• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners LRH Discussion

How’s the weight? I’m looking to sale my 737r for an nbk to drop some weight on the hunting rig once i switch the prs2 out for the LRH
Impact NBK action is 8 ounces lighter than a regular Impact 737R on my postal scale

If there's a list for the full length rail I want in on it as well at the quick adjust cheek piece. I run my riser's at 1" tall and can't remove my bolt without removing the cheek piece first and it's a pain in the butt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: nrspence
11.48 with can on, bipod and Magpul 5 rnd mag.
Damn what can are you running? I’m trying to hit that 10lb mark with my proof build but i went impact so I’m gonna have to get an nbk. Looks like antiX or titanium would be the only way to get there with my setup. My AMG is about the same weight as the mark 5. Supposed i could grab another LHT. But i love my AMG

Damn what can are you running? I’m trying to hit that 10lb mark with my proof build but i went impact so I’m gonna have to get an nbk. Looks like antiX or titanium would be the only way to get there with my setup. My AMG is about the same weight as the mark 5. Supposed i could grab another LHT. But i love my AMG
It's an old Gemtech Sandstorm Titanium

Reactions: BurtG
Is there only one standard barrel channel with the LRH? Reading @RobertB 's post it sounds like that's the case, but playing around on the stock builder on the manners site there's a drop down for the barrel as well as the length of the straight shank.

Edit: just a quick browse through the parts exchange answered my question. Looks like custom inlets available.

Last edited:
Curious if anyone else has had this issue.
Remington 700 SA in 6.5prc
Hawkins hunter M5 bottom metal
Hawkins hunter prc/Saum mag

It looks like the bottom metal inletting is a little far forward, about 1/8” of the 6.5prc round nose is getting caught under the receiver/feed ramp.

I’ve read some talk about notching the feed ramp but also think this shouldn’t be an issue. In it’s previous EH2 I had a Wyatt’s extended mag and it fed fine.

It looks like the bottom metal inletting is a little far forward, about 1/8” of the 6.5prc round nose is getting caught under the receiver/feed ramp.

I’ve read some talk about notching the feed ramp but also think this shouldn’t be an issue. I’m it’s previous EH2 I had a Wyatt’s extended mag and it fed fine.
I have the standard Hawkins M5 BM, with a rem 700 clone. Mine feeds great with accurate mags.

I’ve read some talk about notching the feed ramp but also think this shouldn’t be an issue. In it’s previous EH2 I had a Wyatt’s extended mag and it fed fine.

Ran into that issue with a defiance, Standard 700 pattern SA actions are set up for BDL floor plates and 2.8” COAL mags. In order to get the 2.95 most actions have to be notched in the feed ramp unless they were specifically designed to only run from a DBM at which point the feed ramp was shortened.

Once we did that the rifle ran smooth with no feeding issues.

Reactions: clark33
Has anyone thought about ordering theirs with one of the Badger mlok rails and adding an arca that way? I’m about to order and considering options.

Has anyone thought about ordering theirs with one of the Badger mlok rails and adding an arca that way? I’m about to order and considering options.
I sent them a 10” Arcalock rail to mount on mine when I got my first one. I think they’re about to release the longer Arca rail option, that’s the way I would go if doing it over again now.

Attachments

• 5C529B95-5DAE-4EB9-ABB7-5801B775E06D.jpeg
    5C529B95-5DAE-4EB9-ABB7-5801B775E06D.jpeg
    468.1 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Matt_3479
I sent them a 10” Arcalock rail to mount on mine when I got my first one. I think they’re about to release the longer Arca rail option, that’s the way I would go if doing it over again now.

Sharp rifle. I wouldn’t want an arca on there all the time tho as it’ll primarily be a deer rifle. I think the mlok rail would allow me the flexibility to put on a picatinny/bipod, arca or whatever else.

Been running this lrh for a year now, been really enjoying it. Has a lower height from center of bore to bottom of arca, then my prs1 which makes it feel more planted. I also like how the bottom is parallel to the barrel.

Unfortunately this lrh doesn’t have a mini chassis, but my next one will. The stock being so lightweight (36oz), it allows you to add weight where you want it.

Attachments

• 9C3635F9-DF75-4E24-AD32-FE162BF0BEC3.jpeg
    9C3635F9-DF75-4E24-AD32-FE162BF0BEC3.jpeg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 272
Is the full length rail going to be like the stubby one and not wrap and the bottom metal on a long action, thus making the unsightly gap, or are you going to offer one for the long action that makes it look finished?
Curios, anyone have pics of this "unsightly gap"?

I'm going to order a LRH for an Origin LA during their sale and even though I'm going to order either way, I'm curious what this person is talking about.

Also, looks like the new full length ARCA rail is still not available via the online order system.

Curios, anyone have pics of this "unsightly gap"?

I'm going to order a LRH for an Origin LA during their sale and even though I'm going to order either way, I'm curious what this person is talking about.

Also, looks like the new full length ARCA rail is still not available via the online order system.
Look at post #69. If that doesn't show you what you want let me know and I'll pay you a better pic when I'm home

Not true. The LA has a gap. I'm away from the house hunting with a different gun or I could show you, but there's already pics in the thread.
Gotcha. I also remember in this thread someone complaining about the gap on a rail someone had cut to fit around the magwell. My bad if I misled. Not familiar with the long action setup at all.

So this is how the SA stocks look:

MCS-EHLRH-ET-High-Plains-1.jpg

But this is how the LA rifles look, even with the "oem" rail from Manners on there... correct?

(Taken from post #69):

snapchat-1401323650-jpg.7928655
The Area419 rail is not from Manners nor did they have anything to do with it. I bought the rail and had a buddy mill it out to fit around the bottom metal like the short one that comes from Manners. It's not perfect looking but functions perfectly and all I care about since you can't get a full length arca rail for it yet. Yes that is on my long action LHT.

UPDATE: We got the first batch of 30 full length arca rails in and I will be posting some pics of it here soon.

We plan on selling them for $100 if you want it standalone. If you want it added to an order it will be either $30 or $50. ($30 IIRC) due to you won't need the shorter one or any other mount. I haven't gone out to shoot with it yet but so far I like it. Doesn't add much weight and fits nicely. The 1/4 -20 mounting should keep it rock solid which is a must in my book. I plan on using it with my Area 419 bipod and tripod mounts to see how well it works. I expect it to be great as that's the standard we used and will be reporting back with weights and pics here soon.

The Area419 rail is not from Manners nor did they have anything to do with it. I bought the rail and had a buddy mill it out to fit around the bottom metal like the short one that comes from Manners. It's not perfect looking but functions perfectly and all I care about since you can't get a full length arca rail for it yet. Yes that is on my long action LHT.
Yeah I get that - I posted your pic because @KineticPerformance referenced it as to the gap on the LA stocks vs the short actions.

UPDATE: We got the first batch of 30 full length arca rails in and I will be posting some pics of it here soon.

We plan on selling them for $100 if you want it standalone. If you want it added to an order it will be either $30 or $50. ($30 IIRC) due to you won't need the shorter one or any other mount. I haven't gone out to shoot with it yet but so far I like it. Doesn't add much weight and fits nicely. The 1/4 -20 mounting should keep it rock solid which is a must in my book. I plan on using it with my Area 419 bipod and tripod mounts to see how well it works. I expect it to be great as that's the standard we used and will be reporting back with weights and pics here soon.

Hey Robert, if I use the online builder this weekend (to take advantage of the sale) will I have a chance to modify my order to include this after the fact? My last order had some back and forth with someone over there, so I assume I will - but figured I'd ask since you're posting here. Thanks!

Yeah I get that - I posted your pic because @KineticPerformance referenced it as to the gap on the LA stocks vs the short actions.

Hey Robert, if I use the online builder this weekend (to take advantage of the sale) will I have a chance to modify my order to include this after the fact? My last order had some back and forth with someone over there, so I assume I will - but figured I'd ask since you're posting here. Thanks!
Yes, that's easy! This will just be an option to your order.

When you get your approval email back just respond back that you want to add the full length rail. It should be no issue. Let me know if I can help in any way!

I’m down for one as soon as they are available. Be nice to have at the hunter match this January in AZ.

Yeah I get that - I posted your pic because @KineticPerformance referenced it as to the gap on the LA stocks vs the short action
His still has the gap I'm talking about which is from the end of the rail to the belly of the stock and shows your bottom metal because Manners only made a mold for the SA. The new rail will still have it because the inlet hasn't changed and they aren't making a rail with a deeper cut for the long action. You can mill a rail to flush fit but they aren't doing that because it probably doesn't make sense based on the ratio of SA:LA they sell. I'm not sure they ever intended to offer this in LA but demand was there .

Reactions: R_Swanson
His still has the gap I'm talking about which is from the end of the rail to the belly of the stock and shows your bottom metal because Manners only made a mold for the SA. The new rail will still have it because the inlet hasn't changed and they aren't making a rail with a deeper cut for the long action. You can mill a rail to flush fit but they aren't doing that because it probably doesn't make sense based on the ratio of SA:LA they sell. I'm not sure they ever intended to offer this in LA but demand was there .
I'm tracking. Would be nice if it was flush but that won't stop me from getting one.

Not sure where to ask this question so I’ll start here. I just got a LRH short action with a mini chassis and went to drop a Christensen Arms Ridgeline into it, but the recoil lug seems to be about a 1/16” deeper than the chassis. What’s the proper way to fit it? Should the recoil lug be milked down a little or mill down the chassis? I tried to put the barreled action into an old Stocky’s stock and it still rocked on the recoil lug.

Not sure where to ask this question so I’ll start here. I just got a LRH short action with a mini chassis and went to drop a Christensen Arms Ridgeline into it, but the recoil lug seems to be about a 1/16” deeper than the chassis. What’s the proper way to fit it? Should the recoil lug be milked down a little or mill down the chassis? I tried to put the barreled action into an old Stocky’s stock and it still rocked on the recoil lug.
Hmm, that's interesting. Never tried putting a CA in one but it sounds like they are using a much taller recoil lug.

Neither option is bad but I would make sure to go slow on whichever one you choose.

Manners just shipped my LRH, it'll be a bit before I can answer. I got the mini chassis and will probably do a Hawkins AICS bottom metal and run a flush fit mag or PMAG for hunting.
The hawkins m5 hunter dbm and flush fit mag are awesome for hunting. Makes Standing off hand shots alot more comfortable and the fit and finish are excellent

Hmm, that's interesting. Never tried putting a CA in one but it sounds like they are using a much taller recoil lug.

Neither option is bad but I would make sure to go slow on whichever one you choose.
Ok, thanks. I was going to let someone else do it, I make my living with a hammer and pipe wrench so fine detailed work doesn’t come naturally to me.

• Haha
Reactions: RobertB
The hawkins m5 hunter dbm and flush fit mag are awesome for hunting. Makes Standing off hand shots alot more comfortable and the fit and finish are excellent
I agree, also works well when shooting off a bag if your rifle balances further to the rear.

Has anyone dropped an ARC Nucleus LA in an LRH yet? Any fitment issues?

Has anyone dropped an ARC Nucleus LA in an LRH yet? Any fitment issues?
I put a Archimedes LA in a lrh m5 mini chassis with the Hawkins hunter bm and mag. Fit was absolutely flawless and feeds perfect. Nucleus would be the same imo

Reactions: clark33
@RobertB any updates on the carbon full length arca rail? I saw something a while back but hadn’t heard anything for a while

Reactions: BurtG
@RobertB any updates on the carbon full length arca rail? I saw something a while back but hadn’t heard anything for a while
No update. They made some but that was it. I still have the original carbon chassis that also worked very well hoping to get that project going too.

I don't think we were against doing either but the craziness of orders rolled in about that time and we focused on production so they never saw the light but I hope it's something we'll see. I however have seen these aluminum rails and know they are going out pretty quick!

Reactions: Nics00ss
No update. They made some but that was it. I still have the original carbon chassis that also worked very well hoping to get that project going too.

I don't think we were against doing either but the craziness of orders rolled in about that time and we focused on production so they never saw the light but I hope it's something we'll see. I however have seen these aluminum rails and know they are going out pretty quick!
So can we order the aluminum full length rails now?

Carbon arca rail and carbon chassis!? Sounds awesome!

Hmm didn’t see them on the website. I guess I’ll call on Monday.
They wouldn't be. I would think they are going up pretty soon. We may hold off as I think we are going to sell them as we get them for a bit. Once we get caught up and can keep them we would add them. I know we got 30 in and I have like 50 people saying they want one! We are already in line for more but not sure how long it will take to get caught up to the initial demand.

Reactions: nrspence
Hopefully when the carbon chassis is available the Arctic will be available again too. Until then…order placed for a back in black LRH with M5 minim chassis. Can’t wait.

Reactions: Simonsza1
Hopefully when the carbon chassis is available the Arctic will be available again too. Until then…order placed for a back in black LRH with M5 minim chassis. Can’t wait.
Don't get your hopes up too high for the Artic carbon. Sounding like they will want a bunch of money to do it again and the min order is outrageous. We are considering it, but would never want to charge a lot more for something that is basically the same.

I hope what you’re calling a lot more is what I would call a bit lol. Cuz I would pay a bit more for Arctic. My EH-1 in Arctic just blows me away. I won’t hold my breath, but the day it’s available again is the day I’d order up replacement stocks.

I put an order in for an LRH recently as well.
The only thing I'm a little concerned about is how comfortable it'll be to carry in hand while hunting given the fatter squared off forend.
Those of you who've hunted with this stock what are your thoughts on carryability ?