• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners LRH Discussion

Thanks for posting, much more in line with what I was expecting to receive, especially having a t4a in same. Instead the below is what was shipped to me. Manners emailed to say that it’s their elite swamp and within spec but I could send it in and have paint added for $49. Less than impressed.
IMG_3563.jpeg

PS-great looking kit if yours!

Thanks for posting, much more in line with what I was expecting to receive, especially having a t4a in same. Instead the below is what was shipped to me. Manners emailed to say that it’s their elite swamp and within spec but I could send it in and have paint added for $49. Less than impressed.
View attachment 8264347

PS-great looking kit if yours!
I feel like I saw a post somewhere about Manners reducing the paint by “popular demand”. Am I the only one who thinks this looks like cheeks? They went from like 80% painted to “here’s a small dab it like two spots.” If people want an unpainted stock, I guess that’s cool but this business decision makes zero sense to me.

I asked for reduced paint on mine. I can't say that I got it or not but I like a little extra carbon showing through. I like how this one turned out. Not an LRH but...tac swamp from their EH1TK, I think it's the same paint scheme as elite swamp now.

Attachments

• 20231104_153449.jpg
    20231104_153449.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: IsaacL
They've definitely changed to using much less paint on their stocks in recent ones I've gotten vs a lot more paint in the past. Would be nice to request a certain percent.

They've definitely changed to using much less paint on their stocks in recent ones I've gotten vs a lot more paint in the past. Would be nice to request a certain percent.
Agreed. Something for everyone. ;)

Sea sponges and paint should get you there. If you request certain paint schemes and percentages of pain to carbon they will give it to you that way. I know that won't help you now but for posterity going forward

I am one who prefers more paint vs less on Manners stocks. When I made my most recent order I requested that my stock had paint like those that I had ordered in the past vs the newer stocks (with less paint) I was seeing photos of online. The build sheet that I approved had "heavy color" listed behind the color of choice. When the stocks arrived they looked like all the other Manners stocks I have ordered and I am happy with them.

I requested more paint on the two I ordered and did not get it. Had to send it back so they can sponge more on as per my original order. Barrel channels were also wrong.

I am one who prefers more paint vs less on Manners stocks. When I made my most recent order I requested that my stock had paint like those that I had ordered in the past vs the newer stocks (with less paint) I was seeing photos of online. The build sheet that I approved had "heavy color" listed behind the color of choice. When the stocks arrived they looked like all the other Manners stocks I have ordered and I am happy with them.
Good to know!

I have a CDG with a Carbon Proof Sendero (Not to be confused with their Sendero light). Will it fit? Anyone have this? Manners states on their website "up to M24". They appear to be very close. Am I going to be in trouble?

Which bottom metal is best for use with AW mags?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited:
I swapped my Impact 737 and Proof comp contour barrel into my LRH last night while it waits for my new Solus/PVA M24 combo to arrive. The LRH has just barely enough clearance for the comp contour. It clears thick paper, but not much more than that. I’d open it up if that was a long term config, but I just need to test some 6GT ammo and want more practice time on the LRH, so it’ll do for a few sessions.

It should have miles of room for any Sendero contour.

I’m using the basic DBM that came from Pure Precision for AW mags. Locks up snuggly with both my Impacts and Solus actions. But for “best”, I’d go for the MDT Precision DBM - the adjustable height mag catch will be super nice to have for tuning the fit to specific mags and actions.

I swapped my Impact 737 and Proof comp contour barrel into my LRH last night while it waits for my new Solus/PVA M24 combo to arrive. The LRH has just barely enough clearance for the comp contour. It clears thick paper, but not much more than that. I’d open it up if that was a long term config, but I just need to test some 6GT ammo and want more practice time on the LRH, so it’ll do for a few sessions.

It should have miles of room for any Sendero contour.

I’m using the basic DBM that came from Pure Precision for AW mags. Locks up snuggly with both my Impacts and Solus actions. But for “best”, I’d go for the MDT Precision DBM - the adjustable height mag catch will be super nice to have for tuning the fit to specific mags and actions.
That is great! I picked a LRH up at OTM yesterday. To my surprise there are quite a few available in a variety of places if you search for them online. With regards to the BDM, I got stuck at Hawkins and they are out of stock and not expecting anything to come in for another few months. I had no idea where else to look. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: 1911Shootist
12 months is NUTS!!! These are the 3 vendors that have them in stock (according to their website). I ordered mine last night from OTM. It shipped today. I'd buy one now and sell the one you are waiting for once it arrives if it were me.

I can tell you I didn't order another manners for my new vudoo v22! Mine is LH long action, etc, so I'm not likely to find it in stock. At this point how much longer can it be??

I have a CDG with a Carbon Proof Sendero (Not to be confused with their Sendero light). Will it fit? Anyone have this? Manners states on their website "up to M24". They appear to be very close. Am I going to be in trouble?

Which bottom metal is best for use with AW mags?

Any recommendations are appreciated.
Just finished putting together the rifle. Terminus Zeus SA QC, Proof CF Sendero prefit, TT R700 Special and APA RTG bottom metal. AW mag rides a bit high so will need to work on mag catch but absolutely zero complaints.

Reactions: vno.helix
She is starting to come together. LRH Plains (mini chassis) with ARC CDG, Pure Precision M5 & AW mag (no adjustment needed).She looks good, feels good. Trigger tech 2 stage added, action runs smooth, light lift on bolt. Distance to trigger is a little more then I like but acceptable. Manners 12 inch rail loosely attached. Holes line up nice in rear as well in the front with front stud hole (once removed) but did not come with any hardware to attach. So for now the front stud is holding it in place. I also need to find a low profile nut/plate for the inside for the middle hole once drilled. What do you use for this? Anyway, got some time to figure it out. Waiting for inbound Proof Sendero 6.5 CM.
IMG_3779.jpeg
IMG_3782.jpeg
IMG_3785.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Parham4020
The forend inlet should have a recess for another tee-nut like the front screw uses. I'd just mimic that and glue it in with some 5 minute epoxy.

These are what I used to replace the front stud with a short pic rail. 3/4" 8-32 screws finished it out without touching the barrel, might be different with the Atlas rail.

eta-I drilled a second hole to install the pic rail. Used the existing hole from the stud and added one behind it with the weld nut. Think I torqued it to 25 in/lbs without epoxy as I don't have reason to remove it. Has been fine since.

IMG_3811.jpeg

Mine came with an extra already glued in near the middle and a recess for a fourth closer to the front.

Call manners customer service and they will send you bolts and nuts for probably just shipping.

These are what I used to replace the front stud with a short pic rail. 3/4" 8-32 screws finished it out without touching the barrel, might be different with the Atlas rail.

eta-I drilled a second hole to install the pic rail. Used the existing hole from the stud and added one behind it with the weld nut. Think I torqued it to 25 in/lbs without epoxy as I don't have reason to remove it. Has been fine since.
- Thank you for the link. I had no clue what they are called.
- No extra slot/hardware in mine.
- Emailed Manners, they are sending me some hardware, awesome customer service!

Thanks for all the advice gentlemen. Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: uffduh
I'm about to place an order for an LRH. This may seem like a dumb question so I apologize in advance but I couldn't seem to track down the answer.

Is the forend of the stock flat or curved? I'm trying to decide between the Atlas BT-15 (curved) and the BT-17 (flat) rails (pics are attached for reference). Any opinions on which would better fit the forend of the LRH?

Attachments

• BT17_stock-IMG2-scaled.jpg
    BT17_stock-IMG2-scaled.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 21
  • BT15_stock-IMG2-scaled.jpg
    BT15_stock-IMG2-scaled.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 19
I'm about to place an order for an LRH. This may seem like a dumb question so I apologize in advance but I couldn't seem to track down the answer.

Is the forend of the stock flat or curved? I'm trying to decide between the Atlas BT-15 (curved) and the BT-17 (flat) rails (pics are attached for reference). Any opinions on which would better fit the forend of the LRH?
Go with the flat version.

Reactions: st1650 and 296

I have found either works in the end, decide on the length you want.

Reactions: 296
Would you prefer a pic rail instead of a full length arca rail?
I'm trying to add as little weight as possible so I figured the pic rail to be ideal.

I'm certainly open to suggestions...

Salmon river solutions comes to mind as being stupid light weight. You might take a look at those and see how you feel?

Reactions: R_A_W and 296

I run the BT17 on my LRH and would recommend it.

Last edited:

Hey man, we have both in stock but I like the 15 for that stock. The bottom ina flat but mine all have the 15 and are rock solid.

You can just order the stock with your choice of rail.

Hope this helps

@RobertB

Did y'all start doing different specific barrel inlets for LRHs?

IIRC, they were all a pretty wide/universal channel when the LRH first came out. I now see proof sendero, M24, etc under the ready to ship on your website

Mine is Tommy bahama if you want a up close picture.

I believe the mini chassis is for M5 only, but I would call Manners and confirm.
M5 obendorf fits regular m5 inlet, not bdl. Although I’ve not confirmed, it should fit. Hawkins regular and Hunter dbms fit great.

Reactions: Bryan W M