• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks Estimated Lead Times

Hey Tom,
I really appreciate the time you take to take care of us!
Additional query; Can an Ingenuity Gunworks AdjustaRail be flush mounted/ integrated into the forend of the new MCS-PRS1TK + MCS-DBMTK?
Belay the query. FB answered in the affirmative!

Last edited:
Hey Tom, can you tell me the weight difference between a standard fill and a heavy fill? I'm putting together a 338 Norma Mag on a Deviant action and was wondering if I should go with a heavy fill to help soak up some of that recoil (looking at an MCS-T5A). I really like the MCS-PRS1, but I'm not sure it would be pleasant to shoot a 338 NM with such a light stock, but I did like the narrower forend.

Last edited:
Got my order placed for the group buy.

MCS-EH1 in scorched earth
Barricade Mini Chassis
Badger rail
2 flush cups

Hey Tom, can you tell me the weight difference between a standard fill and a heavy fill? I'm putting together a 338 Norma Mag on a Deviant action and was wondering if I should go with a heavy fill to help soak up some of that recoil (looking at an MCS-T5A). I really like the MCS-PRS1, but I'm not sure it would be pleasant to shoot a 338 NM with such a light stock, but I did like the narrower forend.
Hi 18ECHO, the mcs-t5a in the standard shell and fill usually comes in about 3.8lbs depending on inlet and hardware. The heavy fill is usually added in the butt of the stock, we can add 2 to 3 lbs if need but usually most guys will go with a one lb in the very back of the but, it will help with recoil and also balance if you are running large dia barrel. Thank you

Reactions: atefft22
I approved my order (Elite Hunter in CF) on 29 December, so I’m guessing late September or October for delivery. Is that about what others are seeing?

Ordered mine on the 16 of November 2017. Got an email on the first of March 2018 that it was ready to ship and awaiting payment. It's now the 27th and it still hasn't shipped. Emailed and called a few times bit was told each time that it will be another week or two. I have no idea what's going on.

Ordered mine on the 16 of November 2017. Got an email on the first of March 2018 that it was ready to ship and awaiting payment. It's now the 27th and it still hasn't shipped. Emailed and called a few times bit was told each time that it will be another week or two. I have no idea what's going on.

I’m getting the same run around. Was “getting inletted this week, 4 weeks out” February 5th. On March 13th it was “ stock is getting cut, 2-4 weeks. “ The stock is just an MCS-T with flush cups and pillars so nothing too complex. Was told to send my barreled action out in February and that it would be done three days after receiving it. No word from anyone. Can’t even get a hold of Tom through PMs here. He’s usually great about getting shit sorted. It takes as long as it takes, but it sucks to feel like you’re getting bullshitted.

I’m getting the same run around. Was “getting inletted this week, 4 weeks out” February 5th. On March 13th it was “ stock is getting cut, 2-4 weeks. “ The stock is just an MCS-T with flush cups and pillars so nothing too complex. Was told to send my barreled action out in February and that it would be done three days after receiving it. No word from anyone. Can’t even get a hold of Tom through PMs here. He’s usually great about getting shit sorted. It takes as long as it takes, but it sucks to feel like you’re getting bullshitted.

When did you initilly order it? It is aggavating and I'm sure it will be worth the wait when I do finally receive it, but why send an email out that it's ready to ship when it's obviously not even close. And every time I've contacted them they tell me one more week. I expected a long wait but I don't like to be given the run around.

When did you initilly order it? It is aggavating and I'm sure it will be worth the wait when I do finally receive it, but why send an email out that it's ready to ship when it's obviously not even close. And every time I've contacted them they tell me one more week. I expected a long wait but I don't like to be given the run around.

I ordered it through the stock builder on 9/18/17. They never did send me a confirmation email. On 11/13/17 I contacted them and finally got the order approval.

Received order confirmation on 1/3/18, ordered a T2A. Was told 3-4 months when ordering over the phone. I checked in this week (~3 months in) and was told 6-8 more weeks.

I ordered on 12/26. They emailed asking what barrel I’m using on 3/29 and said it was getting ready for the milling room. They said they’re running 5-6 months for order completion right now.

If you’re frustrated or feeling left in the dark, try calling them.

C

I bought a 'ready to ship' stock last thursday. Was told it would go out that afternoon and I'd have a tracking number by 4:00 PM. Called this morning and was promised it would ship today. We'll see. The left hand don't know what the right hand is up to, it seems.

The left hand don't know what the right hand is up to, it seems.

Yup. Just contacted them to get my barreled action back and bought a McMillan. Seems we’re small fish now since they started getting deals with Nosler, CZ, etc. can’t even get Tom to reply to a PM anymore. Shame really.

I bought a 'ready to ship' stock last thursday. Was told it would go out that afternoon and I'd have a tracking number by 4:00 PM. Called this morning and was promised it would ship today. We'll see. The left hand don't know what the right hand is up to, it seems.
Hi Huntsman22, pm your build number I will see what is up with the stock. Was there any changes to the specs or straight off the shelf. Thank you

Tom, thanks for the call and getting things taken care of. Not many outfits have the head dude get involved in little stuff like this.

Never had anything but outstanding experiences with Manners. When things go wrong they fix them, when you are frustrated and pissed their calm and polite and after my third stock (arrived last week on time) I can’t wait to buy another for my next build. And after all is said and done we all know they are worth the wait.

Reactions: Darkhorse1
Yup. Just contacted them to get my barreled action back and bought a McMillan. Seems we’re small fish now since they started getting deals with Nosler, CZ, etc. can’t even get Tom to reply to a PM anymore. Shame really.

Did you get refunded for your stock? Or are you still waiting on it? I haven't heard anything yet on mine. It's been over a month now since I got an email saying it's ready to ship.

Haven’t paid for it. Supposed to be bedded and shipped tomorrow. At this point I just want my action back. Don’t really give two shits about the stock.

Ordered stock in group buy this winter for new build, saw this thread, sent email to manners this morning with order number inquiring about realistic ship date. Received email explaining delay due to requests specific to my order. Not what I wanted to hear but it was quick honest communication in a timely manner.

Been a great experience thus far for me. Ordered mid/late December and yesterday morning I got the email it was ready. Immediately called and paid for it and I had tracking info no more than 3 hours later. Should arrive sometime late tomorrow so I'm gonna have my dog lay right by the window tomorrow afternoon. He never misses the big brown trucks.

I didn't see a price listing anywhere what is the price on modifying an existing Eite tactical T4A to fit the ingenuity gunworks rail?

What’s the usual lag time between payment and shipping? I got the email on 2/13/18 for payment. Called in a payment the next day, still nothing?

What’s the usual lag time between payment and shipping? I got the email on 2/13/18 for payment. Called in a payment the next day, still nothing?
Hi Wolffie, Quotes are sent out roughly 4 to 6 weeks before shipment. This looks like it is over that, PM me your build number and I will get right back to you. Thank you

I didn't see a price listing anywhere what is the price on modifying an existing Eite tactical T4A to fit the ingenuity gunworks rail?
Hi 5rwill. It depends on the current build specs that you have. Does it have a mini chassis or bedded? It will usually end up about $95.00. On all rails , we like to add a carbon fiber channel to the stock, this allows the rails to be anchored in the shell of the stock and not just the fill. Especially on barricade rails, there is a tremendous amount of force applied to the rail when slamming the gun and your body into some of the barricades. Some might think it is overkill, but I would rather do that than having one come loose during a match. thank you very much,

Well worth the wait! This is absolute perfection! When I Finish the new reloading/work bench it’s laying on I will put it all together! Thank you Mr Manners!!!
3E131E00-36D2-418A-B58E-91D358DF9315.jpeg

Reactions: stereo.pete
This is my first time posting on the Hide but I ordered a Manners PRS-1 for a Tikka. This was before ShotShow 18 and the release of the Tikka mini-chassis but my stock took 6 months from the time I ordered to the time it arrived on my doorstep. Overall couldn't be happier just waiting on bottom metal.

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 166
Reactions: stereo.pete
Ordered a compact on 4/12. They said 5-6 months. Looking forward to seeing it.

I ordered a Compact (elite CF) on 4/18 and was told 4-6 weeks over the phone. I've got my fingers crossed that the lead time is closer to what I was told then what you were told, can't wait til it gets here.

I ordered a Compact (elite CF) on 4/18 and was told 4-6 weeks over the phone. I've got my fingers crossed that the lead time is closer to what I was told then what you were told, can't wait til it gets here.
Hi Wilco, Shoot me a pm with your build number, all the new CS stocks are quoted out 4 to 6 months. Was yours a flattop Thank you

Hi Wilco, Shoot me a pm with your build number, all the new CS stocks are quoted out 4 to 6 months. Was yours a flattop Thank you

It was a Rem700 SA / M5 inlet, I probably misheard (don't tell my girlfriend, it'll only give her more ammo about me not listening!). PM sent

Tom this may be a stupid question, but I have a T4A for a Tempest that hasn't been bedded yet, would it be possible to have it upgraded to the Gen2 mini chassis? Or am I going to be better off ordering another stock and selling the one I have?

Reactions: RobertB
Tom this may be a stupid question, but I have a T4A for a Tempest that hasn't been bedded yet, would it be possible to have it upgraded to the Gen2 mini chassis? Or am I going to be better off ordering another stock and selling the one I have?
Hi Hays, It should not be a problem at all installing the mini chassis in the stock. The only thing I would need to verify is the current bottom metal, if it is one that has a larger foot print than the mini chassis we may need to fill and recut, but that is very minor. Shoot me a pm with the info and I will get you taken care of. Im going to be at the NRA show this week so it might be Monday before I ping you back. Thank you

I didn't receive action screws with my stock that just came. Does anyone know what the length of the action screws are for the mini chassis so I can just buy some?

I didn't receive action screws with my stock that just came. Does anyone know what the length of the action screws are for the mini chassis so I can just buy some?
Hi Sleepdoc, All dbm mini chassis should have shipped out with torq instruction and a screw set along with your mag. Shoot me a PM with you contact info and ship to info and I will get you out a set via ups today, you will have it in a few days. Thank you very much,

My stock got here today and looks top notch. Thank you Manners

MCS PRS1 TK with Tikka Mini chassis
DB9A9FB1-B4F1-4D05-B3FA-74177F937476.jpeg

Can anyone tell me if going on 8 months is a long time to wait for an order placed in Sept of 2017. I sent my barrel action and bottom metal. And have sent emails. In March I was told 1- 2 weeks. 4 to 6 months has turned into 8 going on 9 and I would like to have my rifle back and am considering canceling and going somewhere else. Am I off base in this thinking

Can anyone tell me if going on 8 months is a long time to wait for an order placed in Sept of 2017. I sent my barrel action and bottom metal. And have sent emails. In March I was told 1- 2 weeks. 4 to 6 months has turned into 8 going on 9 and I would like to have my rifle back and am considering canceling and going somewhere else. Am I off base in this thinking
Hi Sizthediz, Shoot me your build number and contact info I will get my hands on it and get right back to you. Was it a specialty build or are we just bedding it since we have your barreled action. Thank you very much,

My stock arrived yesterday EH1A ordered on 12-21-17 received on 5-23-18 right at 5 months. The stock is beautiful off to my gunsmith tomorrow. I have another rifle with a Manners stock it was also right at 5 months from order to my door. Thank You Tom your stocks are the best.

Just got my Manners in. See my earlier reply for order date.

Lead time was close.

Stock quality sucks. I literally have a fracture where my trigger group is supposed to sit and it is patched over with more material. It is pretty obvious because about 1/8 of the crack was missed by whoever tried to "patch" it, and the rest is white where they tried to smear some kind of filler to make it "ok".

I'm pretty disgusted right now. When I spend $800 on a stock I would expect it perfect. Or even Good.

I'm sending mine back. Hope you guys are happier with your stocks than I was with mine after waiting 5 months.

-J