• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Customer Service

357magag

357MAGAAG
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2013
Sulphur Springs TX
Had anyone else experienced horrible customer service?
When you buy a new $1700 stock and it gets shipped back to them because its folder is loose.
I cant even get them to call or email back. Last communication with them they couldnt find it.

Have a good friend whos manners cracked with the same type of follow up.
They promise the world when initially co ntact them but then they turn into ghost on you

I have 3 manners stocks. All are excellent and I experiened good service from them on 2 occasions when I changed options on an ordered stock. I have generally read positive posts on here about them. When I emailed them I always got a response within a day.

I have two Manners stocks and both are excellent, the first one had a minor inlet issue and Tom Manners called me personally several times to make sure is was taken care of, I sent stock and barreled action to him and it was squared away and sent back to me within a week. You just don't ever get the owner of a company to call you and personally make things right. as far as I'm concerned Manners has the best customer service I have ever dealt with, they also make the best stock money can buy.

Sounds like they're not living up to their reputation.
Call and email them daily.
Report back here too please.

Have had one Manners stock. Got a couple small scratches from my wedding ring and wanted to paint over it. On a whim, emailed them and within a few days had two bottles of their two part epoxy/paint at my doorstep. Free of charge. No issues at all getting them on the phone and the lady I spoke with was super nice.

I'm going to say something that will be largely unpopular although there are quite a few that will agree as well. Their CS isn't stellar and their office people for the most part suck with the exception of a select few. Tom, however, is fantastic and will bend over backwards to make things right and help you. You need to skip the front office and go to Tom. Their growth has been difficult for them it seems and there have been obvious growing pains. He's a great guy, he is great CS and he has great products, what ends up derailing it all is when his employees drop the ball, that includes those who are actually building the stocks often times.

Short story, Tom is great. Get in touch with Tom.

Don’t own a Manners stock, have no experience with their CS.

But on the old Hide (pre-Scout), I remember similar complaints with poor CS. In each case Tom responded personally and offered to assist. Unless something dramatic has changed, I’m sure he’ll do so again.

But it begs the question, why does a paying customer have to resort to these extremes? And that goes for any company.

Reactions: shoobe01 and PDXGS
My second stock was ordered in the group buy, I’ve sent 3 emails with questions all have been promptly answered with helpful info within 24 hours. My experience with their customer service has met expectations with both orders. Bummed that your experience is different, I suspect Tom will jump in tomorrow and move things in the right direction

I had a folder on a 223 and it too wobbled, so contacted manners and they asked me to ship it back to them. They went dark for ~ 3-4 weeks, then it turned up fixed. Yeah they didnt reply much during that 3-4 week period to VMs or emails, but the stock came back fixed.

Manners stocks are the best in the business. Very innovative and extremely strong, as well as good looking. Tom Manners is a shooter and has listened to the needs and wants of competitive shooters with new products that blow away even his earlier products however... like many, many that cater to the shooting sports, his company has a tendency to over promise on especially on shipping times. I’ve had a stock repaired there once and Tom rebedded it even though it wasn’t a manufacturer defect.
I’m a loyal user of Manners stocks however I try to find one in stock or in the PX section here. I’m too impatient to wait. One thing that lots of shooting businesses could learn is the rule “under promise and over deliver”. That rule has kept me out of trouble lots of times.

A while back, they sent me a stock with the wrong inlet. Sent it back, waited patiently but heard nothing for six months. Give 'em a call and the surly woman on the phone said that they never received the stock. Call them back with the delivery details and the name of the person who signed for it and the same woman snaps at me telling me she didn't have time to look for it. They finally do find the stock and re-cut it and ship it back to me. Guess what? Inlet was still wrong. I do get an email from Mr. Manners after I inform them of their ineptitude but it shouldn't take the owner of the company having to step in with the frequency that he seemingly has to. Too many other (dependable) stock and chassis makers these days to for me to waste any more time on them.

Last week is probably the worst time to hear back from anyone in any industry. Try again this week

FWIW... This isn't a complaint. I've just completed an experience w/ Manners CS. I sent my T4A to them to be inlet for an Ingenuity rail (and to have additional carbon fiber laid in the barrel channel as part of the service, to help stiffen the stock more).

I talked to Manners on the phone twice - once to confirm arrival (I didn't send payment info, and kind of figured they'd call to get that info pretty quickly, but didn't... no biggie, either way). I sent an email asking the same question, but didn't get a response, so I called a few days later.

Then, a second call just this past week to find out an ETA on the stock - they'd had it for 6 weeks at that point. Turns out, they were waiting to find out if I wanted the newly applied CF in the barrel channel painted a color to match the ATACS FG hydro on the outside of the stock. But - no one ever called me or emailed me to ask the question. I'm not sure how long the stock would've sat there if I hadn't called, so I'm glad that I did.

On both occasions, the person on the other end of the phone was extremely polite and helpful, and got me squared away quickly. My impression is that there's some sort of separation between "front of house" (sales, phone operators) and "back of house" (the guys doing the work), and maybe communication doesn't flow super smoothly between them. That could explain some of the issues you guys have seen, maybe?

I have dealt with Tom on two different stocks, and he always made sure everything was taken care of. Tom goes above and beyond on customer service. But some of the other people that work there are not real motivated to help out.

Had anyone else experienced horrible customer service?
When you buy a new $1700 stock and it gets shipped back to them because its folder is loose.
I cant even get them to call or email back. Last communication with them they couldnt find it.

Have a good friend whos manners cracked with the same type of follow up.
They promise the world when initially co ntact them but then they turn into ghost on you

hi 357mag, Shoot me a pm with your contact info and the original build number of stock, and I will get my hands on your stock and get you taken care of ASAP. I will also shoot you a pm. The shop was short staffed last week with the holiday and King of 2 mile match.
Thank you

Last edited:
I understand the frustration as well.

I just asked in the manners ba thread how long it usually takes to get a rail inletted. I was told 1-4 weeks when I called to see what I needed to do to send it in. I sent it in right away and mines been there 8-9 weeks now.

Now on the stock I have on order thru the group buy I have made a couple changes and it was quick and easy with no issues.

Last edited:
Manners has always had great customer service. Like any other company they are swamped with work. Be patient and ask for Robert or contact Tom here on the hide for the best service.

Reactions: snarkscarbine
Ive had 10 Manners stocks. The most recent one was a EH5A. There was an issue that was not the stock's fault, it was the actions fault. They had me sent the stock, and action back so they could fit the stock to it since it would be easier to modify than the action. Its the first time Ive ever used their customer service, but I can find much to complain about since they are fixing a problem that is not their fault.

Thanks Tom
PM Sent
I hope we can get this resolved.
Hi Derek, I got my hands on your stock this morning. Looks like the office got the return label back in on the 16th and it logged into the RE system of 6-20. The work on the hinge was completed last Tuesday, we disassembled cleaned and installed a .002 bigger pin and button. Folders will sometimes take a little longer to get thru the system as all staff does not work on them. It also has some scuffs on the finish so I will having them do a quick up touch up and recoat of the armor grip today. should be on its way to you in the next few days. I will give you a buzz here shortly. Thank you very much,

I think it’s great that a company owner is in tune enough with his customer base to have a problem resolved by 9am Monday morning after a holiday weekend. I’m excited to be a new customer of Manners. My 5 month wait for a stock is down to a few weeks.

I just stopped in there and they were very rude! Kept telling me to stop asking for The King!, and to stop calling him that. Sheesh.

Totally kidding of course, though I did stop in to congratulate Robert on a great match and a cool title.

I've always taken a personal approach to my interactions with vendors, so maybe that explains it, but I have never had anything but awesome interactions with Tom, MCS, or his staff. Plus, I got a picture holding the 45# winning rifle!

Reactions: kansas
I own one manner's stock and used it for a build with Mark at Accurate Ord. , it ended up getting a small chip in the front of the stock during shipping. Sent it over to manners who fixed it promptly and you can't even tell where it occured. Very cordial and good communications. Im not one to sugar coat things but I'd not hesitate to buy another.
If you don't own one or haven't dealt with them personally I don't think one should be "throwing stones" to speak....
Anyway's keep'm in the X

Guys , you have it easy in the USA getting firearms components ! Manners Stocks are supplied
through APRS in Australia , and due to order consolidation ( shipping when order volume is large
enough ) , it’s not unusual to wait 6 - 10 months . Despite this , several of my rifles wear Manners
stocks , which are my favourite go to composite stock .

Reactions: b6graham
I have a short list of companies and dealers I trust completely---Manners is at the top of them. Best in the business. I am nobody--no competition circuit name or impressive service record or anything. I just shoot a metric ton of prairie dogs and apparently serve my fellow mankind by being one of the guys at comps others beat up on. I don't have big budgets and whenever I spend money its hard earned and sorely missed....lol
And manners stocks still always treated me like I was their top customer

My experience with Manners CS is excellent. I bought a T6A from EuroOptic, when the stock arrived I notice it had the two front swivel studs missing. Called EuroOptic and they told me to send pictures of the stock (stupid thing because if I wanted to deceived them just removing the swivels from the stock would be easy) After they received the picture they told me they will be contacting Manners to solve the problem. I never wait for them (EuroOptic) and contacted Manners myself. Afetr explaining my situation their answer was, "could you please give us your mailing address?, we are sending some swivel studs at no charge to you inmediatly" Three days later I had 6 swivel studs in my mailbox. That's what I call an outstanding CS. Since that day Manners gained another lifetime customer.

Reactions: stereo.pete
I have had great experiences with Manners. One time Tom Manners picked up the phone and we talked for about twenty minutes and he answered all of my questions. Another time I got one of the guys on the phone from the shop. He gave me his name and told me to call him after I placed my order and he would ensure that everything I needed would be done exactly as I wanted. This seems strange.
Bang

I've ordered and dealt with Manners for years and have nothing but great things to say. I've never had a problem with a stock and communication has been prompt and courteous. I'm sorry that your experience does not mirror mine but Tom and company will make things right.

I’ve seen many of these threads pop up. I have 2 manners stocks and will continue to purchase more. What I don’t get is why Tom has amazing customer service but the rest of his team may not. I’m not talking from experience but what people post in threads...just some pennies

Reactions: shoobe01
I guess I'll be honest and say that I think its silly when someone posts a thread about not being able to get in touch with Manners for multiple weeks through emails and phone calls, and then when Tom replies and gets them taken care of, everyone here is like "OMG that is great customer service!".

Don't get me wrong, I think its great that Tom has a presence here and takes care of his customers on personal basis such as this, but what happens to the people that aren't members of the forums who can't start a thread and get Tom's attention? The best way to reach Manners' CS should be by calling their contact phone number or leaving them an email, not through online community forums. I get that things slips through the cracks, but there are more than a handful of these similar threads/posts.

I have spoken with Tom a few times (I have a T4A) and he has been very helpful and he is a genuinely good guy who cares about his customers. That said, I agree with the above poster that Manners' CS as a whole could probably use some improvement.

Reactions: PDXGS
My limited experiences with Manners have all been positive. Dealt with Robert. The phone is answered everytime i called during normal business hours. Robert went out of his way to physically locate an “in stock” stock to ensure it was a long action - it was marked LA inlet and SA chasis. He found it quickly and return my call with good news. The price was revised and actually lower than marked.
Process my order and had it shipped the same day. Couldnt ask for better.

Last edited:
I have never had any dealings with Manner's customer service but i did meet Tom at the Kahles match and i will say this he was one of the nicest most approachable people I have ever met. He personally thanked me for running his equipment. I had a very enjoyable conversation about how he got into the stock business and even discussed a crack in my stock that he wanted to repair. Overall, after my experience with Tom as well as some of the team members i am a huge fan of the company. Give them a chance to make the situation right i am confident they will.