• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

I think the answer is no. But I'll have to get Joe Harris to chime in with an official ruling.

thank you socket70. That is what I thought the answer would be,I was not sure because this is my first match of this kind. I thought this would be a good learning experience, and a place to learn from other more seasoned shooters.

should be fun. crazy thing is that I know more people planning on coming to spectate than I know shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

I am working on the score sheets with Joe right now.

As per him - You can use two bipods, but you must carry both those bipods with your gear throughout the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perry73779</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

As per him - You can use two bipods, but you must carry both those bipods with your gear throughout the match. </div></div>
Go ahead and fill mine out. Shouldn't take long to record all zeros.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perry73779</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

As per him - You can use two bipods, but you must carry both those bipods with your gear throughout the match. </div></div>
Go ahead and fill mine out. Shouldn't take long to record all zeros. </div></div>

What don't even think your gonna get the confidence booster shot?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perry73779</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

Go ahead and fill mine out. Shouldn't take long to record all zeros. </div></div>

What don't even think your gonna get the confidence booster shot?
wink.gif

</div></div>Has Joe ever had one of those?????

[/quote]Has Joe ever had one of those????? [/quote]

*Thinks real hard* The ruler at 2 or 3 hundred?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Perry73779</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-Hoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not? </div></div>

Don't worry man, I brought my 0 gr mind bullets, I got you covered.

No body else has said it but we're all thinking it..... I'll blurt it out.
Weather Underground has temperature Saturday morning at 18 degrees F around 6:AM. Frosty Baby!
Those guys that are spectating could make a fortune selling hot liquids....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>Has Joe ever had one of those????? [/quote]

*Thinks real hard* The ruler at 2 or 3 hundred? [/quote]If he had a 2 inch ruler at 300 then we probably would have to shoot it offhand, weakhand, while standing on our heads. Guess you could call that a confidence target????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottS1W</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No body else has said it but we're all thinking it..... I'll blurt it out.
Weather Underground has temperature Saturday morning at 18 degrees F around 6:AM. Frosty Baby!
Those guys that are spectating could make a fortune selling hot liquids.... </div></div>

I will say this, if you do not have wool socks go buy some.

So penny loafers won't work???? Oh crap, I'm in trouble

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh yea...i forgot about this...guess Im going to have to get my barrel on my rifle. Work up a load and well load 200 rounds...should be an interesting week
smile.gif
</div></div>

wow.....full on wow....... </div></div>

well i didnt feel like sending lead with a factory barrel anymore and someone didnt get the barrel out as fast as they said so I have to really work hard for it now. Its ok I enjoy pressure.

Brushed up my mad milling skills on Shooter Ready last night, and watched sniper, shooter, and enemy at the gates... hate to say it but you guys are toast!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brushed up my mad milling skills on Shooter Ready last night, and watched sniper, shooter, and enemy at the gates... hate to say it but you guys are toast!</div></div>

You're way ahead of me. I just went to Wal Mart and bought my ammo for the match!

Current Forecast:

Fri Jan 7
Mostly Cloudy
H:31°
L:20°

20% chance precip

Sat Jan 8
Partly Cloudy
H:36°
L:21°

10% chance precip

Sun Jan 9
<span style="color: #FF6666">Light Wintry Mix Rain/Snow</span>
H:34°
L:30°

40% chance precip

Word to the wise though....in Kentucky just wait 24 hours and it can be 100% different forcast....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scootball</div><div class="ubbcode-body">round count still 100 rounds?</div></div>

Bring PLENTY Extra ...

I brought 200 .........just saying.

I am conflicted on how much to wear at this point. I live 30 minutes from the match and hunt in this type weather all winter long but I dont know how much running and moving to expect. Could play a difference in my footwear choice.

In typical style I am sure I am overthinking it.....

Bolt Rifle x
Magazines 4
Bipod 1
Ammo 170
Dope Card x
Grease x
Tape Measure x
Kestrel x
Portable Battery x
Droid x
Cable x
Sling x
Ammo cards 3
Log Book x
Rear Bag x
Tac Pillow x
Pants
Underwear 2
Socks 3
Sock Liners 3
Boots 3
Belt 1
Undershirt 1
T-Shirt 3
Shemag
Bolo x
Cap x
Wet gear 1
Gaiters Pants/Jacket
Knee Pads x
Ears x
Eyes x
Battery x
Light x
Gloves/Mitt x
Toiletries x

Anybody coming from the Nashville airport area on Thursday around 7pm? I could use a ride to RockCastle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rthur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller, fate favors the prepared.
Rthur </div></div>

But I still need to pack it and carry it.....lol

Ounces becomes pounds and pounds become pain

chris, i will be through that area very early fri am

Here as in Kentucky?

Got everything all packed up....why does it seem like i'm taking everything (minus the kitchen sink..no room) that I own?

The pack that i'm carrying from stage to stage isn't bad, quite manageable..hopefully. I'm quite a bit out of shape when it comes to carrying a ruck for miles and miles, but hopefully I can make it through the weekend. It'll get worse once I throw the spotting scope in there though.

Branden

Don't Forget the beer for after the match this is a dry county.

OK Here is the deal. I'm officially off the waiting list and in the competition. I have two loads for the 162 amax. One shoots consistently 3/4" 100 yd groups at 3125 fps. The other shoots consistently sub 1/2 " 100 yard groups at 2975 fps. Which will be better for this type of match. I've never shot an UKD match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovetsx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't Forget the beer for after the match this is a dry county. </div></div>

Dry?????

That's it! I'm taking my toys and going home!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

How I roll......

<span style="font-weight: bold">Me in my MULTICAM.......</span>
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yNV-GXoeCM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7yNV-GXoeCM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Managed to fit my LRF in a thermos case. Its on. </div></div>

lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Managed to fit my LRF in a thermos case. Its on. </div></div>

lol </div></div>

You forget that I know you, I already plan on dumping you gear and searching you. lol.

I just the worst migraine i've had (this one is number 3), this sucks. I just hope that I can shake it before I leave tomorrow to get there. It would really, really suck to not be 100% for this match.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just the worst migraine i've had (this one is number 3), this sucks. I just hope that I can shake it before I leave tomorrow to get there. It would really, really suck to not be 100% for this match.

Branden </div></div>

We can roshambo (I will go first) to solve it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just the worst migraine i've had (this one is number 3), this sucks. I just hope that I can shake it before I leave tomorrow to get there. It would really, really suck to not be 100% for this match.

Branden </div></div>

We can roshambo (I will go first) to solve it..... </div></div>

I'll give you the number to Kitchen 6 and you can ask her if I can have my nuts for the weekend. She's got 'em in a dusty crown royal bag over at her mothers.

Branden

Well I managed to get the "kitchen sink" in the back of the truck and will be on the road soon.
Travel safe everyone