• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro 700 Chassis

Looks like the ugly old mccree g7 chassis with the overly large front.
[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Magpul\u00c3\u0082\u00c2\u00ae Pro 700","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"457","width":"783","src":"https:\/\/www.magpul.com\/Files\/Files\/Images\/Products\/ButtStocks\/MAG802\/Variant_MAG802_BLK_1.png?format=jpg&width=1200&height=700"}[/IMG2]
c70517eba1f0644bef1946212ed2ad45.jpg

Reactions: Bender
The stock has a very nice, and not apparent focus on adjustability that has a direct impact on marksmanship and how you set up the rifle. This stock is highly adaptable.

You have a 3 position butt plate, up - down - angle, you have adjustable LOP, everything is reversible for left hand or right, the hinge can be swapped out for a fixed stock. The front is m-lok and you can remove the end cap, slide in a NV Bridge, as well the barrel channel is very wide.

The Pistol grip moves for finger placement on the trigger, and small, so for kids, you are not gonna find a better fit.

The cheekpiece is left or right handed, and has 3 positions forward or backwards.

All these things a lot of other stocks fall short on, when it comes to setting the rifle for the shooter, this stock does.

It's very solid and well made.

_0000_MAG802.png
_0001_MAG802_FDE_1.png

Reactions: MJF and Dirty D
Almost had me interested due to the adjustment in order to start a kid. But I can cut up about 3 stocks as they grow for that price, and not be out as much if they don't like it...

Did you not read anything about it before posting? It does a lot more and for $300 less.

I can read pretty fucking well. That's how I can tell the only thing it does the W3 won't is have the grip slide back and forth a little. BFD.

Folder or fixed: W3 does that
Cheekpiece flips over for lefties: W3 does that
Cheekpiece adjusts fore and aft: W3 does that
Cant, height, length adjustable buttplate: W3 does that
All sorts of ways to hang shit from it: W3 does that too

It does have a cheaper price, I'll give it that

I think it looks pretty good. Please tell me it doesn't have a level in the stock :rolleyes:

I can read pretty fucking well. That's how I can tell the only thing it does the W3 won't is have the grip slide back and forth a little. BFD.

Folder or fixed: W3 does that
Cheekpiece flips over for lefties: W3 does that
Cheekpiece adjusts fore and aft: W3 does that
Cant, height, length adjustable buttplate: W3 does that
All sorts of ways to hang shit from it: W3 does that too

It does have a cheaper price, I'll give it that

So you literally answered your own question - it does everything for $300 less (plus its ambi so lefties can put the dremmel away). Also - having the grip move will be a BFD for many shooters.

What is the shortest LOP? Would it be good for a seven year old?

The folding hinge looks like it would bother some right handed shooters. Always nice to have more chassis options on the market though.

Attachments

• photo87173.jpg
    photo87173.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 240
The folding hinge looks like it would bother some right handed shooters. Always nice to have more chassis options on the market though.

I was looking at that. Could just be the angle giving that illusion. Would be very annoying if the hinge chaffed the top of the thumb of those with larger hands.

I was at Magpul today and saw it in person, really nice

Will make a real post with everything

Sorry Frank, I saw your FB post about this a couple minutes after I posted the thread. If you want to erase it and start your own with better info please do so. Don't mean to pee in your Cherios.

The chassis has a lot of options for the price but I do agree, the aesthetics aren't that great. Still tho, Id take function over form any day.

Any word if they'll ever make a stock for savage

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I can clearly see the discoloration of the back of his thumb from contact with the hinge.
WTF Magpul? Design a thumb ledge and put a hinge in the way of it?
Maybe you should not have manlets be the fit testers for your R&D.
Ummm... it was stated hinge reverses. I assume that means you can just switch the hinge to the other side if it bothers you, no?

Ummm... it was stated hinge reverses. I assume that means you can just switch the hinge to the other side if it bothers you, no?

I believe that is the case but then you lose the biggest selling point for me which is the right folding aspect of it. That is the only thing that has me considering upgrading my AIAT with the AX rear half for $1K+ right now.

I know, I know, function over form... but the aesthetic appeal is not there for me, and for $1k it needs to be. For the same price you can get a beautiful MPA or the new XLR Envy with all the options ticked... or for a little bit more you can get the W3 or even one of the cheaper Cadex options. Chassis market has a lot of great options right now and I'm very surprised that Magpul is trying to put this at 1k.

I 100% agree the $1k price tag and poor aesthetics are a bit of a turn off. But Magpul stuff never sells for their full retail cost, unless you have to be the first to have it and buy direct. Most places sell Magpul products at least 10-20% off retail, and often times with an additional discount during the big holiday sales. Hell, I've seen the Hunter 700s for $180. So say this comes in at a street cost around $700-$800 when you get a good deal. Then it starts to look like a damn good value.

All my rifles are Tikkas....so my money goes to KRG regardless...

This chassis is 100% reversible to fit both lefthanded and right handed rifles, the hinge is also replaceable to create a fixed stock

There is a ton of function and aesthetically it's not much different from what else is out there. In person, it looks pretty good.

I bet once guys start throwing paint on these it will look very good and be less money for more adjustability

I believe that is the case but then you lose the biggest selling point for me which is the right folding aspect of it. That is the only thing that has me considering upgrading my AIAT with the AX rear half for $1K+ right now.
My take is the right folding buttstock is to a chassis as glass is to top teir scopes. It gets the most talk and attention even though it's the most trivial aspect to differentiate between each.

To each their own though. It's your money, spend it on whatever is important to you.

What I do think guys are missing in their focus on astectics and whether it bites your thumb is the subtle innovation. Who offers a reversible hinge currently and why the hell not? Who offers a moveable pistol grip? Why not? And another truely vertical grip option building on MPA's innovation.

Maybe this product isn't a win for you. A look at the bigger pitcher though and we may all benefit in the long run from these innovations.

The right folding stock allows you to leave your bolt in place, fold, the stock, and throw it in a bag or case.

With the left folding stock you pretty much have to remove the bolt to throw it in a bag or case while folded unless you have a 10" deep case.

Reactions: demolitionman
The right folding stock allows you to leave your bolt in place, fold, the stock, and throw it in a bag or case.

With the left folding stock you pretty much have to remove the bolt to throw it in a bag or case while folded unless you have a 10" deep case.
It does? What happens if I don't remove the bolt?

I can’t help but think it looks like a Krg W3 and MPA got drunk one night 9 months later this arrived.

When you look at setting up a rifle, especially for a new shooter, this stock does stuff others are not doing.

First off, remember it is completely reversible, out of the box everything can be switched to the other side.

Hand Placement - The grip moves forward or backward, I have been asking about this for ages. Tom Manners and I spoke about this feature and to date, nobody has addressed it. Ashbury on the Saber chassis has some movement in the grip, not as much as this stock. Think of kids, or women, or just people with smaller (Or bigger) hands. Hand placement is key to good fundamentals. Plus, two grip choices.

Cheek Placement - The cheekpiece is also reversible but also can be moved forward or backward. Consider any stock with an adjustable cheekpiece. This one has 3 positions to move it.

LOP - Adjustable, but also the butt plate is 3 Position. Another feature I have been asking for. Every day someone cries canting of the rifle, which bubble level do I buy (at about $150) why are we not adjusting the butt plate on these stocks and chassis. Up for prone, down for positional, left or right for an angle in your shoulder pocket to eliminate canting. Instead of fixing this correctly everyone wants to stare at a bubble distracting them from the firing task, or what most do: they line up the shot, check level, go about 3 or 4 other decisions before shooting only to subconsciously cant the rifle when they stopped looking at the level. Comfort in the shoulder pocket eliminates canting, levels do not.

This all leads to better marksmanship. Look at Olympic Rifles, they are beyond adjustable for the shooter and position. Instead, we keep doing the same old thing ignoring marksmanship and focusing on colors or widgets, everything but the shooting part. A level in the stock is not a marksmanship tool. The create a ton of Aluminum chips but nobody is making an actual adjustable stock that works. Not saying this solves everything, but it's a bigger step than a lot of the more expensive stocks on the market.

The NV Bridge slides in the front to a dovetail, then screws in which helps the LE crowd. As noted, $999 is MSRP vs Street, sure it's not super tacticool like some other chassis, but it's very functional.

If street price is anything like discount on Hunter, will probably be in the $800 range once the new wears off.

Right...but I have no intention of buying the chassis. I just want the grip.

Since the grip is adjustable fore and aft, pretty sure it doesn't fit other platforms. You'll have to ask Magpul for sure but I'd bet it's proprietary.

5.4 lbs kinda on the heavy side compare to W3 fix at 3.8 lbs / folder at 4.1 lbs

It does? What happens if I don't remove the bolt?

It requires the case to be 1.5" deeper.
I have to remove the bolt from my LH folding 2013 AX308 when I fold the stock and drop it in my case.
I could leave the bolt in and fold the stock over it if mine were a 2014 with RH folding stock.

What about this is it you don't get?

Nothing like only having two grips to choose from. Would be so much better if it took ar grips.