• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magnification whores, check this out

This scope is very impressive glass wise one look and I was sad about my xrs3 haha

Good to hear - my XRS3 went back to Bushy. I'm waiting for the new XTR3 to come out - stealing scopes from my rimfires in the meantime :D

I can't get my head around the weight of the Sightron - otherwise would be interested in taking a look.

Good to hear - my XRS3 went back to Bushy. I'm waiting for the new XTR3 to come out - stealing scopes from my rimfires in the meantime :D

I can't get my head around the weight of the Sightron - otherwise would be interested in taking a look.
A new xtr3? It is very heavy and huge

What type of shooting do you do?
Predominantly at 1 mile and 2k, but as of the last month the range has put up a 6" swinging target at 800 which is a real hoot so a bit in there too. All 6.5, same load, same rifle same everything each trip. Amateur hour just having fun.

Dan is a long range bench shooter.
He's been concentrating shooting to mostly 1 mile and beyond with the 6.5 Creed and doing a great job.

Dan if you want my opinion, I'd say the Sightron would be the ticket for you since position shooting is a no-go.
Sightron glass is usually really nice and like Lash pointed out, their warranty is really good.
I bought two of their scopes used and didn't bat an eye about warranty coverage.
Ok great I was going to go on last night when I text you but I fell asleep like a bear dang did I sleep well. As you know I love my XRS 2 so this Sightron is a want not a need. A 33% mag increase plus no more holds at 2k and overall glass quality at least as good? Hmmm....not seeing any downsides other than the $ which I'm going to wait a bit on anyway, but this is definitely on the radar. Thanks coach

Nice that's pretty much what me and my dad do shooting to 1 mile and able to shoot to 2100 yards. We have benches at range or can lay down. But no prs or anything crazy for me just for fun. One day maybe do a nlr hunter comp or the nightforce steel one
This sounds like my dad and I 2 weeks ago. Although neither of us can shoot prone we do what we can do and have a ton of fun. For 76 and not shooting in nearly a year he really did well. Especially with >>>this<<< idiot who was with him who didn't describe the H59 reticle and subsequent wind hold well which led to totally avoidable confusion.....it was a really funny face palm once we drew a picture.....great day. 22kyl and 6.5 out far.

Reactions: Schw15
This sounds like my dad and I 2 weeks ago. Although neither of us can shoot prone we do what we can do and have a ton of fun. For 76 and not shooting in nearly a year he really did well. Especially with >>>this<<< idiot who was with him who didn't describe the H59 reticle and subsequent wind hold well which led to totally avoidable confusion.....it was a really funny face palm once we drew a picture.....great day. 22kyl and 6.5 out far.
My dad don't shoot prone either since there is a bench haha I don't either much. But that's great at least you guys are out shooting and having fun. As to glass I have the xrs3 and that's better than the xrs2 and the sightron is better than the xrs3 so I think huge upgrade on glass

My dad don't shoot prone either since there is a bench haha I don't either much. But that's great at least you guys are out shooting and having fun. As to glass I have the xrs3 and that's better than the xrs2 and the sightron is better than the xrs3 so I think huge upgrade on glass
With my homemade cheek riser made out of furniture felt pads covered with adhesive backed felt all secured by packing tape in tow we give it hell....on the home made bench! Amateur hour at it's finest...the camaraderie is more important than the shooting I am so blessed to have a great regular group of hooligans to haze and harass. This dang thread is killing me all I did was take a peek in here and now......pretty sure the 40x will happen just going to keep eyes on PX and let is knaw at me for a bit. Sigh....you freaking purchasing mentors!

• Haha
Reactions: lash
With my homemade cheek riser made out of furniture felt pads covered with adhesive backed felt all secured by packing tape in tow we give it hell....on the home made bench! Amateur hour at it's finest...the camaraderie is more important than the shooting I am so blessed to have a great regular group of hooligans to haze and harass. This dang thread is killing me all I did was take a peek in here and now......pretty sure the 40x will happen just going to keep eyes on PX and let is knaw at me for a bit. Sigh....you freaking purchasing mentors!
Go-to libertyoptics.com they are on sale big time check the price out there might be worth it.

Screenshot_20210902-065143_Chrome.jpg

Jeez, we do love to spend other people's money here, don't we! :ROFLMAO:

Have to confess, I'm really, really tempted to pull the trigger on that Liberty Optics deal too. I love my 4.5-24 SV, and this SVIII looks like it should be as good or better, with a big helping of "extra sauce" added to it. :cool:

Got done at work early took another look threw scope. I believe it's clearer brighter and just a better picture and the xrs3 is no slouch at all. The turrets are better on sightron there louder and like the sound better than the xrs3.

Would you mind sharing why you sent the Bushy back?

Would you mind sharing why you sent the Bushy back?

I prefer the current XTR3 and already have 2 of them. Going to standardize across rifles once the new one is released. Did a little comparison in the Bushy thread last week when I got the scope. Cut to the chase, basically FOV and reticle were the differences for me, IQ was the same.

Jeez, we do love to spend other people's money here, don't we! :ROFLMAO:

Have to confess, I'm really, really tempted to pull the trigger on that Liberty Optics deal too. I love my 4.5-24 SV, and this SVIII looks like it should be as good or better, with a big helping of "extra sauce" added to it. :cool:
Ha yea well....I need some nudging and there are a few people who graciously donate their time to help burn up my $. Truth be known though I'd be stuck on my old glass not knowing what I was missing w/o some helps.....so it's welcome. Kind of like I forgot to address a mission critical component which is reticle thickness b/f moving forward.

Thanks for the mentions, as always, fellas.

I will share that the customer feedback on these scopes so far has been phenomenal. We love happy customers.

I do not know how long the sale on these will last, but best of all, these are in stock and ready to ship, unlike most things in my world right now.

Do your research, no sales pressure from me. But I do politely urge you take a closer look at these, sooner than later, while we can save you $800 over the original price.

Best,

Scott

Reactions: Stan73
Got done at work early took another look threw scope. I believe it's clearer brighter and just a better picture and the xrs3 is no slouch at all. The turrets are better on sightron there louder and like the sound better than the xrs3.
Do you have any “slop/mushyness” in your turrets?

Has anyone set theirs up with a 50MOA+ rail yet and done some tracking tests? I max out at 2k steel where I shoot and right now I typically dial 30.xx and hold a whole number of 2-3 depending on where my .x mil ends up. XRS2 tracks beuatifully up to that point. I'd love the extra mag of the Sightron, love the ability to not do any elevation hold at 2k and then being able to drop the tree reticle is my 3rd bonus for shooting at any distance I like the LRM design. I know the answer to 2 of 3....thanks to anyone who has dialed theirs out near the full travel and has input.

Has anyone set theirs up with a 50MOA+ rail yet and done some tracking tests? I max out at 2k steel where I shoot and right now I typically dial 30.xx and hold a whole number of 2-3 depending on where my .x mil ends up. XRS2 tracks beuatifully up to that point. I'd love the extra mag of the Sightron, love the ability to not do any elevation hold at 2k and then being able to drop the tree reticle is my 3rd bonus for shooting at any distance I like the LRM design. I know the answer to 2 of 3....thanks to anyone who has dialed theirs out near the full travel and has input.
I would love to help but my dad's rifle won't be ready til February. I might throw it on my rifle to see but holidays not much time

Finally got around to shoot a match with the Sightron. Everything I said in my review still stands. Great scope, amazing glass, great reticle, tracking on point! It’s staying on my match rifle until I finish my ELR build.

What mount did you decide on to run with yours?

Reactions: AMTGMC
Spuhr 20MOA mount and that, combined with a 20MOA base, left me with 24mrads of elevation travel which is exactly where I wanted it to keep it near the optical center.
We are going to give the rings a shot then maybe go to the arc m-brace.

Reactions: Tony6БР
Decided on the the arc m brace. I was able to zero the rifle at 100 today. In the next couple weeks I'll be able to take it to the long range. So far I'm happy with the scope, turrets and the mount.

Attachments

• PXL_20220129_190744521.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220129_190744521.MP.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Tony6БР
A quick update. My dad finally got his action so yesterday I put the rifle together and hopefully shoot it today. But I played more with the scope mounting it and zero stop ect. I really like the turret as far as sound and clicks but once you set zero stop it seems like there is more slop in turret not terrible but it's there. It's not enough to mess you up with wrong line. Zero stop is simple but not a fan of it actually had it slip so redid it and worked fine. The rings that came with it will work but not a fan of them once I mounted them and played with them I think we will replace them later on. I actually counted 45.5 mils in the scope turret from top to bottom pretty impressive. Also bought a 40 mm scope bubble and it covers up your focus so put it on wind side. I think the scope is great glass and overall good idea turrets are amazing but I'm glad I kept my bushnell xrs3.

Last edited:
Reactions: rhsc
I received my Sightron SVIII from Doug at Cameralandny this week (Thanks for a great deal). I compared it to my other optics which included NF Atacr 7x35, Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5x27 and Gen 2 Cronus. For the first comparison I set every scope at approximately 27 power. I know when judging optics much is subjective but to my eye the NF and Sightron were a cut above.
I then adjusted to 35 power for NF and Sightron. The glass on both are fantastic and I could not see much difference at all and feel it would come down to personal preference. Both have a very forgiving eye box and are clear edge to edge even a max mag range.
The turrets on the NF are better. The Sightron turrets are not bad but NF are better. The parallax adjustment is also smoother on the NF.
Rings that come with scope are very tall and do not look like they belong with such a beefy scope but there are other 40mm options out there.
For $ I do not feel there is anything out there that will touch it optically.
I hope this with the other reviews on this thread help some of you out that are considering this optic

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sticking with the rings or buying another set? We have the rings on no issues so far but I personally don't like them
Im going to give them a fair shake and see how they do. I just dont like the look of a large gap between the optic and barrel.

Im going to give them a fair shake and see how they do. I just dont like the look of a large gap between the optic and barrel.
Yes it does. We are planning on taking it out to 1 mile plus in a week or so to see how it does. But glass has been very impressive so far

Yes it does. We are planning on taking it out to 1 mile plus in a week or so to see how it does. But glass has been very impressive so far
Keeping tabs on this so please update as you get more time behind the Sightron. I'm keeping my eyes peeled on the PX for the non-tree reticle flavor this darn thread has me distracted on a conference call. OP you suck for starting this thread! When is the next best sale event...Memorial Day?

Last edited:
Reactions: lash