• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Bipod

I'd love to hear some real use feedback. I want to know if the Magpul is a real contender, or if I should just cut the shit and buy a Atlas.
i-wDn8MBC-XL.jpg

i-tTBRCG8-XL.jpg

For the price it's hard to argue though every one will have personal preferences that will be a potential deal breaker. It's a little taller than the Atlas V8 or Harris 6-9" so for bench shooting it can be a little tall without the 45* leg position. Legs deploy faster than and Atlas, legs extend faster than the Atlas or Harris IMO. I like the swivel/pan tension knob protrusion as it makes it a functional barricade stop.

There is an Arca version. I am curious as to the flex. The podmod on my harris flexes when its loaded perfect. I would switch to the magpul if it flexes a bit.

There is an Arca version. I am curious as to the flex. The podmod on my harris flexes when its loaded perfect. I would switch to the magpul if it flexes a bit.
I clamped the Magpul in the vice and tested the loading flex. There is a moderate spring effect similar to my Harris. (y)

Do you have the podmod on the Harris. My issues with the harris is that it doesnt flex near as much and will skitter. Then you add the podmods and it flexes perfect.

Do you have the podmod on the Harris. My issues with the harris is that it doesnt flex near as much and will skitter. Then you add the podmods and it flexes perfect.
I'm not familiar with the podmod?

I have a HBRMS w/ LaRue QD mount w/ standard stock rubber feet. I shoot off a bench with carpet for loading traction.
The Magpul Bipod legs do accept all Atlas pattern bipod replaceable feet.

Are there similar drop tests for the Harris and Atlas? I wouldn't expect any of the three to pass that test with the legs extended.

I agree that test would have likely hurt Harris and Atlas as much or more so is hardly fair on the Magpul

Are there similar drop tests for the Harris and Atlas? I wouldn't expect any of the three to pass that test with the legs extended.
This is not a knock on Magpul as I think it's a step in the right direction (similar to Harris deployment but shape of Atlas) However, in my experience with Atlas and Harris, both would have been fine from a 3 foot drop even with legs extended.

Also I hope most of us would have good control of rifle to prevent completely dropping a rifle mid deployment. The Magpul may not be the best option if absolute 100% rugged durability/reliability is needed for field use because we'll it's plastic...

But I think a 3' drop onto concrete is pretty unlikely overall. I want to get one to try in normal use conditions.

You realize that was a 3' drop onto carpet right? Actually a carpet on another carpet with an AR. I have seen atlas bipods get absolutely hammered for years and not fail like that. I really like Magpul and their products, but I am not buying this bipod.

Anybody can break anything.

For the price point it's a good deal...….. maybe not for clumsy and abusive types.

Reactions: Mooncake
I'm gonna wait for version 2.0 when they replace the button w/ metal.

It looks like Magpul just needs to figure out a break away button that will let it collapse and then re-extend without shearing the button.

The fact that Magpul has gone through several revisions of their magazines leads me to believe it will get fixed.

After that you'll have to come up with more creative ways to hate on it.

I bet they'd send you a new button if it ever happens or you could get a set of spares. The design could be intentional engineering to prevent damage to the mounting base.

If I ever drop my rifle in similar fashion I'd be more worried about the optics.

Reactions: Bart
If I ever drop my rifle in similar fashion I'd be more worried about the optics.

Yes. If you're ever unfortunate (or dumb) enough to have your rifle fall that far to the ground, your bipod is likely one of the last things to worry about. In fact, I'd rather the bipod fail and absorb some of the impact.

I never put much stock in torture test nonsense because I take care of shit. If you're not going to bubba it up then it's a non issue.

"But what if I need to bury my pistol in wet sand for a day..." *blows raspberry*

Kind of a dead horse thing but it has been 2 years. What is everyone's opinion now?

Just a little too flopsy for me. I tried a couple and have moved on. For the price, I think Harris is still better. Lots of cool ideas on the Magpul just needs some refinement.

my neighbor has one on his Bergara. its "ok". my bitch was its like skyscraper tall.. I had to stack bags to get it leveled out for 100yd zero shooting

I have one. I bought the A.R.M.S. 17 s style. I used the ADM mount off my Atlas since I switched it to a aca mount. It is handy for AR's, my ruger precision rimfire and anything else with a pic rail. No where close to my Atlas or Harris but handy to throw around on other stuff.

Now that I have a scope worthy of a bipod (instead for unmagnified red dots and circles), I'm going to snag one soon.