• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

Awesome match. Joe has really listen to people and the match was fun and a great pleasure to shoot.

Had a blast. Was on a great squad. Fun stages and beautiful weather.
Results:

Sorry if not readable. Doing this on my cell phone.

how was the prize table this year?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sbfcolin2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how was the prize table this year? </div></div>

Very Good.

For instance 9th place walked away with a 50% off NF Gift Cert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
back to some real internet, all the pictures from the weekend are posted

http://smu.gs/z2Pj01 </div></div>

is that your AR10 with the razor?

There is nothing wrong with KY's Internet. They were just not turning the crank fast enough at the front desk.

Just wanted to clarify something for the ones that were not in attendance. The dinner was cancelled over 6 weeks ago and it was taken off the website match details page then, so it should have not been a surprise. No one should have been hungry at all since the lodge had a great buffet with plenty of food at a very reasonable price.

I want to thank everyone at the match for a great weekend. Everything ran on time most importantly there were no injuries.

A very personal thank you to my RO's for taking off an entire week to help with the match. You guys are the best.

To all the military teams that participated(16 teams) a huge thank you for everything you guys do.

Hope to see everyone at the next one.

Joe,
That was a solid, well run, well thought out match especially for the TM division. First time my body hurts more than my feelings after shooting one of Joe’s matches. The competitors were challenged, the sponsors were well represented, Castle Rock took care of us and the quality of competitor was amazing.
Thanks again to the Match Sponsors, Match director, R/Os and competitors.

This was a very fun match for sure. We were honored to support and participate in it and will continue to support this and other matches Joe hosts in the future.

Time management was key. If you had difficulty with range estimation (like we did on a couple stages) or positional shooting, your scores would suffer. Some great learning experiences for sure.

All the guys in Squad Three were amazing. Best quote of the match was on the Thunder Valley Short stage after Ben hit his last target but Jeremy didn't see it.

Jeremy - "You've still got that last plate."
Ben as he was already getting off the shooting platform to grab Jeremy's rifle - "I already got that while you were f#@&ing around." LOL. Everyone in the squad including the ROs was laughing.

The ROs did an outstanding job. I greatly appreciate there personal sacrifices to make this a fun, safe and smooth match.

Looking forward to the next match.

Mark

I had a great time, and fun match. Eyan, great job on your shooting, stick with it.

Great Match,

According to my Garmin we hiked about 18.5 miles over the three days.

I screwed up starting it one time, so that a close estimate.

Glad it didn't rain or snow, my knees and ankles are a bit sore. Nothing that some Ibuprofin can't fix up.

Great match!

Awesome Match!! Joe and the ROs were awesome, skilled, and very well disciplined.

I competed and finished the match!! I did not oversleep like some people...but was humbled by an awesome kid with a boom stick!!!

The restaurant had excellent food and the staff at Rock Castle took care of us with no complaints.

Much thanks to JP rifles and John Paul for shooting in our squad!!

The prize table was first notch.

Much thanks to all the sponsors and seeing old and new friends.

Way to go U.S. Army!!!

Wow where do I begin?

First I want to send out a huge thanks to all of the sponsors!! Thanks for making this match possible!! The prize table was awesome!!

I want to thank Joe for hosting an awesome match and for allowing my 12-year-old son to shoot the match. This weekend has made him a better shooter (like it has many others) and I really appreciate you giving him the opportunity! We had a blast!!

This was a great match the stages were very challenging and technical but an absolute blast to shoot!! The Rockcastle facility has some of the best shooting opportunities that I have seen!

Before I go any further I want to thank Techtoy_AL for the link to the awesome pictures you are quite the cameraman! I hope you do mind me putting a few of them in this post.

Next I want to send a huge thanks to these two guys....

ScottandHill.jpg

Scott and Hill are two of the best RO's I have had the pleasure to shoot with!!! They ran a safe, fair and well-organized match! I hope I am lucky enough to get to shoot with them in the future!! Thanks again gentlemen it was a pleasure!!

I also want to say thanks to everyone in Squad 1.....

Squad1onFR.jpg

While this picture did not capture everyone in the Squad I think it shows very well the way Squad 1 was. I had a great time getting to know everyone and made some new friends!! I also want to send a special thanks to everyone in Squad 1 (for that matter to all the shooters in the match) for making my little man feel welcome and like part of the team!! A special thanks to Miss Trina and the TN team for giving the huge piece of chocolate cake to Eyan on Saturday night!! Sugar highs are a great thing right before bedtime!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

As the days lead up to this match I kept telling Eyan that he had three goals for this match.
1. Be safe!
2. Have fun!
3. Learn!

I kept telling him to do those 3 things, not to worry about the scores and get out there and do what he has been working at!!

Well thanks to the selfless focus, awesome spotting skills and extreme patience of David Walker from Accurate Ordnance he was able to do exactly that!!! David only shot on one stage of this entire match! Do to the 8-minute time limit of each stage David chose to let Eyan use that time to shoot his targets so that he could learn from every stage.

A quick back-story for you guys…. A few days before this match David and I where on the phone and he asked if I would put the phone on speaker so that he could talk to Eyan. When I did he proceeded to ask Eyan this question. " Hey buddy, which do you want to do more in this match, focus on your score or come out of this match a better shooter?" And Eyan replies, "I want to come out a better shooter!"

As we all know from experience, in these types of matches you have a ton of A type personalities pushing themselves and there team mate on every stage and it is hard for us to let go of how you are doing in the match. David did exactly that and I can't thank him enough for investing so much time and effort into Eyan at this match!! You are a good man David, Thank You!!!

Eyan and David on Thunder Valley Short. This is where Eyan really got into the game...

EyanandDaveonTVShort.jpg

Ringing steel off the swing on the Golf Course Stage...

EyanandDaveonGC.jpg

Eyan and David on the Back Ridge. The little man was able to ring 6 of the 8 targets at 726 yards with 5 of the 6 being first round hits.

EyanandDaveonBR.jpg

Little man kicking back with his spotter...

TeamAOkickingback.jpg

I had a great time shooting this match with 1eyedjack1 as well! We had a blast and we are looking forward to the next match!!!

Thanks,
Mike

I agree with Poison123. Match was much better this go around. Thanks for listening Joe.

Wish we would have remembered we could shoot Friday and Saturday morning rather than late Saturday evening and Sunday morning when it was too late.

Big thanks to all the sponsor's for stepping up and throwing stuff down on the prize table.

Thanks again to our RO's Scott and Hill, you guys did a great job.. Really appreciate your hard work.

Greene

Team Claw (FNH USA) would like to thank Joe Harris and his excellent staff of ROs and support staff for a challenging and enjoyable match. Thanks to Rockcastle for hosting an amazing event, few other facilities could support this type of match. Thanks to JP Enterpirses and all the sponsors for their support of this event.

To all our fellow competitors: it was an absolute pleasure and honor to compete with all of you. There were some very skilled and professional teams shooting and giving their all. Just to be in the running with these teams enhances the enjoyment of the event. Congrats to all the winners.

I am proud to have been a part of Squad Four (mostly military teams). Our (USA) enemies abroad should be very frightened. Our Nation should be assured there are men of this caliber and skill training to secure and ensure our freedom.

This was the best Mammoth yet, in my opinion. The Tough Man Division is an excellent concept. While challenging and truly tough, was actually very enjoyable. Excellent, I hope it returns in future Mammoth Matches.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Action Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Team Claw (FNH USA) would like to thank Joe Harris and his excellent staff of ROs and support staff for a challenging and enjoyable match. Thanks to Rockcastle for hosting an amazing event, few other facilities could support this type of match. Thanks to JP Enterpirses and all the sponsors for their support of this event.

To all our fellow competitors: it was an absolute pleasure and honor to compete with all of you. There were some very skilled and professional teams shooting and giving their all. Just to be in the running with these teams enhances the enjoyment of the event. Congrats to all the winners.

I am proud to have been a part of Squad Four (mostly military teams). Our (USA) enemies abroad should be very frightened. Our Nation should be assured there are men of this caliber and skill training to secure and ensure our freedom.

This was the best Mammoth yet, in my opinion. The Tough Man Division is an excellent concept. While challenging and truly tough, was actually very enjoyable. Excellent, I hope it returns in future Mammoth Matches. </div></div>

+10

I too would like to thank the sponsors and everyone who helped put on the match. It was an absolute blast and I will definitely try and come back next year.

Also big thanks to JP for giving my partner a bolt when his went belly up on the Golf Course stage. Will definitely be sending some business your way in the future!

This was my third Mammoth Sniper Challenge and would also agree it was the best one so far! The stages were set out great and everything went smoothly in our squad. Always learn something at these matches.

Thanks Joe for taking the time to put on an awesome match, I know this one will be one that I try to get to each year. Thanks to all of the Sponsors for your generosity. I am already trying to figure out what I need to sell to get the funds together to order one of JP's Rifles.

Another big thanks to Joe and the guys for putting together a great match. This was our first big shoot and one that others will be measured against in the future. Thanks to the guys in Squad 3 for sharing your knowledge and welcoming the newbs. Here is a link to the pics we took along the way.
Mammoth Sniper Pics 2012

A big thanks to Joe and all the ROs. You could tell a lot of work went into this match. It keeps getting better and better.

The tough man was done just right. Enough suck but not an overload.

The prize table was awesome and we have the awesome sponsors to thank. An extra thank you to JP rifles for the rifle we won for 2nd place.

Squad 4 was an awesome squad, well except maybe the guys who ran from stage to stage and made us go either first or last each stage.
wink.gif

Had a blast and looking forward to the next one.

Match results are posted on the website.

Had a great time RO'ing Squad 3. Some really good shooters in that squad and a bunch of fun guys.

Also have to say thanks to the other RO's: Marcus, John, Brian, Hill, Scott V., Scott H. and Ron. You guys did a great job keeping things moving and enjoyable.

I must say I am in awe of a 12 YO boy...Oneshot976, please relay to Eyan that I was proud to have shot with him this weekend! You have done a great job with him and I know you are proud!! Next I would personally like to send a thank you to Mr.David Walker who selflessly allowed Eyan to learn all he could while taking a back seat to shooting!! I am impressed with you Mr. Walker. For anyone who didn't get a chance to watch this young man in action, you missed a wonderful show. He showed both skill and sportsmanship. Sorry for the sugar rush before bedtime tho, LOL. I can only hope that in the future I again get to shoot with this young man and be able to watch in amazement as he outshoots me!! I also hope in the future to see more like him as any day of the week I would be proud to take an butt whoopin from any young shooter!! Keep it up Eyan, you did a GREAT job!!

As all have said, thanks to Joe and everyone who put out so much to this match happen.

Thanks to Squad 1, it was a distinct pleasure to meet new friends and see old ones again, hang out and shoot with all of you. Also, Scott and Hill, thank you both again for all of your help. As I said, you are two of the best RO's I've had.

To echo what Mrs. Ace just said and for anyone who didn't get to see it, Oneshot, that boy of yours is unbelivable. He drove that AI like he was born with it in his hands. It is only a matter of a few short years before we start hearing Eyan's name called early in the awards ceremony. And David, it was indeed, very admirable the extent to which you went to help Eyan.

I look forward to the next one and hope we all shoot together again.

What a great match. Thank you Joe for giving us a heck of a weekend. Thanks to all the sponsors who put together an awesome prize table. Thanks to the service men who attended, we appreciate everything you do. Special thanks to Scott, Hill, and all the other RO's who gave their time and effort to make the match run smoothly.

I deserve no accolades for shooting with Eyan. He is a remarkable young man and the future of our sport. I have never enjoyed myself more at any other match and for that, thank you very much Eyan. I can't wait to have the chance to shoot with you again. Just so everyone knows, Eyan did all the range estimation on the unknown distance targets and almost all the shooting. All I did was spot for him. His accomplishments were his alone. I have no doubt that in the future, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Again, I had a wonderful time getting to see old friends and meet new ones. Can't wait to see you all again.

Huge thank you to Joe, the RO's and all of the sponsors! This match was a huge learning experience! Thanks to squad 4 for being one of the nicest and most knowledgeable squads I've ever been on. You boys sure can move out as well!

Again, Thank you

Heads up y'all reloaders from Mammoth:

I picked up a LOT of brass, and about 75% of the reloaded stuff had real signs of pressure. Lots of ejector marks! I can see some caseheads have 2 or 3 ejector marks from several overpressure firings!

Be careful!

Squad 3 guy running nickel plated brass: BIGTIME ejector marks!

Anyone see the list of equipment they made on the golf course? It would be interesting to see the kit used and give vendors a chance to see the results of there wares.

I emailed Joe asking for an equipment list of all competitors. That info was tossed right after the match. Too bad. Manufacturers would have liked to been able to use that info to see what the market demands are. Maybe next time.

That was kinda what I thought! I would have thought JP would have surely asked for it, too. I was hounded by our marketing guys about what others were shooting. Maybe we can start the list here...

Remington 40XS action, Remington Custom Shop 308 barrel, McMillan A3, Vortex Viper PST

Primary- Rem 700 action, broughton barrel in a JP chassis with a S&B
Secondary- JP 308 AR with a S&B

Primary- Crusader Action, Bartlein 22" 260rem, Ashbury Chassis, S&B
Secondary- GAP10 with Henny

Primary- Stevens 200 in .260 Manners T4 Nightforce
Secondary- DPMS LR .308 20" with Nightforce

Primary - SSG built Rem 700 in 6XC with Brux 28" Barrel in a Manners T4 with a Vortex Razor
Seconday - SI Defense LR-308 20" 308 Win, Bushnell Elite 3-12 FFP

Primary: Gap Remington LA 284win pushing 168 Berger through 27"Broughton with Bushnell HDMR H/59

Secondary: JP lr7 308 running 118lr with Bushnell HDMR Tremor 2

Primary: GAP 260, Templar action, 26inch Bartlein Barrel, Manners T4a, USO 3.2x17x44, running Southwest Ammo 142 load

Secondary: GAP10 in 308, 16inch Barrel, USO 3.2x17x44, running Southwest 175 load

Primary: Savage 10fp 308 with 5000+ rounds thru, modified de-uglified Bell/Carlson, Bender PM-II 5-25

Seconday: SAC built Rem700 308, McM A5, Premier 5-25

Savage in a A5 chambered in 280 ai.
Rock River lar 8 16inch 308

Remington 700 sa trued and lugs lapped
Shilen 1-10 twist Chambered in 308
hs precision stock Reciever and recoil lug bedded
Cdi bottom metal
vortex viper 6-24
175 gr match kings
Varget powder

Primary: Stevens 200, Choate Tactical, CDI dbm, CBI 260 26" barrel, Vortex Razor HD EBR-2B in ARC rings.

Secondary: DPMS LR 6.5 Creedmoor, stock with PRS stock, Vortex Razor HD EBR-2

Primary: FN SPR-TC (prototype) in .260 Remington (25.5" 1:8 twist), SureFire Suppressor, Leupold Mk4 ERT 6.5-20x mil/mil, McCourt Munitions 142gr SMK.

Secondary: FN SCAR-16S, Leupold MRT 2-8x with Delta Point. Federal 77gr Gold Medal Match.

Primary: AIAX 6.5 Creedmoor topped with a SB

Secondary: AIAX 308 topped with a PH

The other FNH Team Thompson and Hasser:

Primary: FN SPR-TC (prototype)in .260 Remington (25.5" 1:8 twist), Leupold Mk4 ERT 6.5-20x mil/mil, 140gr AMax hand loads.

Secondary: FN SCAR-17S, Leupold MRT 2.5-8x, Federal 175gr Gold Medal Match.