• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

I'm with you DT1.....I'd like to know myself.

We are just going to bring a golf bag...and inside the golf bag will be the secondary and "The Pig" for dealing with this special target.

Well I am not going to to say exactly what the target is, but I will tell you this. A lot of points can be gained by this hitting the target but some can also be lost on it. It is the teams choice to shoot it or not. It is a target that any caliber or gun is capable of hitting and scoring. A heavy caliber has no advantage on the target. The shooter will be the most important factor for the target.

We will have stage descriptions up next weekend on the website.

A little over a week out. Hope y'all are more ready than I am!!!

Figure out what Rife I'm shooting.... Nope
Scope mounted on Rifle..... Nope
Ammo loaded......Nope
Rifle zeroed.... Nope
DOPE for rifle.... Nope

wait this sounds like the last match I went to

Wait....we actually have to shoot guns at this? I've just been marching around the neighborhood in shitty weather with a 40 pound pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wait....we actually have to shoot guns at this? I've just been marching around the neighborhood in shitty weather with a 40 pound pack. </div></div>

LOL... Sounds familiar! For me though, the "shitty weather" is *really* shitty. Here in the Peoples' Republic of Ann Arbor, I can't exactly march around with my Eberlestock GSII - so it's a big Jansport with 35-40lbs of water in it. I've been cheating a little last couple weeks, and it's been the treadmill at the gym... 10 minutes @ 3mph up a 15% grade, then 5 minutes at 3.5mph down a 3% grade.....back and forth for an hour.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Figure out what Rife I'm shooting.... Nope
Scope mounted on Rifle..... Nope
Ammo loaded......Nope
Rifle zeroed.... Nope
DOPE for rifle.... Nope

wait this sounds like the last match I went to
</div></div>

Ouch! I'd be trippin' if this were me! Thankfully, I've got a proven rifle, scope, load, and trajectory. Hope it does me some good.

Practice for event--none
Ammo ready --no
Walking,running --Ha,Haa Heee Heeeee

Guess I am as ready as any other match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Practice for event--none
Ammo ready --no
Walking,running --Ha,Haa Heee Heeeee

Guess I am as ready as any other match. </div></div>

John

I don't want to hear any excuses. I've seen two of the Lesters shoot on a few occasions. I wouldn't want to be on the recieving end a mile away!

Good Luck!!!

Show us how it's done!!!

Hey joe, Without giving too much away can u give an idea on round count for primary. I am trying to decide if I should order more brass before then. I have 135 ready for primary. U say max is 4 per target but I know that isnt every target. Do need 50 more?
Thanks
T

There are 47 primary targets and 32 secondary targets. There is a max of 4 shots per target. There is one secondary that can be engaged 10 times.

I doubt that primary will shoot 4 shots at every target. There are some easy targets and some harder ones. You have 8 minutes per stage for the primary and secondary to shoot.

I think you would be fine with 135 rounds but don't hold me to that if you start banging away and run out LOL.

Stage descriptions will be out on the website by Monday.

I believe I remember something about that. Came out okay though. Going to be a good shoot. Wish I could participate.

We have had 4 team slots open up over the last week. Four teams have dropped from the match. We were full at 50 teams and have 46 teams(92 shooters)at the moment. I contacted the teams on the wait list and they could not make it.

If anyone is interested please get with me ASAP.

I won't be on the computer much until the match is over. If competitors have any questions please email me at [email protected].

Stage descriptions and squad list will be posted on the website Monday.

Thanks
Joe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I seeing Cold Rain for next weekend? </div></div>
dont Jinx it. Sunny and 70!

Match descriptions are up. Looks fun, I am getting pumped up for this.

What, EXACTLY, is a "Electronic Device" that gets you a Automatic match disqualification ?

On the Red Barn: Sponsored by Nightforce stage, is there a Milling session before your on the clock or is Locating Milling and engaging the 14 targets all done in the 8 min ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What, EXACTLY, is a "Electronic Device" that gets you a Automatic match qualification ?

On the Red Barn: Sponsored by Nightforce stage, is there a Milling session before your on the clock or is Locating Milling and engaging the 14 targets all done in the 8 min ? </div></div>
I'm reading it as all ranging is done on the clock as part of your 8 minutes. As far as electronic devices I would assume anything that can be used to range but Joe will have to clarify that one.

I'm guessing it's a reference to wind/atmospheric meters and possibly ballistic calculators.
Hopefully, a generic calculator is still permitted. If not, go go mil-dot master.

I noticed in the stage descriptions that only 1 person is shooting at a time. Will we be able to spot our teammate with our rifle scope or are we limited to only spotting scopes?

It is snowing a little, windy and COLD.

It wont snow much. That is the remainder of a storm spinning around the great lakes... Its gonna be chilly so plan on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just spoke to Joe. He said it is snowing there. LOL.

Gonna be a fun time no matter what.

Mark </div></div>

Forecast for Friday/Sat/Sun looks much more forgiving
wink.gif

•7. Equipment - All Divisions
•7.1 Allowed equipment
&#9702;7.1.1 Competitor may bring equipment necessary to carry and use their firearms. This includes the firearm, sling, ammunition, magazines, data book, PDA and ruck sack.
&#9702;7.1.2 Competitor may bring optical spotting aids including scope, binoculars and spotting scope.
&#9702;7.1.3 Competitor may bring shooting supports including firearm-mounted bipod, tripod, shooting sticks, bean bags and sand socks.
&#9702;7.1.4 All equipment used by competitor must be carried on their person throughout every stage of the competition. Equipment cannot be changed after competitor takes their first shot except as provided in Rule 5.2.
•7.2 Prohibited Equipment
&#9702;7.2.1 Laser range finders will only be allowed to be used on certain stages. See each stage briefing for details of when they are allowed.
&#9702;7.2.2 Possession or use of a prohibited item may result in a stage or match disqualification

This should answer all the above questions. Straight from the rules on the website.

&#9702;7.1.1 Competitor may bring equipment necessary to carry and use their firearms. This includes the firearm, sling, ammunition, magazines, data book, PDA and ruck sack.

what is a non electronic PDA? ...abacus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">&#9702;7.1.1 Competitor may bring equipment necessary to carry and use their firearms. This includes the firearm, sling, ammunition, magazines, data book, PDA and ruck sack.

what is a non electronic PDA? ...abacus </div></div>
According to the rules a PDA is fine. Where does it say non electronic PDA? From reading the rules I would believe that is the only electronic device allowed.

bmarc I think he's talking about the redbarn stage where it says:

"This is an unknown distance stage and all target distances must be determined using field expedient methods. There will be no electronic equipment or range finders allowed on the stage. If a team is found with either one, they will be disqualified from the match."

Since I know a lot of guys use calculators on their phones or pda's for doing the math. This reads like that is not a option.

Does my mildot master qualify as "field expedient"?

The match site is a bit confusing. The rules say you can have PDAs < "electronic device" but the stage description says no to "electronic devices". Guess it will be cleared up shortly or we will all find out Friday morning.

PDA's are fine. Relax guys, the meaning of electronic devices in the stage descriptions means any electronic ranging devices.

Supposed to be nice for the weekend. However this is Ky. The bright side is the hikes between stages should warm us up.

Not worried about the small stuff, just looking forward to sending rounds down range, seeing some friends, making new ones, and having a great time. See you all there soon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1eyedjack1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not worried about the small stuff, just looking forward to sending rounds down range, seeing some friends, making new ones, and having a great time. See you all there soon </div></div>

Couldn't agree more. Gonna be a really fun time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1eyedjack1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not worried about the small stuff, just looking forward to sending rounds down range, seeing some friends, making new ones, and having a great time. See you all there soon </div></div>

You've hit the nail on the head! If you come with this attitude you'll not only have a great time, but probably do well.

Damn....... Tribe 1 is already full of questions. Wear me out ! Can we wear tennis shoes ?

you did not read the fine print tough man most wear flip flops and Hawaiian shirt

Well...almost done loading ammo! Good thing, too...leaving for KY in only a few hours!

I'm psyched and a bit nervous! Can't wait to see y'all there.

We should arrange a hang out/meet and greet for thursday evening!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...almost done loading ammo! Good thing, too...leaving for KY in only a few hours!

We should arrange a hang out/meet and greet for thursday evening! </div></div>

Most people just hang out at the lodge.

We will be there tomorrow afternoon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well...almost done loading ammo! Good thing, too...leaving for KY in only a few hours!

We should arrange a hang out/meet and greet for thursday evening! </div></div>

Most people just hang out at the lodge.

We will be there tomorrow afternoon. </div></div>

Do what you do best

What a difference a year makes !!!! This time last year the range officers were having to halt shooting to get the penguins in sweater vests off the range and this year skeeters about to pack us off.

good luck Honey Badgers!