• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Sales/Customer Service - (Tom turned it around!)

davere

Double Oh Negative
Minuteman
Much as I like both of my Manners stocks, I think I might be done with them in terms of buying anything new. The latest incident... I bought a PRS-TCS last year, but didn't get it with the Sikes Clutch rail installed at the time. A couple months ago, I decided to move forward with it, and tried to place an order for the kit (knob and the rail - not an item sold in their online store - you have to contact them directly for the kit). They didn't have black knobs in stock, only orange, and couldn't take a back order. I was told to follow up when the online store showed black knobs in stock.

Six weeks later, black knobs back in stock. I follow up on my email to the Sales department, and I'm told "great, call us to place an order". Got no response to my voice mail, or two followup emails. Finally called again and got someone on the phone, and placed the order.

Clutch kit arrives. 4 of the 11 holes on the rail are undersize - the Clutch knob won't fit in them. The knob fits perfectly in all the GrovTec and MagPul QDs I have on my rifles, so it would seem the rail is at fault. Call Manners and explain the situation. Am told by the rep that he'll send a note somewhere, and his hope is that I'll receive a rail and a return label for the first rail.

I receive a package from Manners today. It does indeed include a return label, but has a knob... not the rail. And to make matters worse, this knob's pin is larger in size. It doesn't fit in any holes in the rail, and is very tight in all my other QDs.

This isn't the first interaction like this that I've had. I sent my T4A to them for installation of an Ingenuity rail. I was told it would take about a month. 6 weeks after the stock arrived, having received no word from them, I called, and found out that the work had been finished for a month or so, and the stock was waiting on someone to call me to find out if I wanted the newly inlaid carbon fiber in the barrel channel to be painted the color of the stock or not.

My PRS-TCS order was mostly smooth, but I was shipped the wrong rail weights on the first go-around.

So, now on Monday I get to see if Manners can get a Clutch kit right on the third attempt (n)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: seaflar
I've given up on them, too. Robert Brantley is the ONLY one that has ever tried to correct or help their miscues for me ( thanks again, Robert ). Love their stocks, but their CS has been shit - no answers, no return emails ( as they said they would BE SURE someone followed up - sure, LOL ), returned a stock for an issue and got it back "fixed" with the same issue, ordered one of their new stock releases that they posted after SHOT on the Hide, got no follow up call; when I called and talked directly to Tom ( very nice fellow ), he assured me someone would follow up on my order. Nothing. LOL.
If I do buy another ( and again, I like their stock designs ), I'll buy from a Altus or other vendor.

Reactions: seaflar
I always get return emails and fairly quick at that.

Not my experience.

I’ve got 5 of them. Wanted a couple changes to two of them and each time Tom called to make sure everything was done as requested. They are damn nice stocks too.

Always had awesome experiences calling, emailing or even PM’ing Tom on the ‘hide. Tom has personally returned my voicemails multiple times. I always walked away thinking they went above and beyond for me.

Honestly, I wish this was the experience I could take away - although, if Robert and Tom are the only two who can actually make things happen in any sort of "normal" way, that still suggests a problem.

Also, ...182845904523536

• Haha
Reactions: Secant
Honestly, I wish this was the experience I could take away - although, if Robert and Tom are the only two who can actually make things happen in any sort of "normal" way, that still suggests a problem.

Also, ...182845904523536
Hello fellow dork 😆

Tom isn’t the only person I’ve interacted with there, all were great. Not dismissing your experience at all.

Reactions: RobertB and davere
In my experience Manners has the best CS in the business, had an issue on one stock got a call from Tom Manners personally, sent me a shipping label had it to them fixed and back to my door in less than 10 days, that's the only issue I've ever had with multiple Manners stocks. they make a great stock and CS is the best.

Reactions: RobertB
i'm trying to order a stock from them, can't get a return call. Wanted some questions answered before ordering. After reading some of the answers on here, seems pretty much hit or miss, might just stay with my MPA's and J Allens

Customer service goes a long way in this industry. I dumped a 3 lug action company because of the lack of CS. I had been looking to upgrade to a TCS but after seen CS issues I may have to consider something else. IMO CS can make or break a company. Not saying their stocks are garbage though.

Probably because they’re busy as hell.

@RobertB you on this yet?
i call MPA someone answers the phone, i call LRI someone answers the phone, call deep south tatical, someone answers the phone, etc, etc etc. We're all busy that have business's, but that's not an excuse to ignore CS. Don't answer the phone? we'll go somewhere else.

Reactions: Holliday
Not saying their stocks are garbage though.

Agree on the CS angle. Their stocks are the furthest thing from garbage, for sure.

Companies make mistakes - how they correct them and handle them matters. The other thing is - companies that don’t make it easy to buy from them matters, too (that is, don’t make people chase you to spend money - and small sales lead to bigger sales - so they matter, too)

Normally, I’d have sent them my stock to install the Clutch rail, but after my experience with the Ingenuity inlet, I don’t want my rifle to be down for months, and then have to chase them to get it back.

Much as I like both of my Manners stocks, I think I might be done with them in terms of buying anything new. The latest incident... I bought a PRS-TCS last year, but didn't get it with the Sikes Clutch rail installed at the time. A couple months ago, I decided to move forward with it, and tried to place an order for the kit (knob and the rail - not an item sold in their online store - you have to contact them directly for the kit). They didn't have black knobs in stock, only orange, and couldn't take a back order. I was told to follow up when the online store showed black knobs in stock.

Six weeks later, black knobs back in stock. I follow up on my email to the Sales department, and I'm told "great, call us to place an order". Got no response to my voice mail, or two followup emails. Finally called again and got someone on the phone, and placed the order.

Clutch kit arrives. 4 of the 11 holes on the rail are undersize - the Clutch knob won't fit in them. The knob fits perfectly in all the GrovTec and MagPul QDs I have on my rifles, so it would seem the rail is at fault. Call Manners and explain the situation. Am told by the rep that he'll send a note somewhere, and his hope is that I'll receive a rail and a return label for the first rail.

I receive a package from Manners today. It does indeed include a return label, but has a knob... not the rail. And to make matters worse, this knob's pin is larger in size. It doesn't fit in any holes in the rail, and is very tight in all my other QDs.

This isn't the first interaction like this that I've had. I sent my T4A to them for installation of an Ingenuity rail. I was told it would take about a month. 6 weeks after the stock arrived, having received no word from them, I called, and found out that the work had been finished for a month or so, and the stock was waiting on someone to call me to find out if I wanted the newly inlaid carbon fiber in the barrel channel to be painted the color of the stock or not.

To be fair, my PRS-TCS order was completed super smoothly via email and with a quick call to pay when it was ready. Batting .333 may be great for MLB, but not for customer service or sales.

So, now on Monday I get to see if Manners can get a Clutch kit right on the third attempt (n)
Hi davere, Sorry to here about your issues. The clutch kits and rails have been flawless, I am not aware of any issues with figment on them, I will get with the office first thing tomorrow am and follow up then we will QC the in-house inventory. I just shot you a PM, please give me a buzz on my cell when u have time and I will get you fixed up ASAP. Thank you

Tom is a really nice man, no doubt. But 6 out of 6 Manners stocks with inletting problems is pretty ridiculous. Time to move on sadly, as I really do like their stocks.

@davere sorry to hear your issues. By your way of explaining it I would assume it was the rail too but it’s not an issue we’ve seen. Only issues I’ve seen was people not removing bedding compound when installing it. I see Mr.Tom responded back. We’ve been extremely busy and this last week was rough in Cs as our main guys had family issues.

if there is anything I can do to help please email me at [email protected] and I’ll be more than happy to help. I’d let him do his thing as he probably has a little more pull 😂

Nevertheless I want to make sure you’re well taken care of snd you end up happy with the TCS like I am. It’s definitely been a Gamechanger for me and most shooters love it!
Let me know how I can help.

I’ve had nothing but help from manners. I got a tcs about a year ago and had a mag figment issue. Emailed on a Sunday and got a response that day and a solution to my problem shipped out the next day. 👍

Just a respectful heads up I read this thread last night and contacted Tom Manners on his personal phone. I can see he already came on and is handling the issue at hand.

Tom is definitely a Class Act and a Complete gentleman in my book.

I’m sure it will get handled immediately Tom told me that he sent you PM you this morning.

If there are others on this thread that have had issues or are having some at the moment PLEASE PM Tom he will Make it 100% Right…

Mike R.

@tmanners @RobertB - thank you both. Tom, I'll give you a shout a bit later - have to get some things done outside while we still have daylight.

I can imagine that installation would be the biggest source of issues on a rail, and I would also think that once you have a part programmed, it's probably not going to change much unless someone misses a tool problem or something like that, but... I also usually check things for fit before installing (and doing something like getting epoxy in one of the holes), and that revealed the original issue. Not sure why I got "lucky", but...

Tom is definitely a Class Act and a Complete gentleman in my book.

^^^^^^^^
This x 1000%

Sadly it is too easy to bash a manufacturer/ business in a public forum.

Manners stocks are my favorite, and I will continue to purchase and use, as I am confident that if I have an issue ( I haven't ) that it will be satisfactorily resolved

^^^^^^^^
This x 1000%

Sadly it is too easy to bash a manufacturer/ business in a public forum.

Manners stocks are my favorite, and I will continue to purchase and use, as I am confident that if I have an issue ( I haven't ) that it will be satisfactorily resolved
Thanks for your support @DIBBS

Tom got me straightened out. It looks like the original rail I received wasn't correctly manufactured or QC'ed by the shop that makes them for Manners - and then (likely because they've not had an actual problem with a rail before), Manners CS/Sales just sent me another knob rather than a full kit or just a rail.

Tom was more than generous in getting things resolved, and followed up this morning with a diagnosis once he had my original rail back in his hands.