• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Dynamics SPR & PR#1 Orlando, FL March 2012

post_tensioned

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Magpul Dynamics SPR/DMR and Precision Rifle 1 are coming to Orlando, (DeLand) FL in March 2012!

The dates will be as follows:

SPR/ DMR March 1-3, 2012

Precision Rifle #1 March 4-7, 2012

For those of you not familiar with the classes:

SPR/ DMR (3 Days)
http://www.magpuldynamics.com/special-purpose-designated-marksman-rifle.html

PR#1 (4 Days)
http://www.magpuldynamics.com/precision-rifle-1.html

To register for the classes, click on the link below and fill out the student application and send it in to the address provided on the form.
Once you send it in, they should contact you about reserving your spot with a $200.00 deposit. The balance for tuition will be due 30 days prior to the courses.

http://www.magpuldynamics.com/assets/files/MD_StudentApplicationForm.pdf

The classes will be held at the Volusia Gun and Hunt Club.
http://www.volusiacountygunandhuntclub.com/

Please note - separate from the cost of the courses there will be range fee's due by each student upon arriving at class the first day. Range fee's for the SPR class will be $60 for non-members and $30 for members, for the PR#1 Class it will be $80 for non-members and $40 for members.

Some quick area info:
The range is located about 45min North of Orlando off SR44 between DeLand and New Symrna Beach.

Recommended hotel:
Holiday Inn Express Orange City
1330 Saxon Boulevard
Orange City, FL 32763
(386) 917-0004

Of course there are tons of places to stay here.

Feel free to contact me if you need more specific info about the courses, range or the area.

Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Re: Magpul Dynamics SPR & PR#1 Orlando, FL March 2012

I spoke with the instructor Caylen this morning and he will be reducing the class size to 12 students each class. I think this is great since the standard Magpul class size of 18-25 people would be way too crowded for this type of curriculum. Consequently, I wanted to give everyone on here a heads up if you were waiting to sign up, since there are only a few spots left and I didn't want anyone who's interested to miss out.

Already signed up for the course but will like to know what's going to be the max range distance expected on the course?

This blows!
This is the first Magpul course that I have heard of Caylen instructing down in Florida.
I was planning on attending either SPR or the LR Precision class, however I am going to be overseas during the course dates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This blows!
This is the first Magpul course that I have heard of Caylen instructing down in Florida.
I was planning on attending either SPR or the LR Precision class, however I am going to be overseas during the course dates. </div></div>

Dude that sucks! I was hoping you could make it.

If you'd like; I'll be more than happy to shoot your REPR during the class - you know - so it was like you were there
grin.gif
. Seriously, though, I hope to have this be an annual event - so you will able to come out in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titom110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Already signed up for the course but will like to know what's going to be the max range distance expected on the course? </div></div>

PR#1 will be 1000 yds. SPR will be to 600 to 700.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: post_tensioned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This blows!
I was planning on attending either SPR or the LR Precision class, however I am going to be overseas during the course dates. </div></div>

If you'd like; I'll be more than happy to shoot your REPR during the class - you know - so it was like you were there
grin.gif
. Seriously, though, I hope to have this be an annual event - so you will able to come out in the future. </div></div>

Thats good to hear about you guys establishing a annual course with Caylen.

You guys should have a great time in Jan.

Im picking up REPR's "little" brother on Nov. 21

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: post_tensioned</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This blows!

grin.gif
. Seriously, though, I hope to have this be an annual event - so you will able to come out in the future. </div></div>

Thats good to hear about you guys establishing a annual course with Caylen.

You guys should have a great time in Jan.

Im picking up REPR's "little" brother on Nov. 21 </div></div>

Awesome, I can't wait to see it. You've only been waiting; what a year now? If you can, come out to CFDCC at Volusia in December so you can show it off.

Tried to sign up today and the Precision Rifle Course is full............
frown.gif

Are you planning a yearly course with Magpul? If so, when is the next course scheduled, please?

The plan is to make it a yearly thing.

Make sure you get on the waiting list for the class though. There is always some turnover.

Also, consider signing up for the SPR/DMR class - since I believe there is still space left. Caylen will teach alot of the same fundamentals of marksmanship, range/ wind estimation, shooting positions, etc.

Ok, we are a little less than 2 months away. The PR#1 Class is full, but we still have a couple of spots left for the SPR/DMR class.

Don't miss out on an opportunity to get this extraordinary training. It will be awhile before they will be back on this side of the country.

Read reviews of the class from this thread:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2540309

Very excited - my brigade is sending a soldier from each of it's combat arms battalions to attend the California classes in April and I got selected to go from my BN to attend the SPR/DMR course. My unit wants me to bring an M16A4 with an ACOG, but I'd like to bring my personal M1A with a 10x Leupold Mk 4 M3 as its more or less what I'd deploy with (M14 w/ SAGE stock, but my personal M1A doesn't have a SAGE as it's illegal in CA) and it would provide me with more realistic training - however the website advises to bring a 1-5x optic; would the Leupold be too much optic for the course?

You guys are gonna love this. Caylen is a great instructor, and a helluva good guy.

There won't be any problems bringing your Leupold. The website gear list is in place for the specific reason of providing the new shooter, or the shooter who is moving from a carbine platform into an SPR platform, with a reccomended optic to fulfill the role of the SPR in a multitude of situations.

Looking forward to shooting with you.

Cheers

Man, I have OCS on March 4th, there anyway we can work around it?

Already signed up for class, need info on payment procedures. Trying to contact Magpul with no luck.

Caylen,
I am signed up for the SPR class in San Diego in April. If I may ask what would you recommend in reference to a "SPR" setup for that class? I am considerng useing my AR with a 1-4x for the class. Would this work or would I be better off with soemthign else? Really looking forward to this class since I am also signed up for the PR1 class.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Caylen W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There won't be any problems bringing your Leupold. The website gear list is in place for the specific reason of providing the new shooter, or the shooter who is moving from a carbine platform into an SPR platform, with a reccomended optic to fulfill the role of the SPR in a multitude of situations.

Looking forward to shooting with you.

Cheers </div></div>

Does anyone know how to get in contact with either Caylen or Magpul. I been trying and no luck

Also tried contacting Magpul and left message but nobody answers or call back.

To let you know I spoke with Andrew at Cheytac.com about a class around the same time frame. Earlier today I contacted him about a class date for the first weekend of March. Being stationed in Germany and coming home for leave does not leave me a lot of time to get everything I want done....let me know if that helps you any

Guys the SPR course still has slots open. Please email me your names and I'll get you on the roster. I'm not sure why you haven't been called back, but I will ensure this gets taken care of.

Email is in signature line.

Cheers

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.....I will be at the PR1 class in March....ammo has been delivered and leave paperwork has been filled out!

See you guys down there!

Same here ammo is all pilled up and waiting, Looking forward to the PR 1 class

Just wondering what you guys are running for ammo?

I was able to sign my dad up for the class so there will be a father-son team there! 800 rounds of FGMM 175 SMK was almost too heavy to lift......got a good deal at least! Are we going to get some additional info closer to the course start date?

I'm running 175gr as well from PSA for both classes. Nothing like seeing 1000 rds of it sitting in your office!

As far as additional info, I know an itinerary was sent out for the SPR class the other day, one should be forth coming for the PR#1 class. If you have any other questions beyond what's on there, feel free shoot me a PM.

Wow, it sure be nice to get in on this action... I hope more like this happens in the orlando area... I will be going overseas but maybe next year I can attend
wink.gif