disciplines.

I'm a little confused about the combo "magnification whores", since usually whores are the ones who get paid, but in this case, we are the ones paying (dearly) for the magnification.

Last edited:
I'm a little confused about the combo "magnification whores", since usually whores are the ones who get paid, but in this case, we are the ones paying (dearly) for the magnification.
because “Magnification Johns” just doesn’t have that, je ne sais pas, ring to it d’accord bro?

Reactions: lash and Denys
Thinking about this, the way that the phrase magnification whores makes sense is this: whore can mean hooker, but whore can also mean a chick (usually) who is promiscuous.

In this case it is a man (usually) who keeps having lots of promiscuous metaphorical sex with lots of scopes (via buying them). He is the whore. The scopes, they are effing him his pocketbook (lol).

And this man, he is not into asses or boobs, no no!

This man is into big juicy bouncy pneumatic MAGNIFICATION melons baby! Ooo la la!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lash and Denys
Glad to hear this will be used primarily at 1mil/2k. Shopping now
After having had my SVIII for over a month and half a dozen range sessions I'll chime in and say I'm thrilled with the purchase. It's a big lug for sure, but I go from parking lot with a cart to a bench so no matter to me. The clarity is so good I leave it on 40x most of the time until the FL soup mirage shows up and then I back off to ~ 35 and it's just beautiful and crisp. Tracking is spot on the money and the factory rings from Contessa are great. Mated up to a Mirage ULR 50MOA custom rail for Bighorn Origin SA and it's exceeded all my expectations.

Last edited:
I like them better than the Vortex Razor Gen 3 clarity is way better. They're budget priced tier 1 level scopes. I was wanting to buy another March but decided to try the Sightron SVIII and ended up with several.

Reactions: FL370 and lash