• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners New Series of Stocks for 2012

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
First I would like to wish everyone a happy new year and hope you all had a good Christmass.

I am proud to introduce our new series of stocks for 2012. They are called the MCS-TF (Tactical Folder) series. Basically there are 4 versions of folding stocks TF1 through TF4.

The goal of this project was to create a lightweight, super strong folder stock, with a rock solid hinge lock up. We feel that we have got pretty close to that. The weights of the completed stocks are running from 4.5 to 4.8 lbs. If you run a mini chassis this will bring them up to about 4.9 to 5.3 lbs. For the guys that have been by or booth at shot show you probably had seen the prototype that we had last year. After going back to the drawing board, we have created a simpler, lighter weight hinge, with the same strength and rock solid lock up as the prototype. We had a lot of different request for different forends and butt sections, so instead of deciding on just one type, we are offering four. There are basically 2 different forends and 2 different butt sections that you can pick from to make up a total of four combinations.

The hinge is a combination of high strength chromoly steel and aluminum, which has been parkarized or hardcoated. It is manufactured by Badger Ordnance exclusively for us. The hinge itself is molded and cast into the stock shell, this means the shell wraps around the hinge, and there is no screws or attachment systems to become loose. For the hinge to fail, you would have to have a total loose of the shell structure. The hinge design itself is very simple and basic, once closed the back portion of the hinge wraps around and locks-up the front portion of the hinge to create a very rock-solid system. The latch system for the hinge is also very basic, it is designed to be self locking and allow for a super tight steel on steel lockup through wear life of the hinge. To open all that is needed is a push on the checkered button on the left side of the stock.

When the stock is folded it is held together by a very basic rock solid locking system. The system uses a standard flush cup on the left side of the stock. In the butt, there is a push button on the right side behind the cheek, when it is depressed; it extends the locking mechanism out the left side of the stock. It is just a simple push of the button to close the system. Once closed, the button sits about .250” below the surface of the stock so that it can not be accidentally depressed. The area around the button is also recessed to allow for use with gloves. To open all you need to do is give it another push. Once the stock is opened this locking mechanism retracts back into the stock so there is no protrusions to get hung up. If the system ever needs to be serviced in the field, it is a simple procedure, just remove an internal clip and put a new unit in.

All stocks will come standard with an adjustable cheek, full inlet, 1” decelerator pad and pillar set. The finish on these stocks will be offered in or molded in camos, or a molded in solid color finishes, all will have the armor grip. The inlets will be for all Remington based actions, win 70, savage and a few others. Once the web page is updated we will have be a complete list options and inlets posted. The molds and tooling are done, these stocks are the first production run of stocks. We will also have them on display at our Shot Show booth this year, so please stop by and take a look and ask all the questions that you want. We just got these stocks done this week and will officially start taking orders the week after the Show. This will give us time to get the office up to speed on all the details, so they will be able to answer your questions. In the meantime drop me a PM.

Thank you very much for all your support.
mcs-tf1-left.jpg
mcs-ft2-left.jpg
mcs-tf3-left.jpg
mcs-tf4-left.jpg
hinge3.jpg
folder-side.jpg
button-lockedup.jpg
folded-btm.jpg
button-extended.jpg
button-left.jpg

Re: Manners New Series of Stocks for 2012

Well gotta open yet another bank account to hide more dough from the wife.... Damn Tom these are awesome!!!

Oh snap I love me some folders

this stock makes sense !!! may require a raid on the piggy bank

Well thats friggin awesome!

will the mini chassis be an option on these?? im thinkiing thats pretty much perfection

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jpmuscle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">will the mini chassis be an option on these??</div></div>

Did you even read the thread or just look at the pretty pictures?

Damnit you would put this out right before I start assembling my rifle... Might have a NIB B&C hittin the For Sale section next week. any word on pricing yet Tom?

When I was visiting Tom last week he showed me some prottypes of these. Admittedly, I'm no expert on folding stocks, however I can vouch these stocks are VERY solid! I believe Tom has hit the ball out of the park with these products! Congrats Tom and Happy new year to you as well!

FU%# me, Manners is making folders now. Damn now I have to re-evaluate my stock requirements
smile.gif

But in all honesty, the stock and folder setup looks great! Im sure 2012 will be just as busy for MCS as 2011 was.

AS

I need a new project for this stock, lightweight folder sounds nice

Of course right after I get a regular t4 this comes out

I'm not a folding stock guy, but these are a very innovative system.

Glad to see them moving forward, I think they'll be a huge hit to the folder crowd.

I'm really liking that design, seems simple and it looks like you guys used a lot of common sense. This'll be a winner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadlift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crap!! Should have waited on the jp chassis.. </div></div>

Told ya to check these out
smile.gif

These things looks pretty damn awesome. Definitely have to consider one of these.

Looks like I found a stock for my 300wm build.

I'm personally not into folders but I understand its appeal to people who are. The design of these looks great and really well thought out. No doubt they will be awesome. I didn't see anything about price.

These look very nice! Any plans for special introductory pricing? I'd like to see how these are priced against the standard non-folders.

Will these be available for left hand actions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be available for left hand actions? </div></div> No problem on the left hand inlets. The stock is designed as a ambidextouris, the right and left are basically the same. We also designed the hinge so that it could be flipped for a true left hand stock down the road if we get a big enough demand for them. To make a true left hand folding stock that folds to the right, we would need to be make a set of new molds. The stock is actualy molded around the back of the hinge latch and around the hinge pivot areas. By doing it this way we do not have to mill the shell away in these areas, this makes for a much stronger stock. We also kept the pivot point of the hinge as close to the stock as we could to minamize the hinge protusion. The pivot point was also paced in the center of the grip, by doing this, the hinge protusion sits in the center of your hand, it is actually comfortable for a right hand shooter to shoot week hand. This also places the hinge latch button on the right side of the stock in the center of your grip, once in your hand you do not feel it at all. Thank you

Nice work Tom! Looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will these be available for left hand actions? </div></div> No problem on the left hand inlets. The stock is designed as a ambidextouris, the right and left are basically the same. We also designed the hinge so that it could be flipped for a true left hand stock down the road if we get a big enough demand for them. To make a true left hand folding stock that folds to the right, we would need to be make a set of new molds. The stock is actualy molded around the back of the hinge latch and around the hinge pivot areas. By doing it this way we do not have to mill the shell away in these areas, this makes for a much stronger stock. We also kept the pivot point of the hinge as close to the stock as we could to minamize the hinge protusion. The pivot point was also paced in the center of the grip, by doing this, the hinge protusion sits in the center of your hand, it is actually comfortable for a right hand shooter to shoot week hand. This also places the hinge latch button on the right side of the stock in the center of your grip, once in your hand you do not feel it at all. Thank you </div></div> I added a picture of the molded in area on the right side of the stock for the hinge latch area, should help explain above post. Thanks
button-folder.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GUNNER75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice work Tom! Looks great.
</div></div>Thanks Wade, we need to do a few beers at shot this year.

I've been hoping for it. Dang these are badass, I'm going to have to build another rifle just so I can get one of these.

Looks like I need a TF3. Will there be a mini chassis model for a Bighorn action?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like I need a TF3. Will there be a mini chassis model for a Bighorn action? </div></div>Yes we will offer them with the mini chassis as a option. We have 4 different chassis lengths, short 700, med templar s/a, long with standard mag and our new Long that takes the lapua CIP mags that will be out in a few weeks. I know that big horn has moved there bolt handel location back to the standard rem 700 location so that will no longer be a problem, but I would need to verify the recoil lug location. We also always try and keep a half dozen chassis in stock without the recoil lug cut in them, so we should be able to get you fixed up. Thank you

Thanks for the communication Tom. It's always good to see you on here.

YEAH TOM!!! Those are really awesome brother, I am glad you guys made something up like this.

Keep up the good work.

Jake

I presume the difference between TF1 & TF3 is one has a wider foregrip? The same for TF2 vs T4?

Any chance of getting one in a right hand version that folds to the right instead of the left? Also can a flush cup be added in the area of the receiver for a sling mount? That would allow me to carry the rifle with a flat side against my back instead of either the bolt or the folded portion of the stock in my back?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I presume the difference between TF1 & TF3 is one has a wider foregrip? The same for TF2 vs T4? </div></div> The TF1 / Tf2 are the same and the TF3 / TF4 are the same. Here are some better pictures, should help explain. Also the top of the forend on the TF1 / TF2 is flared out so that it will take the Badger EFR system, the forend on the TF3 / TF4 is wide enough with out the flare. Thank you
TF2-FORENDCLOSEUP.jpg
forend-t4style-1.jpg
mcs-tf4-btm.jpg
mcs-tf2-btm.jpg
ft1-forend.jpg

Tom these stocks are really awesome, I'm looking forward to putting my hands on them at SHOT!! I'm hoping you have some there!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any chance of getting one in a right hand version that folds to the right instead of the left? </div></div>We actualy mocked up a shell in this configurations, we moved the pivot point on the hinge close to the center of the stock which decresed the amount of protusion of the hinge on the right side, it actually fits in the center of the hand pretty good, but you could still feel it. I think you would be ok on a 308 but it might start to dig on a 338. The right side of the cheek also had a molded in area for the bolt handel.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maelstrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also can a flush cup be added in the area of the receiver for a sling mount? That would allow me to carry the rifle with a flat side against my back instead of either the bolt or the folded portion of the stock in my back? </div></div> It would probably need to be placed in the area between the mag and trigger. This way it would not protude into the mag box area. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom these stocks are really awesome, I'm looking forward to putting my hands on them at SHOT!! I'm hoping you have some there!!! </div></div> Yes will have one of each, plus a demo gun with a 13" surpressed barrel. Thank you

Looks like I'm late to the party. It would be nice to see one in person. How much more than the standard version?

Very cool Tom!
Are the forend styles on the TF1/2 going to be available on the T2/T4's any time in the future?

See you at SHOT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How much more than the standard version? </div></div>Once the web page gets updated next week, we will have a full list of options, avalible inlets and the pricing. There is a good fair amount of labor to these, plus the cost of extra material, hinge and latch hardware compaired to say like a standard T4A stock. With that said, the introductory base price of the folder will be around $895.00. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TDH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Introductory Group Buy? </div></div> At this time we have not set anyhing up, but as always I am sure that we will do one for the Hide Guys. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool Tom!
Are the forend styles on the TF1/2 going to be available on the T2/T4's any time in the future? </div></div> We are looking at doing a TF1 style forend in a non adjustable cheek T2 back, non folding stock. I think it would make a real nice light weight 90% stock. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool Tom!
Are the forend styles on the TF1/2 going to be available on the T2/T4's any time in the future? </div></div> We are looking at doing a TF1 style forend in a non adjustable cheek T2 back, non folding stock. I think it would make a real nice light weight 90% stock. Thank you </div></div>

You mean all these years of buggin you might pay off!
grin.gif
A MCS T forend with a T2 back would be the ulitmate LW hunting stock.

Its exactly what I have been waiting for , a shame , I cannot buy one , as the I live in NZ , and the Aussie dealer cannot import , as folders are banned in Australia .

Later Chris

Very nice!! i think these will fill a void in the market very well. Keep up the innovation!

TF1 forend with a MCST butt would be a good combination.