• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks Estimated Lead Times

Just got my Manners in. See my earlier reply for order date.

Lead time was close.

Stock quality sucks. I literally have a fracture where my trigger group is supposed to sit and it is patched over with more material. It is pretty obvious because about 1/8 of the crack was missed by whoever tried to "patch" it, and the rest is white where they tried to smear some kind of filler to make it "ok".

I'm pretty disgusted right now. When I spend $800 on a stock I would expect it perfect. Or even Good.

I'm sending mine back. Hope you guys are happier with your stocks than I was with mine after waiting 5 months.

-J
Hi Junkster, Just saw you post, shoot me a pm with your contact info and stock number. I will give you a buzz asap and find out what has happened to the stock. Everything is guaranteed for life no matter what. I will get you taken care of asap. Thank you,

Reactions: JS624
Just got my Manners in. See my earlier reply for order date.

Lead time was close.

i'm sending mine back. Hope you guys are happier with your stocks than I was with mine after waiting 5 months.

-J
Hi Junkster, I reached out and shot you another PM, if you get time reply and send me your contact info, I would like to get details so I can get you taken care of asap. Thank you

Reactions: JS624
Anyone know if it would be possible to get the MCS-CS (The extendable compact stock) in 100% carbon for a howa mini action? That would make a crazy cool, handy rifle.

Hi Junkster, I reached out and shot you another PM, if you get time reply and send me your contact info, I would like to get details so I can get you taken care of asap. Thank you
Hi Junkster, thank you for sending me the pics of the stock. I thought I would post up one just as a fyi for the other guys. That stock actually had a small air pocket in the fill around the bottom of the M5 inlet. We have procedures in place to help eliminate this during production but from time to time it will still happen. Once that stock was inleted, that area was filled with a lighter color material, then re-cut. Although of course we prefer not to have them, it will happen from time to time. In that area, this does not affect the function of the stock.

Junkster, Once you get your other components in house liked we talked on the phone, text or call me and I will get you squared away asap.

Thank you very much,
airpckt1.jpg

Anyone know if it would be possible to get the MCS-CS (The extendable compact stock) in 100% carbon for a howa mini action? That would make a crazy cool, handy rifle.
Hi SRSdrive, At this time we do not offer the howa mini inlet. But we are getting a lot of guys asking to do this one. I actually picked up a barreled action to do a special project for my self and to also check out the dimensions of the action. If the dimensions work out where they are close to fitting I will make a inlet program. It will probably be july before I get on it, but ping me back then. Thank you very much.

If you get the howa mini action inlet for a lightweight stock (folding, compact, hunter) I would place the order now! Thanks for looking at it.

It'll be 10 weeks this Thursday for a flat top stock that was quoted at 4-6 weeks for me.

Tom got me straightened out.

Thanks for replying so quickly Tom. Speaks volumes when the owner will contact you directly.

Will Manners bed your barreled action with DBM? I just received the quote on a Manners T5A Elite Tactical and was debating between their stock and the McMillan A4.
Hi Groundedclk, Are looking for a lug/tang or a complete pillar skim, we do both, this will also allow us to custom fit your barreled action and set up your DBM, depending on caliber we might have you send in a few dummy rounds. We would not need your barreled action until the last few weeks of the build. Shot me a pm with your contact info and I will give you a buzz. Thank you

tmanners:

do you think a Junior shooter could benefit from your CS stock?

I was thinking about a CS stock butt end and a PRS (flat) forend so that I could put a long dovetail rail (HRD or Area 419) and have my son start shooting matches with me. His length of pull is only 9.25" inches right now. I'm not sure that he'd get a proper cheek weld on a full size (top to bottom) stock even though it has a shorter LOP.

What are your thoughts?

Mr. Manners (and others that may be able to help!),

Not a lead time question but you seem to answer a lot of other questions here too.

I will be placing an order soon. I am trying to decide between a few stocks. I am looking at the T6A, PRS2, T2AGAP, EH1A.

I am sure I want the elite shell and a barricade mini chassis or mpa rail, non rotating flush cups, and atlas rail. This will be for a Remington 700 short action.

The vertical grip on all of these stocks seem similar, I am mostly looking for a comparison of the forends.

I see the measurements in the technical specs but would love to see a side by side picture of these stocks(especially the forends).

If there is any way you could do this (or maybe provide a link if this has been done before) I would really appreciate it.

Also, can the stock be ordered with a shorter length of pull? I prefer about 12 1/ 2 inches. Maybe adjustable from about 12 inches to 13 1/2 inches?

I think that covers it but I am very much open to suggestions. Rifle will be used for club level prs type steel matches and some hunting use.

Thank you so much and any hope for a 4th of July sale? MBanning

Mr. Manners (and others that may be able to help!),

Not a lead time question but you seem to answer a lot of other questions here too.

I will be placing an order soon. I am trying to decide between a few stocks. I am looking at the T6A, PRS2, T2AGAP, EH1A.

I am sure I want the elite shell and a barricade mini chassis or mpa rail, non rotating flush cups, and atlas rail. This will be for a Remington 700 short action.

The vertical grip on all of these stocks seem similar, I am mostly looking for a comparison of the forends.

I see the measurements in the technical specs but would love to see a side by side picture of these stocks(especially the forends).

If there is any way you could do this (or maybe provide a link if this has been done before) I would really appreciate it.

Also, can the stock be ordered with a shorter length of pull? I prefer about 12 1/ 2 inches. Maybe adjustable from about 12 inches to 13 1/2 inches?

I think that covers it but I am very much open to suggestions. Rifle will be used for club level prs type steel matches and some hunting use.

Thank you so much and any hope for a 4th of July sale? MBanning

Hello sir, I'd be able to help. With the short LOP the PRS can be a bit of a challenge with the inlaid lettering but not impossible.

I can get you some pics if you would like but I'll put a bit of info on each stock you mentioned.

T-6A/ This is a great hybrid stock that is very similar to the EH-1A when done in the Elite Tac layup. It has a thinner forend compared to our other Tac stocks but still gives good contact area on bags and barricades. Also I would note it clamps into HOG Saddles and similar things well. Feels good in the hand as well. It will have a thumb/finger groove on each side where the EH-1A will have texture. Another note between the 2 is the T-6A has an EFR flair. This stock isn't ideal for the MPA rail but can work with many others.

PRS-2 will have a similar fore-end but will be squared up a bit more and has a flat fore-end that is straight from the DBM area all the way to the end. The fore-end on this stock tapers down. If you are wanting to run some of the rails that are popular these days it has proven to work very well.

T-2A GAP-/this is a new one that is looking to be very popular. It takes the concept of the completely flat bottom like the PRS stocks for riding bags and using rails. It features the wider beavertail fore-end that is popular with many of our tactical stocks. It can be had with an EFR if you would like as well. It offers plenty of meat for most any bbl/rail combo you might want to run. One nice feature about the larger fore-ends is you can push your scoped rifle into the corner of a barricade and the stock lines match the bell of the scopes most of the time and allows you to push with equal contact from the scope and the stock to prevent it from wanting to cant.

EH-1A/ A very nice hybrid stock that is just as much at home on the range as it is in the field. It has a narrower front end that can still fit a larger diameter bbl. It handles nice and feels good in the hand but still rides bags and props well. We have some top shooters in the PRS that use this as a trainer and a varmit rifle. It is a flatter bottom than most hunting stocks as it was designed from the ground up as a long range precision hunting stock.It can handle some of the hardware found in comp rigs and is a great stock if you could only have one rifle.

Hope this info helps and maybe saved Mr. Tom some typing :)

my e-mail is [email protected] if you would like for me to send you any pics.

If I can be of any service I am always more than happy to help out on anything Manners. I have been honored to work with Mr. Tom and look forward to helping out any way I can.

Thanks,

Robert

Reactions: MBanning
tmanners:

do you think a Junior shooter could benefit from your CS stock?

I was thinking about a CS stock butt end and a PRS (flat) forend so that I could put a long dovetail rail (HRD or Area 419) and have my son start shooting matches with me. His length of pull is only 9.25" inches right now. I'm not sure that he'd get a proper cheek weld on a full size (top to bottom) stock even though it has a shorter LOP.

What are your thoughts?
Hello sir, I'll share my thoughts. The MCS-CS would make a great youth stock that would allow them to compete or just have a blast at the range. It has 9 solid lock-up points but only goes down to 10.5" I believe. Hopefully he would be able to grow into that pretty soon. We are doing the same stock through GAP that uses spacers rather than the hardware if that interests you. If he wanted to go with a traditional stock we could do it but the PRS isn't the best choice as the side of the rear has an indentation with MCS inlaid into it. It would make matching the pad a challenge but not impossible. The Area 419 rail might stick out the front more than normal but should work fine. If you would like for me to check that I'd be more than happy to do so. Just e-mail me @ [email protected] if so and I'll make it happen. If you need anything else don't hesitate to get with me there. I will see it faster than here.

Thanks,

Robert

Anyone have an idea of how long it generally takes to have a bottom fore end rail inletted?
Hi Chadrp, it will depend on the type of the rail. we usually like to install a carbon fiber barrel channel if we need to cut the backbone out of the stock. Shoot me a PM with you contact info I will give you a buzz. thank you very much,

Tom,

I posted a thread in another section earlier today in regards to fitment concerns. A couple months back I placed an order for an EH1 with the intent of building up a lightweight hunting rig with an existing Rem700 action that I had in the safe. That changed recently when I bought a Seekins Havak action. Instead of buying a new stock for it, I was hoping that the Havak would drop in as it is advertised as a Rem700 bluprint. My concerns are with the added material in front of the integral recoil lug and the low sitting side bolt release. I believe that the side bolt release won't be that big of a hassle to sort out but I was concerned with modifying the mini chassis at all. Have you had customers in a similar situation before? I looked through your list of stocks but didnt see one specifically for the Havak. What do you recommend?

Also, can't believe I've been a member of this site and the owner of a T4A and never found this thread (probably because I spend 90% of my time in the classifieds, ha!). Thanks again for putting out a great product.

Tom,

I posted a thread in another section earlier today in regards to fitment concerns. A couple months back I placed an order for an EH1 with the intent of building up a lightweight hunting rig with an existing Rem700 action that I had in the safe. That changed recently when I bought a Seekins Havak action. Instead of buying a new stock for it, I was hoping that the Havak would drop in as it is advertised as a Rem700 bluprint. My concerns are with the added material in front of the integral recoil lug and the low sitting side bolt release. I believe that the side bolt release won't be that big of a hassle to sort out but I was concerned with modifying the mini chassis at all. Have you had customers in a similar situation before? I looked through your list of stocks but didnt see one specifically for the Havak. What do you recommend?

Also, can't believe I've been a member of this site and the owner of a T4A and never found this thread (probably because I spend 90% of my time in the classifieds, ha!). Thanks again for putting out a great product.

I posted below, here is a recap to your post here.

Hi TRD1911, Glens Havak action is very close to the 700 in many cases. We do inlet for them but I know that it is a totally different inlet than the 700 because of size and shape. I am not a 100% sure that it will work with our DBM mini chassis. Even with the trigger bosses and flats under the show line, it still should bolt up fine, but if I remember correctly I think that the havak has a bottom mag port cut that is moved forward about .050" from a standard Remington specs. Iam not sure if the mag will line up correctly in that cut. Shoot me a pm with your contact info and build number of your stock. I will check in the meantime and should have a answer for you.

If it was a bedded stock with glens bottom metal it would not be a problem at all, I will come up with some options for you.

Thank you very much,

I posted below, here is a recap to your post here.

Hi TRD1911, Glens Havak action is very close to the 700 in many cases. We do inlet for them but I know that it is a totally different inlet than the 700 because of size and shape. I am not a 100% sure that it will work with our DBM mini chassis. Even with the trigger bosses and flats under the show line, it still should bolt up fine, but if I remember correctly I think that the havak has a bottom mag port cut that is moved forward about .050" from a standard Remington specs. Iam not sure if the mag will line up correctly in that cut. Shoot me a pm with your contact info and build number of your stock. I will check in the meantime and should have a answer for you.

If it was a bedded stock with glens bottom metal it would not be a problem at all, I will come up with some options for you.

Thank you very much,
Hi TRD1911, I verified a few measurements with Glen, we should be good to go with the Havak and mini chassis mag location. Thank you

Those of you who ordered stock with the two sling studs..

Is there a picatinny rail that will fit the sling stud spacing?

They typically space them at Badger Bipod Accessory Rail spacing (3.25"). I know because that's what I ordered but I forgot to order the Badger rail.

I also had them add a couple more threaded inserts so I can put on an Area419 rail if I feel like it. Two of those threads worked for my Atlas BT15 rail which I threw on so I could shoot it yesterday but it looks goofy as hell with the bipod that far back. My Badger rail should be here tomorrow.

Those of you who ordered stock with the two sling studs..

Is there a picatinny rail that will fit the sling stud spacing?
Yes sir! The Atlas BT-17 will fit it as well as the Badger BAR. We use the same t-nuts and threads for either so the rail and the machine screws and you're set. We maintain the same spacing but we start the rails 1" from the tip and the sling studs 2". That way if you use a Harris bipod you have sufficient room to mount it. If you have trouble sourcing a rail shoot us an e-mail or give us a call, we'll be glad to help you out.

Chad is also correct. The Area 419 and new Hawkins rail should both work and the quality is top notch on both!

I’m just chasing some info for the next build. Does anyone know if the PRS stocks can be made to accommodate for the Surgeon 1581 XL repeater action?

I’m just chasing some info for the next build. Does anyone know if the PRS stocks can be made to accommodate for the Surgeon 1581 XL repeater action?
The PRS isn't a great choice for that build as the bottom tapers down and will get thin with the DBM inlet. The single shot would be no problem though but I understand that won't be as popular. The rest of the T-Series handles them well though. We do have an option called the XL Triple shell just for this action due to it's size and shape. That option can be had on any of the stocks.

That's awesome! That's the new Tikka model too I see. Do you care if we share this pic? It's pretty sweet.

Hell yeah man, no problem! I just got the Badger rail installed up front yesterday so the bipod mounts all the way forward now. I'm shooting a match Saturday so I'll get some better pics then.

FYI, this is Jared in Bozeman, thanks again for your help all through the process.

And I'll say it again, congrats on your King of 2 Mile title!!

Reactions: RobertB
The PRS isn't a great choice for that build as the bottom tapers down and will get thin with the DBM inlet. The single shot would be no problem though but I understand that won't be as popular. The rest of the T-Series handles them well though. We do have an option called the XL Triple shell just for this action due to it's size and shape. That option can be had on any of the stocks.

Thanks for the info mate. I might just save the issues and stick with the original thought of using a defiance deviant and the MCS mini chassis because I want to use this particular stock.

Basically right at the quoted 5 months. Freaking pumped!

Have you shot the rifle yet with the new stock? It appears to have to new tikka chassis and I was wondering whether your groups got any better? I guess that also depends on what kind of stock and bedding you had before as well

Have you shot the rifle yet with the new stock? It appears to have to new tikka chassis and I was wondering whether your groups got any better? I guess that also depends on what kind of stock and bedding you had before as well
Just curious as I have two on order and I am really hoping it may help my already greag shooting CTR,
Nice looking rig by the way love the stock!

That's awesome! That's the new Tikka model too I see. Do you care if we share this pic? It's pretty sweet.

Looks fantastic - I just ordered one of these in Australia via Ignition Custom Engineering, mine is a lefty though and I've gone for your new Artic Molded colour. I figure it will arrive early next year but looking forward to it - I don't think there are any of the new Tikka stocks over here yet.

Order placed feb 28th and got my call today that it was complete! A Little shy of 5 months and I’m pumped as I have waited for up to a year in the past I think MCS is doing a great job of getting these stocks turned around quicker. Will post pics when I receive it, as I’m pretty sure it’s the first stock of certain components

I ordered Feb. 7th. How'd you get ahead of me? I expect it's getting closer.......

Hi, Tom. Floyd told me it would be ready over a week ago. So I called again a few days ago to get updated, Andreia told me it would be about ready by Friday(yesterday).. order #41580. I 'spect I'll be hearing from you guys purty quick Thanks!

Hi, Tom. Floyd told me it would be ready over a week ago. So I called again a few days ago to get updated, Andreia told me it would be about ready by Friday(yesterday).. order #41580. I 'spect I'll be hearing from you guys purty quick Thanks!
Hello, I just checked on your order and I show that it's in the final finishing dept so it should be popping out very soon. I have a note here on the production depts. desk to check on that and make sure it moves along to shipping.

Hello sir, I just got word back this morning that we are still on track for shipping this week. I show it to be paid so you should receive a UPS tracking number around 4PM Central one evening. Feel free to get in touch with me if you need anything.

MacMillan lead times no better. Too many long range shooters out there LOL

Reminds me of when cigars got popular 20 years ago....could not buy a decent cigar without waiting months.

Reactions: RobertB
Too many long range shooters out there LOL

Reminds me of when cigars got popular 20 years ago....could not buy a decent cigar without waiting months.
Hi Guys, we do our best to balance customer orders and ready to ship / flat top stocks ready to go on our web page. Inventory is updated daily, with new product added weekly which usually goes pretty quick. I think as of today, there are about 35 fully inleted ready to go and couple dozen flat tops. These are usally basic inlets with a good balance of variety. Thank you very much,

If I could ever find a flat top or ready to ship tactical in clear/elite I would jump on it.
One month into my second T6A elite build.