• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Mak Tubegun 260WSSM

micke1454

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2008
Sweden
Mak Tubegun stainless 260WSSM krieger 22inch 8.5", S&B 12-50, atlas bipod , jewel, accushot monopod, SPUHR 6Mil

Re: Mak Tubegun 260WSSM

I shoot 139gr lapuas at 2900 with less than 1/3MOA accuracy at 100m .
they are supersonic at 1400M but only tested at 500M so far. Groups are about 1/2Moa at 500m.
so far its very promising. A bit tricky to fireform brass but not more than most other wildcats. winchester brass is very thick.

How do you like the tube gun feel? I'm not a huge fan of a bolt looking like an AR.

I definetly think the rifle should have a handgrip. The hand was built to grip like a pistol in my opinion and the amount of grips you can find fitting an AR gives you much more options than a fixed grip in a traditional stock.
The tubegun recoil is also very straight into your shoulder and the glue is a perfect bedding for you action. The only drawback is the sight height that some dislike. I do not bother about it since i shoot with a ASE Utra S7 silencer which gives away some heat and having the line of sight close to the silencer causes mirage.

Got ya. The stock I use is the McM A4 which has a vertical grip which fits a hand nicely. Not going to lie though I do like the for-end grip for the hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3379_cat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I definetly think the rifle should have a handgrip. The hand was built to grip like a pistol in my opinion and the amount of grips you can find fitting an AR gives you much more options than a fixed grip in a traditional stock.
The tubegun recoil is also very straight into your shoulder and the glue is a perfect bedding for you action. The only drawback is the sight height that some dislike. I do not bother about it since i shoot with a ASE Utra S7 silencer which gives away some heat and having the line of sight close to the silencer causes mirage. </div></div>

I have to agree, I've posted this question on here a few times and got very little response. For me personally, I like the AR style pistol grip over the European style drop down stock like Horndawg and tacshooter223 both show. Not that they aren't effective. You have to get used to the feel of them. When you don't have to get used to the feel of a rifle, it's gonna work well for you.

On a sidenote 3379_cat I want to warn you about the WSSM brass. Anneal carefully and you can get a fair amount of extra life out of these. Also, I recommend not pushing loads too hard. Good brass is hard to find for these. I've loaded for the .223, .243 and 25 WSSM's. I still load for the 25 as I felt it was the best of the bunch. I do feel the case needs a bigger bullet diameter. The ratio of caliber to case diameter is too high. It gets better as it goes up.

-good luck with this

I will agree on ergonomics. For position shooting I prefer the ar type grip ( from shooting high power service rifle) For the prone and bench work I do prefer the European style grip. Again as everyone said just a preference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will agree on ergonomics. For position shooting I prefer the ar type grip ( from shooting high power service rifle) For the prone and bench work I do prefer the European style grip. Again as everyone said just a preference.</div></div>

I definitely like yours 100% over the swept back style. That's what I have on my 7mm-08 that I was shooting out to one mile with at the beginning of August.

Its definetly a preference thing.The advantage of the AR-grip is the fact that you can modify your 10dollar grip with the dremel without bursting into tears when you discover that you made an error. Your 1000dollar A5 that is in pieces might be harder to accept. Magpul has also given the possibility to change most of the things with the MIAD grip. Angle can be fixed with simple modifications.

As long as you can get the finger distance to trigger changed to what fits you any stock will do fine. Im also a aluminium freak.

I also like the PRS stock a lot. Lots of settings can changed from factory with reliable and sturdy wheels. Given a nice impression.

Another political drawback about the AR style is that its politically incorrect on any other place than the range in Sweden. Hunting with a tubegun would not be welcomed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 3379_cat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its definetly a preference thing.The advantage of the AR-grip is the fact that you can modify your 10dollar grip with the dremel without bursting into tears when you discover that made an error. Your 1000dollar A5 that is in pieces might be harder to accept. Magpul has also given the possibility to change most of the things with MIAD grip. Angle can be fixed with simple modifications.

As long as you can get the finger distance to trigger changed to what fits you any stock will do fine. Im also a aluminium freak.

I also like the PRS stock a lot. Lots of settings can changed from factory with reliable and sturdy wheels. Given a nive impression.

Another political drawback or the AR style is that its politically incorrect on any other place than the range in sweden. Hunting with a tubegun would not be welcomed.

</div></div>

I know what you mean. Jim Zumbo got vilified here in the U.S. for saying AR's don't have a place in hunting camp. Boy was he wrong! Everybody here, I think went out and got an AR to go hunting with.

There are the purists. But an adequate rifle is an adequate rifle no matter how it's configured. I will venture to say that .260 WSSM can be loaded to take anything in North America except maybe brown bear in Alaska and no doubt anything in Sweden. That is a beautiful piece of work you have there.

tacshooter223,

I read my last post and thought maybe I wasn't clear. My stock on my 7mm-08 looks just like yours. It is made by Choate though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
tacshooter223,

I read my last post and thought maybe I wasn't clear. My stock on my 7mm-08 looks just like yours. It is made by Choate though. </div></div>
The stock I have in my signature is a choate haha. Manners should be here around Christmas.