• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

magtech brass

caveman_tx

Private
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2008
tx panhandle
I've just started shooting 308 and will eventually (soon) begin reloading. The ONLY factory ammo I can find is Magtech, but have found a pretty good supply of it. Question is, does this brass do ok for reloading?

Re: magtech brass

I am interested in this too. I have a couple K of magtech 308 brass that I havn't loaded. I weighed the deprimed cases, and they were significantly heavier than winchester or remington cases ( I for got exactly how much , but I think it was close to 10 grains difference).
I attempted to section one, but my dremmel wheel broke off, and I ran out of time. My wife had other work for me to do!

Anybody else reload any magtech 308 brass?

i did 44.5 gr of varget behind a 155 amax showed promise...very minor signs of pressure on 3 out 100 cases, i seated to the lands but think i want to move the bullet back some, to see how that does...velocity i think is dead even with the Hornady palma match per my dope chart (dont have access to a chrono)

I generally pick up some of the 50 round 150 fmj boxes too when I go to cabelas (they have them on sale a lot for like $27 / 50 rounds). I've been reloading the cases with 44.5g varget with a 175g smk with decent results. Haven't noted any issues with the brass thus far (though I don't think I have anything with more than 4 or so reloadings).

only issue i have with this brass is the factory rounds bind my bolt when i fire them. I have put the calipers to a bunch of them and after about 60 rounds now i have a pretty wide range from 2.015 to 2.021

once trimmed, I think they would be fine.