• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Do you and your partner shoot the stage at the same time or does the spotter get the advantage of seeing the stage before he shoots it?

The shooting order will change each event, you may go before your parnter on one stage, and him before you on another.

But in order to spot for you he would kind of have to see the stage. Catch my drift?

If your staying at the Host Hotel, better get your Reservations jigged up. Just talked to them and they said they are getting Slammed with shooters. She also said that there may be media crews there, apparently the Average IQ for KY is expected to almost double for the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Ace.

We have 4 slots left at this time. I will start a waiting list once the 4 slots have been taken. This is even after I have extended it to 106 for the sponsors. We have 102 shooters as of right now.

Once somebody notifies me that they can't make the match then the next person off the waiting list will notified and asked if they want the slot.

For the ones that have entries on the way I will take the first 4 I get out of the mailbox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> apparently the Average IQ for KY is expected to almost double for the weekend. </div></div>

So says our genetically challenged hillbilly cousins to the south.......
smile.gif

Hey guys, anybody from the DFW area going to this match in need of a SPOTTER/CARPOOL partner?

Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, anybody from the DFW area going to this match in need of a SPOTTER/CARPOOL partner?

Jason</div></div>

hey dad i told you i was going, entry sent off tomorrow, I should get in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, anybody from the DFW area going to this match in need of a SPOTTER/CARPOOL partner?

Jason</div></div>

hey dad i told you i was going, entry sent off tomorrow, I should get in. </div></div>

Are you sure Lauren will let you?
laugh.gif

I doubt it, unless she goes too

I don't see anything about a handgun required at all times, like most matches?

So, no handgun needed at all?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt it, unless she goes too </div></div>

You know where his head is, so she will have to go if he goes

No handgun needed. This is a rifle match. I will not let a handgun have any determining factor in a rifle match.

I just sent out the last 4 emails confirming they are in the match.

Match is full as of right now.

I will start a waiting list as of tomorrow.

I may need some help at the match. You can contact me to see if you can shoot with the RO's and help with the match. You would shoot on Wed. and Thursday and help work the entire match. This is no garuantee but a possibility.

Thanks Chiller, looking forward to meeting you. One of the hide members talks highly of you at my range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Chiller, looking forward to meeting you. One of the hide members talks highly of you at my range. </div></div>

They dont know me too well......lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Chiller, looking forward to meeting you. One of the hide members talks highly of you at my range. </div></div>

They dont know me too well......lol </div></div>

That guy must be an idiot.

My entry is in the mail. Maybe I will get a cancelation spot.

I will have some updates for the match tonight.

Okay, guys here are some updates about the match. Socket70 is out of town until the weekend and he will update the website when he returns.

We will have a schedule and a time line for check in and the match finalized in the next week.

There are going to be 6 daylight stages and one night stage. Saturday will be a very long day. You will shoot 4 daylight stages Saturday, come back to the hotel and eat dinner put on by one of our sponsors and then we will go shoot the night stage.

You are looking between 75 and 85 targets for the match alone.

We will be having a shooting side match on Friday which is solely optional and does not include scoring for the actual match. We are also going to have a target detection side contest set up on Friday.

The shooting side match will be shot with your gun and a gun from one of the sponsors. You will be shooting at a texas star anywhere between 500 and 600 meters away with your gun and some various distance targets with the sponsors gun. Who ever cleans the stage the fastest wins the side match. We may even throw in a kims game for fun as a side contest.

Once you check in, no one will be allowed to look at any of the stages. I will have people staged at each stage to prevent this.

I hope everyone has been making reservations at the hotel. It is going to be a full house and we will have alot of fun there.

Be prepared to shoot in any weather that may get thrown at us. This match will be shot in any weather condition except lightning and a tornado which is unlikely in January. if ti is raining and cold then just suck it buttercup. We are going to try and have burn barrels at every stage for the ones who can't handle the cold.

We have 106 shooters in the match plus I have 12 RO's shooting Wednesday and Thursday.

I am currently working on the squadding list and for the ones who don't have a partner I will email all of you the list of individual shooters if you want to pair up before the match.

The practice weekend is December 11th and 12th. We will be shooting from 100 yards to 1000 yards. You will be required to pay Rockcastle $50.00 per shooter and stay in the match hotel Saturday night. I think this is an outstanding deal considering they are letting me do this on the long distance range for the weekend.

ONLY shooters that are registered for the match will be allowed to shoot. I will be there all weekend and will help anyone that needs it.

I am currently working on putting on a one day wind calling class that Friday at the hotel and the range. If anyone is interested in this please let me know. I will do it if there is enough interest. All I ask is that you pay Rockcastle $25.00 for the day of range use and buy me dinner.

I will post more details every week about the match.

Couple more for the wind class.

Ill have too look at my schedule as far as the practice and the wind calling class. I will let you know a little closer to the time its going to take place.

I'm in for the wind calling class

Triton 19 you can not use your kestrel to call wind so your fucked

Well then you're shit out of luck , you will have to just guess without me calling you're dope and wind.

Three of my group, possibly four, would come Friday for the
wind calling class. Do we need to PM you? Bolt56

Sounds like the wind class is going to have a good turn out. It will be an informative class without a doubt. The funny thing is, I guarantee that there will be people wishing they had taken the class after the first few events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be down for the class. </div></div>

Oh yea... this guy needs the wind class bad. lol

Me and the "Old Man" will be there for the match and the practice weekend.

Looking forward to it.

Shooting the 243.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did I read the ranges for the service and the open class?
Service was out to 850 yards (or there about)?
</div></div>

It may have been posted on here or on the website. Im pretty sure thats right, bonus targets may be further (1000ish)on certain stages.

Im looking a partner in Texas DFW area to shoot with.

Will the wind class take place at the same time as the side match or will we be able to do both?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kit Carson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the wind class take place at the same time as the side match or will we be able to do both? </div></div>

As far as I know you will be able to do both. I will check and get back to you with a positive answer.