• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro 700 Chassis

I wonder if they have any plans to release a .22 version for a trainer.

Hopefully at a much lower price.

Magpul says next month according comment from them I saw on FB. Optics planet (where mine is on pre-order) is saying 1-3 months on it.

Well... it just so happens I have a 2013 AX as well. Do you have a Rzr genII on yours too? Maybe we can best friends...

Jokes aside, I get your point. A right folding stock eliminates the bolt sticking out. Great...

Now my point, are your scope turrets thinner than your AX? Mine aren't. If you consider scope turrets how much width are you actually saving in theory with right folding?

I bet it's closer to .25", maybe .5" at most depending on which scope you use?

With my Minox ZP5, the AI bolt handle sticks out more than an inch father than the windage turret. It's enough that my foam lined hard case cannot close with the bolt in while it does close with the bolt removed. Personally I couldn't give a flying fuck whether a RH folder that allows the bolt be left in is important to you, its value is not lost on me nor is it lost on others.

That is correct, they have not shipped yet. Lowlight has one for testing, John at 8541 Tactical has one also, awaiting his review on it.
I knew Lowlight got his before they were released but when I 8541 Tactical with one I assumed they were out. I checked them out when they were introduced to the public but did not keep up on them.

Optic Planet's back-order timeline for the chassis has been updated as of this morning. Went from 1-3 months to showing 7-9 weeks now. Not sure if this is better or worse.

Good Morning, All!

Back in January, we announced that we’d be releasing our precision rifle chassis, the Magpul® Pro 700, sometime in 2018. We spent four years developing it, evolving it, and improving every aspect of its features and design…and we went through a lot of prototypes and testing in the process. We’re ready to release it (and its accessories) in some limited quantities and configurations, with full production really just beginning this week. That being said, we’re releasing most of our inventory we’ve built up to stores now and offering a limited number for sale on our website. We’ll continue to grow our production capability over the next couple months to meet the demand. I know the info is already out there on the Pro, but I’ve summarized what we have below. We’re also releasing the Magpul Pro NVM - Night Vision Mount(MAG1001) today as well. In the very near future, we’ll be offering the Pro 700 in a Fixed Stock version, the Magpul Pro 700 - Fixed Stock (MAG997). Other accessories that support the Pro 700 include the a Magpul Pro FHA - Folding Hinge Adapter (MAG999) and the Magpul Pro FSA - Fixed Stock Adapter (MAG998), both of which are also coming very. We’ve developed a landing page on our site dedicated to help educate customers on the features that we’ve engineered into the Pro 700 and the link is below.

We’re also just days from releasing the Magpul® Bipod with its three attachment options--M-LOK, 1913 Picatinny Rail, and A.R.M.S.®17S Style. After that will be the long-awaited release of the Hunter American Stock – Ruger American® Short Action and our full inventory of our Magpul Eyewear, which has been available in limited release since last month.

It’s going to be a busy August.

Magpul® Pro 700
The Magpul Pro 700 rifle chassis is an uncompromising, full featured precision rifle chassis for short action Remington® 700 actions and other Remington® 700 footprint actions. The Pro 700 combines innovative engineering, precision machining, Mil-Spec quality finishes, and an extensive list of purposeful design features with complete adjustability to provide demanding end users with the most comprehensive available precision rifle platform solution for true out of the box performance. Based on a full billet aluminum skeleton and clad in Magpul polymer for environmental comfort, noise mitigation, and ergonomics, the Pro 700 is also fully ambidextrous. Capable of fitting both right and left-handed actions with the simple swap of a bolt-cutout plate, and with a reversible cheek riser and reversible hinge on the folding version, “lefties” haven’t been “left out.”

Features
• Type III hard anodized 6061-T6 billet aluminum V-bedding block, body, adjustment knobs and forend with high strength injection molded polymer body covers optimally placed for comfort and aesthetics
• Ambidextrous bedding block can be changed by swapping the QD sling swivel plate and bolt retainer insert for left or right hand actions using a 1/8” hex wrench
• Folding stock with push-button activated durable cast 4140 steel hinge with Melonite® finish is reversible for left or right folding capability with the use of a 5/32” hex wrench. A fixed stock adapter is available for a non-folding stock solution
• Folding stock is also designed to avoid interference with the bolt handle when folded and is compatible with a large variety of aftermarket bolt knobs and handles• An NVD clip on mounting rail solution is available• Overall LOP adjustment range is 13.25” – 15.125”
• Butt pad height can be adjusted up 1.33” and down .90” and is adjustable left or right for a total of 5 degrees
• Comb height adjustment has a 1” range with a secondary locking knob to eliminate movement in the cheek riser
• Cheek riser features a 3-position fore/aft adjustment of +.375”, 0” and -.375” which can also be changed for left or right side usage using only a common hex wrench
• Injection molded polymer grip with 5 degree forward edge sweep and enlarged palm swell with 7 degree aft edge sweep for enhanced user comfort combined with a .75” fore/aft adjustment range using a common hex wrench
• Additional grip option included with a more aggressive sweep and enlarged palm swell for the shooter that is more inclined to a less vertical grip interface (8 degree forward / 20 degree aft edge sweep)
• Durable cast steel rotation limited QD sling swivel mounts with Melonite® finish fits up to 1.5” push button swivels
• M-LOK® slots for accessory mounting on the forend (left-6/right-6/bottom-7) and the stock (bottom-2)
• Integrated AICS pattern magazine well of reinforced polymer construction optimized for PMAG® 5 & PMAG® 10 7.62 AC™ magazines as well as most other AICS pattern short action magazines
• Large trigger guard allows for use with gloves and accepts most factory and aftermarket curved or flat triggers
• Low-profile, anti-snag ambidextrous magazine release is made of Melonite® treated steel for wear and corrosion resistance

Colors
BLK - FDE - ODG

MSRP: $999.95
MAG802 MAGPUL® PRO 700

I really like the options and the look of this. I was looking at the RPR 6.5 but i might spend the time and build off this. Anyone have any opinions on actions and barrel to put together a 6.5 creed?

Thanks Frank for the work you put into this product on all of our behalf!

I ordered yesterday based on your earlier walkthrough and am looking forward to it’s delivery. I currently have a Remington 700 Magpul edition that’s zeroed with a solid sub-MOA load. My last range trip was to shoot the SH 100y challenge for validation and the next range trip will be the same drill shot at the same range and from the same position, but using the new chassis. Looking forward to seeing and feeling the difference.

Reactions: bluesgt380
Finally received mine...

Attachments

• 71CD720E-9CB6-4784-8421-E288C8069480.jpeg
    71CD720E-9CB6-4784-8421-E288C8069480.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 397
  • B6BE4450-3497-4EEB-9B8E-B3BDE25803B9.jpeg
    B6BE4450-3497-4EEB-9B8E-B3BDE25803B9.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
I prefer the smaller straight grip. One thing I can say, you won’t have to worry about the barrel touching. It’s probably an 1/4” free below barrel. It’s more than their Hunter stock, IMO.

Attachments

• F3F06AF1-3F3F-4B15-9EBC-F75647B13DB6.jpeg
    F3F06AF1-3F3F-4B15-9EBC-F75647B13DB6.jpeg
    233.7 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: Hardpan and JayB
I prefer the smaller straight grip. One thing I can say, you won’t have to worry about the barrel touching. It’s probably an 1/4” free below barrel. It’s more than their Hunter stock, IMO.

Good to see these out in the wild! Did you order yours direct from magpul? Waiting on my order from optics planet to come through. Have had a FDE one on pre-order for over a month. Anyone else still waiting on one pre-ordered from a vendor?

I pre ordered through Brownells April 20th. Magpul released them last Thursday. Brownells shipped Friday. Received it yesterday.

I pre ordered through Brownells April 20th. Magpul released them last Thursday. Brownells shipped Friday. Received it yesterday.
Looks like black is in stock at Brownells, FDE and OD Green (the color I ordered) is still on backorder though.

Just installing and adjusting my Pro 700 (ordered direct). I've always thought Magpul makes decent stuff, though the fit and finish of this stock is at a different level. As nice as any other chassis I've handled. Really looking forward to it to the long range Tuesday.

Last edited:
Just installing and adjusting my Pro 700 (ordered direct). I've always though Magpul makes decent stuff, though the fit and finish of this stock is at a different level. As nice as any other chassis I've handled. Really looking forward to it to the long range Tuesday.

Post pics when you’re done??

Has anyone got one in FDE yet? Optics planet now saying 11-20 days to ship FDE model. Mine is still on pre-order with them, also waiting for the new bipod in FDE. I imagine they'll ship all once they have received the bipods.

The first 6 months waiting for parts for my build was easy. It's the last 2 weeks that have been trying my patience.

I picked one up in FDE from Midway for a great price. So far really stoked on fit and feel, coming from MPA LITE. Much easier to adjust, Lite was a pain in the ass to adjust with all the little Allen screws and no wheel adjustment. MPA BA Comp is similar, at a similar weight . Overall I feel like this a great chassis with a lot of adjustment done with no huge effort. It was this or Whiskey 3, but in a folder Whiskey 3 was a lot more money. For me the Magpul looked better, and cost less. YMMV

Reactions: hseII and Hardpan
Old thread, anyone out there have an action in one utilizing a Trigger Tech?
I'm thinking of a 737 in this or an Origin for a .223 shorty

Do you happen to notice any problems reference the action height over the bipod? Seems to ride high.
Not any more than others.
Bipod design has a great effect here.
A Harris is always going to be a bit more unstable because the apex of the triangle is below the chassis.
I really like mine, which is why I have two of them.

Old thread, anyone out there have an action in one utilizing a Trigger Tech?
I'm thinking of a 737 in this or an Origin for a .223 shorty
I have a Remington short action in one with a Trigger Tech special w/ bolt release and safety. No issues.

Great! thank you! Since paint may be involved, a think the FDE one would be the best base.