• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro 700 Chassis

Nothing like only having two grips to choose from. Would be so much better if it took ar grips.

WHAT?!?! AR grips are the single biggest downfall on most current model chassis system (MPA and KRG are a couple of exceptions). Have you tried a true vertical grip? I still haven't found anyone who doesn't prefer them when they try them.

This was one of the features I was happiest to see from this chassis - it would've been very easy for them to utilize an AR grip and a modified PRS stock, but they definitely went a few steps further

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
WHAT?!?! AR grips are the single biggest downfall on most current model chassis system (MPA and KRG are a couple of exceptions). Have you tried a true vertical grip? I still haven't found anyone who doesn't prefer them when they try them.

This was one of the features I was happiest to see from this chassis - it would've been very easy for them to utilize an AR grip and a modified PRS stock, but they definitely went a few steps further

You can get a vertical ar grip. And no I haven't tried a vertical grip, and even if I did I wouldn't have one on my rifle. They went more than a few steps backwards by only offering 2 grips.

It requires the case to be 1.5" deeper.
I have to remove the bolt from my LH folding 2013 AX308 when I fold the stock and drop it in my case.
I could leave the bolt in and fold the stock over it if mine were a 2014 with RH folding stock.

What about this is it you don't get?

Well... it just so happens I have a 2013 AX as well. Do you have a Rzr genII on yours too? Maybe we can best friends...

Jokes aside, I get your point. A right folding stock eliminates the bolt sticking out. Great...

Now my point, are your scope turrets thinner than your AX? Mine aren't. If you consider scope turrets how much width are you actually saving in theory with right folding?

I bet it's closer to .25", maybe .5" at most depending on which scope you use?

You can get a vertical ar grip. And no I haven't tried a vertical grip, and even if I did I wouldn't have one on my rifle. They went more than a few steps backwards by only offering 2 grips.

First, you really should try it - it's a much more natural and comfortable angle, therefore a more accurate grip.

2nd, I'm not aware of any AR grips that have a 7 degree angle. The most vertical I've seen is 17 degrees, but if you know of one, please let me know - I'd like to switch.

Reactions: MarinePMI
First, you really should try it - it's a much more natural and comfortable angle, therefore a more accurate grip.

2nd, I'm not aware of any AR grips that have a 7 degree angle. The most vertical I've seen is 17 degrees, but if you know of one, please let me know - I'd like to switch.

MPA enhanced vertical grip. While not specifically an AR grip (designed for the MPA chassis), the interface is standard A2.

Tango Down, Ergo Swift, and MPA. There's you 3 verticals to choose from. I've never shot with any of them but I have held a MPA BA Lite that had the enhanced vertical and I wasn't a fan of the grip although I loved the chassis.

Last edited:
Tango Down, Ergo Swift, and MPA. There's you 3 verticals to choose from. I've never shot with any of them but I have held a MPA BA Lite that had the enhanced vertical and I wasn't a fan of the grip although I loved the chassis.
I havent played with the tango down, but I dont like the idea of a pivot point in the grip - something to wear out and loosen, the ergo swift is nowhere near close, and ive nearly pulled the trigger on the MPA several times, but it always seems to be OOS when I check.

I understand. The grip is proprietary to to this chassis and will not work with other products.

That's unfortunate. I'm not a huge fan of the MPA grip but I wanted to try a true vertical grip on my new chassis (if it ever comes in).

Is there a demand for ambi bedding blocks? Are there right and left handed people out there sharing the same stock? Would that just be something for Magpul to keep manufacturing costs down or an actual enhancement for the shooter?

Is there a demand for ambi bedding blocks? Are there right and left handed people out there sharing the same stock? Would that just be something for Magpul to keep manufacturing costs down or an actual enhancement for the shooter?

An ambidextrous bedding block is one with the bolt handle cutout on both sides. Nothing more.

Reactions: hseII
An ambidextrous bedding block is one with the bolt handle cutout on both sides. Nothing more.
Yeah, I guess that’s why I’m confused as to why it’s a “feature” here. Why that’s advantageous over just having a right or left handed stock to fit you...

And, if it’s just to keep costs down from not having to produce both kinds of stocks...... we’re back at the price tag conversation.

And, if it’s just to keep costs down from not having to produce both kinds of stocks......
That's what it's all about: not having to tie up cash in slow moving inventory just to service left handed customers.

It probably cost more initially. The advantage to Magpul is they can release a full righty & lefty version at the same time. The advantage to the end user is you dont have to wait for a lefty to be released. I think it is a pretty cool thing, even if I never use it.

Reactions: Im2bent and hseII
It probably cost more initially
It probably cost them so little that it may as well be nothing.

The time it took to add the mirror feature in CAD and to add a few commands to the milling program was probably a couple of seconds, and the guy doing it is getting paid the same either way. The fixturing for the mill operation where they cut the bolt handle notch is the same no matter what. And the added time to move the tool across the part and cut the second notch is probably less than a minute.

Smart move on their part.

Reactions: hseII and Vargmat
The grip adjustability seems to be the main new feature to this chassis over others in the market, KRG also has adjustable cant in the buttpad. I am glad to see they did not go with an AR style grip-nothing says "corners were cut in this design" like an AR grip and AR buffer tube for the stock on a chassis.

Looks like a pretty good setup, neat how they set up a QD cup for whichever side your bolt is not on as a way of only tooling up for one chassis for both RH and LH actions.

I still prefer not to have the stock extension pass over the web of my hand, but most chassis are that way

At first I said no fucking way, but comparing it to the KRG Whiskey 3 folder...

It's cheaper

Your M-LOK slots are in the aluminum chassis, not just the in the polymer outer skins like the KRG. So your bipod attaches to the chassis and doesn't require a spigot mount to have a solid connection.

The polymer looks to have a better fit and finish.

It is more than a pound heavier, but it clearly has much more aluminum in it's construction.

I know, I know, function over form... but the aesthetic appeal is not there for me, and for $1k it needs to be. For the same price you can get a beautiful MPA or the new XLR Envy with all the options ticked... or for a little bit more you can get the W3 or even one of the cheaper Cadex options. Chassis market has a lot of great options right now and I'm very surprised that Magpul is trying to put this at 1k.

Maybe it's just me, but those are two hideous chassis's. This is just to say that the aesthetics of something are completely subjective. I think both the W3 and Magpul are leaps and bounds, aesthetically, ahead of the others mentioned.

Maybe it's just me, but those are two hideous chassis's. This is just to say that the aesthetics of something are completely subjective. I think both the W3 and Magpul are leaps and bounds, aesthetically, ahead of the others mentioned.

You you said, aesthetics are purely subjective, but I think you are in the minority if you think the MPA and XLR chassis' are hideous and that the Magpul chassis is "leaps and bounds, aesthetically, ahead of the others".

My Beretta 686 Sporting is pretty. My KRG 180-xrays are not. They are functional and ergonomic, but they are not pretty.

Brownells is taking pre-order at $854, 10% coupon MDW get it down to $769, and activejunky currently has 7% cashback get the final down to $715.

Reactions: ZEROGUY
It probably cost them so little that it may as well be nothing.

The time it took to add the mirror feature in CAD and to add a few commands to the milling program was probably a couple of seconds, and the guy doing it is getting paid the same either way. The fixturing for the mill operation where they cut the bolt handle notch is the same no matter what. And the added time to move the tool across the part and cut the second notch is probably less than a minute.

Smart move on their part.

Speaking as a left handed shooter living in a right handed world, biggest advantage to this chassis is resale. Trying to sell LH stuff to a smaller market of buyers always makes me think twice before making a purchase I’ll have a hard time selling later (it doesn’t help that I’m also in Canada, where the market is significantly smaller to begin with).

The chassis doesn’t look better or worst than most out there. I like the Cadex or W3 for looks, but budget says this one is worth a shot.

Speaking as a left handed shooter living in a right handed world, biggest advantage to this chassis is resale. Trying to sell LH stuff to a smaller market of buyers always makes me think twice before making a purchase I’ll have a hard time selling later (it doesn’t help that I’m also in Canada, where the market is significantly smaller to begin with).

The chassis doesn’t look better or worst than most out there. I like the Cadex or W3 for looks, but budget says this one is worth a shot.
This is pretty sexy tho.
AF3062D7-B185-44A0-A9D8-255D7CA5EE76.jpeg

Anyone have a link to the recoil lug slot specs? I didn’t see anything about it on the magpul page.

I want this for a TL3, but looking to make sure it will drop in.

It requires the case to be 1.5" deeper.
I have to remove the bolt from my LH folding 2013 AX308 when I fold the stock and drop it in my case.
I could leave the bolt in and fold the stock over it if mine were a 2014 with RH folding stock.

What about this is it you don't get?

Totally serious question. Is this purely a creature comfort or is there a need to be able to put it in a case or bag faster and already have the bolt in it when you take it out?

Always been a stock user. So I pull the bolt when I put it in the case. So, just asking if there is a functional reason for a folder or is it just a convenience thing?

Also, has anyone seen the fixed stock on pre order?

They all fold out of the box and come with a fixed adapter plate if you choose to use it.

So they decided not to offer the non folding for about $100 less like they stated in most of the release videos?

So they decided not to offer the non folding for about $100 less like they stated in most of the release videos?
I just re watched and I apologize. He doesn’t say it’s in the box, but that you can use the non folder block if you don’t want it to fold. So it’s still up in the air.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Mine was not delivered in a box, they just handed it to me

Any idea when they are hoping to start shipping? I have a TL3 due in a week or two, ta couple more weeks needed to barrel spin up, then I have some choices to make. Either wait in magpul, or maybe get a bravo as a placeholder until.

Totally serious question. Is this purely a creature comfort or is there a need to be able to put it in a case or bag faster and already have the bolt in it when you take it out?

Always been a stock user. So I pull the bolt when I put it in the case. So, just asking if there is a functional reason for a folder or is it just a convenience thing?

Also, has anyone seen the fixed stock on pre order?

It's a little bit of a PITA to remove or install the bolt into my AI folder.
Can't reach the bolt release when it's folded all the way.
Cant get the bolt in or out when the stock is extended, comb is in the way.
Have to partially fold it (or unfold it) to install or remove the bolt.
Partially folded and supported on the bipod, mine has fallen over on a bench and my granite counter, which beats up the rifle and the counter top.
I order folders so they'll fit in my gun safe under the shelf AND they fit in shorter cases that fit in the trunk of my car.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
I generally love all-things MagPul (I just pre-ordered their new bi-pod), but I was unimpressed and disappointed with this stock when I handled it SHOT. The front end is too bulky and the chassis overall is a boat anchor relative to its competition. While it has some really great features, its a poor industrial design that looks more like a prototype to implement those features.

Boat anchor compared to what? MPA is 5lbs and KRG folder is over 4lbs.

Boat anchor compared to what? MPA is 5lbs and KRG folder is over 4lbs.

To the XLR offerings, the MPA Lite, the new MPA Hybrid, etc. Sorry, but 5.4 lb pounds this late in the game, with a lot of weight in forend is lame. Magpul can and should do better.

You’re comparing a regular weight chassis to chassis designed for people who prefer a lite......

You’re comparing a regular weight chassis to chassis designed for people who prefer a lite......
Not to nitpick, but its about 25% heavier than the Whiskey 3 folder... thats not exactly nothing, and the W3 isnt a "lite" version of a chassis.

Not to nitpick, but its about 25% heavier than the Whiskey 3 folder... thats not exactly nothing, and the W3 isnt a "lite" version of a chassis.

And about the same as the regular MPA, and a pound lighter than JAE. It’s also about the same as some AI stocks.

My point is you can’t pick compare it to stocks/chassis specifically designed as light models.

You also can’t pick the lightest weight stock/chassis in the lineup it actually competes with either. You have to look at it in an overall picture.

They made a chassis that has the most user adjustable features to date and it’s coming in either average or slightly about average weight in the class is directly competes with.

I have no issue with someone saying “damn, I wish they would have entered the lite category first.” But to say it’s not up to par because you obviously prefer a lite whilst many out there do not is not fair. Magpul isn’t exactly new to the business and likely did market study and decided the class they would like to enter first.

(I actually prefer lite models, but I’m not letting my personal bias interfere with being objective about the class of chassis this competes with)

Last edited:
And about the same as the regular MPA, and a pound lighter than JAE. It’s also about the same as some AI stocks.

My point is you can’t pick compare it to stocks/chassis specifically designed as light models.

You also can’t pick the lightest weight stock/chassis in the lineup it actually competes with either. You have to look at it in an overall picture.

They made a chassis that has the most user adjustable features to date and it’s coming in either average or slightly about average weight in the class is directly competes with.

I have no issue with someone saying “damn, I wish they would have entered the lite category first.” But to say it’s not up to par because you obviously prefer a lite whilst many out there do not is not fair. Magpul isn’t exactly new to the business and likely did market study and decided the class they would like to enter first.

(I actually prefer lite models, but I’m not letting my personal bias interfere with being objective about the class of chassis this competes with)
Um. I wasnt trying to argue with you... But I wasnt aware the W3 is KRG's "lite" model and the Magpul is 25% heavier, as the previous poster mentioned. I dont think your post really applies to these facts. Also, other than the left / right hand change, I think its been put to rest other stocks have all the same adjustments. *That being said* (I dont want to go tit for tat here): It seems like a good stock and I bet it sells very well because as someone else pointed out - considering what the street price will end up being, plus coupons you will be able to apply, plus cash back, this thing is going to be priced VERY competitively. Its pretty damn nice if sells for ~700 after you're done applying coupons and sales.

I didn't see where anyone stated the W3 is a "lite" version. What I stated is that it is not a fair comparison to compare the Magpul with the lightest or the heaviest stocks in the same class. Just as you said it is 25% lighter, I could say the magpul is also 25% lighter than a JAE chassis. Its very easy to point out major differences when the single example used is on the extreme end of a single feature.

You have to compare the average weight across the chassis systems in which it directly competes. The poster above you was attempting to compare the Magpul to systems intentionally designed to be lighter weight systems. He said it was a boat anchor compared to an MPA lite.......no shit, its not a
"Magpul Lite." This would be the equivalent to saying "well shit, my MTU barrel sucks because it's not as light as my sporter barrel."

You then put up the W3 as an single example (the W3 is in the same class as the Magpul) and failed to mention that it is equally as heavy as many other chassis and also lighter than many other chassis systems.

I'm merely pointing out that when compared to the overall weight of chassis in the same class, the Magpul is of average weight.

And as far as "put to rest," I have no clue where you are coming up with that. As the Magpul allows the user to configure their trigger finger "length of pull" by adjusting the distance of the grip from the trigger guard. This alone put it in an entirely new class of adjustability. So, It's not just the swapping of left/right (which is also a huge difference).

Just adding those two additions to the list of adjustments typically found on some other stocks currently puts the Magpul into a class of its own.

I didn't see where anyone stated the W3 is a "lite" version. What I stated is that it is not a fair comparison to compare the Magpul with the lightest or the heaviest stocks in the same class. Just as you said it is 25% lighter, I could say the magpul is also 25% lighter than a JAE chassis. Its very easy to point out major differences when the single example used is on the extreme end of a single feature.

You have to compare the average weight across the chassis systems in which it directly competes. The poster above you was attempting to compare the Magpul to systems intentionally designed to be lighter weight systems. He said it was a boat anchor compared to an MPA lite.......no shit, its not a
"Magpul Lite." This would be the equivalent to saying "well shit, my MTU barrel sucks because it's not as light as my sporter barrel."

You then put up the W3 as an single example (the W3 is in the same class as the Magpul) and failed to mention that it is equally as heavy as many other chassis and also lighter than many other chassis systems.

I'm merely pointing out that when compared to the overall weight of chassis in the same class, the Magpul is of average weight.

And as far as "put to rest," I have no clue where you are coming up with that. As the Magpul allows the user to configure their trigger finger "length of pull" by adjusting the distance of the grip from the trigger guard. This alone put it in an entirely new class of adjustability. So, It's not just the swapping of left/right (which is also a huge difference).

Just adding those two additions to the list of adjustments typically found on some other stocks currently puts the Magpul into a class of its own.
Lol. Then disagree with the initial poster, who mentioned W3s and you disagreed with. If you want to define one the trigger adjustment as a "whole new class", thats ok with me but I wont be saying that. I think, by and large, this chassis has the same adjustments as the other higher end chassis systems.

I have no dog in this fight, but I presume Magpul will pick up market share because the street price after sales and discounts for these features will end up 700-750. I think this will be a lot more important to how many of these move than the fact you can adjust the grip.

Lol. Then disagree with the initial poster, who mentioned W3s and you disagreed with. If you want to define one the trigger adjustment as a "whole new class", thats ok with me but I wont be saying that. I think, by and large, this chassis has the same adjustments as the other higher end chassis systems.

I have no dog in this fight, but I presume Magpul will pick up market share because the street price after sales and discounts for these features will end up 700-750. I think this will be a lot more important to how many of these move than the fact you can adjust the grip.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You're the one who brought up the W3. That poster mentioned the XLR and MPA lite/hybrid chassis.

I disagree with them because they used examples of lite chassis.

I disagree with you because you picked out the lightest weight chassis in the same class and failed to mention the average and heavier weight chassis.

You can pick up MPA chassis for the same price range as the Magpul. And you can get them in standard weight and lightweight. So the reason to go with the magpul is going to be the left/right ability and/or the grip adjustment.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. You're the one who brought up the W3. That poster mentioned the XLR and MPA lite/hybrid chassis.

I disagree with them because they used examples of lite chassis.

I disagree with you because you picked out the lightest weight chassis in the same class and failed to mention the average and heavier weight chassis.

You can pick up MPA chassis for the same price range as the Magpul. And you can get them in standard weight and lightweight. So the reason to go with the magpul is going to be the left/right ability and/or the grip adjustment.
MPA is 1050, someone already posted the Magpul for ~750 all in, and it hasn't even hit shelves yet.

Is the MPA BA 750 someplace?

And you're right... You brought up the W3, not him. :rofl:

Brownells is taking pre-order at $854, 10% coupon MDW get it down to $769, and activejunky currently has 7% cashback get the final down to $715.

Thanks for this info! I’ve been waiting for the stock to hit the market to purchase for a build this summer/fall, so with your info. I just pre-ordered it through Brownells and signed up with activejunky.

Anyone have any inside word on whether they will be offering this for other actions, specifically Howa?