• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Mini Chasis Question

skeeter355

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2009
Bought a Rem 700 AAC-SD with a Manners T3 stock with mini chasis for a Hide member and have a question about torque settings. I couldn't find any info on their website so called Manners and the lady who answered the phone said 65 in lbs on front and 45 in lbs on back screw. So now after seeing some other guys saying to torque both screws to 65 in lbs I am wondering if I got some bad intel from Manners. What is the consensus?

Thanks, Skeeter

I was told from Manners and also my gunsmith the same thing 65 front 45 rear. I have 3 minichassis and all work great with recommended torque.

Bought a Rem 700 AAC-SD with a Manners T3 stock with mini chasis for a Hide member and have a question about torque settings. I couldn't find any info on their website so called Manners and the lady who answered the phone said 65 in lbs on front and 45 in lbs on back screw. So now after seeing some other guys saying to torque both screws to 65 in lbs I am wondering if I got some bad intel from Manners. What is the consensus?

Thanks, Skeeter

IDK, but I did 65 on both mine on my T4......pretty sure thats what the directions that came with it said.

I've heard 65 front and 45 rear, and I've seen the video where Lowlight is torque'ing in a action to his chassis and does it at 65/65.

*shrugs*

Manners instructions say 65 & 45. The rear tang in the mini chassis is floating. If you do 65 on the rear your goin to put a lot of stress in the action. you need to skim bed the rear tang if you want to torque to 65

The mini-chassis is a "floating" tang...thus, they require you to torque the rear less than the front and in a specific order. Here's the instruction sheet straight from Manners and straight from the stock packaging....

2txw.jpg

Thanks for all the replys and also the Install sheet since I don't have one!

Skeeter

Skim bed it. Mine improved greatly with skim bedding. Shot solid .75" groups at 100-yards before skimming. After skimming my first five shot group was under .320" and that was with me throwing one. It will hold in the .3s all day long. Caliber is a 6.5CM.

Mark

When the first mini chassis were being mass produced, the instruction sheet that came with them said 65 inch pounds on both front and rear action screws. I have a couple of sheets that say this. Now, at some point down the road, it was changed to 65 front and 45 rear. I don't know when exactly, but I just know some of the stocks I've bought in the last year or so say 65/45. I've used them both ways and have no complaints either way.

I would go 60 inch pounds on both and call it good.

I did that and everything has been perfect on my end.

What is skim bedding exactly? Does it have to do with the rear tang only?

Thanks, Skeeter

I just got a T4-A and set it up 65 front and 45 rear. Went to the range and was getting two distinct groups, so evidently something was moving. Torqued both to 65 and all is good, at least with me. Still might skim bed the tang like on both of my AICS chassis.