• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

Re: Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

So the molded camo stocks are the same price as the regular painted finish? If so that is awesome!

that is just awesome, i need another T4, now i know which finnish to get.
Thanx Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OKbow87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the molded camo stocks are the same price as the regular painted finish? If so that is awesome! </div></div>Yes that is correct. Thank you

Looks great! I'd have gotten a Manners stock if that had been available when I bought my A5.

Shawn

Stock looks great! Would like to see a desert digital

Thats awesome!

Ive been eyeing off a black/red stock for a new build... drools

Good to see this option available on the manners stocks
smile.gif

Sweet, I couldn't be more excited to see this news...another project gun to do!

On with the pictures already!...this is killing me. Just more good reasons to choose manners over the other guy.

I ordered a T4A last week in Desert Camo. I guess I need to call and make sure I get in line for the molded in camo.

what is the price difference than the original colors?

or the previous stocks that weren't molded with color?

Here is one of the new stocks we used on a recent build.

1s_01Large.jpg

1s_02Large.jpg

We were all very impressed with the stock. Tom did an outstanding job. These will be good sellers for sure.

I am in the process of looking at a Manners T1 for a new build. I think I will have to call Manners and see what the cost is going to be.

Looks great, now I'm glad I waited this long before ordering one.
When will customized/more colors be available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is one of the new stocks we used on a recent build.

1s_01Large.jpg

1s_02Large.jpg

We were all very impressed with the stock. Tom did an outstanding job. These will be good sellers for sure.
</div></div>

Bookhound, that is ya'lls genesis action right? Tom made it sound like they could only do the molded in colors for standard inletting. Is the genesis action considered a standard inletting job or was that just a special deal for ya'll?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santee116</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is one of the new stocks we used on a recent build.

1s_01Large.jpg

1s_02Large.jpg

</div></div>

Bookhound, that is ya'lls genesis action right? Tom made it sound like they could only do the molded in colors for standard inletting. Is the genesis action considered a standard inletting job or was that just a special deal for ya'll? </div></div>

I'm sure their Genesis action uses a Rem700 footprint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm sure their Genesis action uses a Rem700 footprint. </div></div>

Wrong. The Genesis inlet is different than a Rem 700.

I wasn't going to comment further about the rifle on which we used the new Manners stock because frankly it was irrelevant. But since the issue of the action was brought up...

This was a special project for a military customer. We had built a rifle a couple years ago for this customer and they now needed a .338 Lapua for the next phase of their testing. Go research "One Shot" and you'll find out some more detail. I'm not really supposed to say more.

Anyway, we contacted Tom about the project and he swore us to secrecy but offered to provide a new gel coat stock. The stock ROCKS! Tom hit a big home run with these.

I just deleted McMillan from my "Internet Favorites".

desert coyt, sand, brown

a desert sage - sand, earth, and coyote.

Any one have pics of these two color combos? I'm trying to figure out "sage"

I, like many others, have called Manners about the color schemes. I was told that they will post the colors in the next couple of days on the Hide. Then let the ordering begin. I am getting a build by Mark Gordon, SAC, and I decided to go with a MCS T3 and want to use the new molded color schemes so I am waiting to see what is going to be offered.

Having never ordered from Manners, they are now an option in my book since they are doing molded-in colors. I've alway seen 3-4 months on my McMillan orders. What is a typical timeframe for Manners? I could see a T or T3 for an SPS AAC-SD I just bought.

JP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPro</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having never ordered from Manners, they are now an option in my book since they are doing molded-in colors. I've alway seen 3-4 months on my McMillan orders. What is a typical timeframe for Manners? I could see a T or T3 for an SPS AAC-SD I just bought.

JP

</div></div>
honestly, the Manners people are very nice and easy to deal with so just give them a call and ask the time frame. I was told recently that 12=16 weeks can be normal for this kind of order. At the moment I have nothing but McMillan stocks so this will be my first Manners and I am looking forward to it.

Depends on what he has running at the time and how much overstock he could have laying around. But its common for a 2-3 month wait depending on work load in front of your order.

Out the window with the 12-14 week turn around for a while.
I think "slammed" with orders will be an appropriate phrase:)

Looks GREAT Tom.

Trilogymac

DSC00021.jpg
mold-solid.jpg

Here are some photos - We are starting with a basic line up of solid colors and 4 different version of our MCS-Camo. If guys would like to mix up the colors a little on the camo that will not be a problem. To start we will be taking pre orders on the molded in colors next week but they will not go into the production schedule until the 3rd week of Jan. Once the start up is over, they will be just like the other stocks, the quote times will be the same. Thank you very much

Starting at the top –
MCS-Gap-Camo ( OD, Coyote tan and black)
MCS-DesertSage-Camo ( Sand, Coyote tan and Earth)
MCS-Desert-Camo ( sand, earthbrown and Coyote tan)
MCS-Woodland-Camo ( OD, Coyote tan and earthbrown)
OD – solid
Earthbrown – solid
Sand – solid
Coyote Tan - solid

Have 2 T5As, one w/minichassis I'm hoping to get into the works soon. Can't wait to get my hands on them. The T2 w/minichassis I've been shooting a lot lately is a great piece of gear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nly205</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> them. The T2 w/minichassis I've been shooting a lot lately is a great piece of gear. </div></div>

GetHooked.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The man has spoke! </div></div>

Haha

Ready to place my order looking forward to my new cammo manners

Ordered a T5A from Manners and you get nothing but Great Customer Service AND a Great Product. Tom, the new paint looks Great.

Tom, that third camo down looks really good. Im sure ill have one of your stocks with that finish one day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered a T5A from Manners and you get nothing but Great Customer Service AND a Great Product. Tom, the new paint looks Great. </div></div>

It's molded in color, not paint!
laugh.gif

Congrats to Tom & MCS! Great looking finishes on proven handles! Wish I would have bought some stock in your company when I got my first stock (MCS T1) from you!!!!!

My next stock purchase will be a T2A mini chassis with MCS desert sage!!

Loving these...great job Mr. Manners! This has always been the one thing I wanted in your stocks. I'm drawn to the Woodland for my AO, but the GAP is impressive.

And I was just about to order a T4A for my GAP build. Looks like I'll have to wait a little bit. Now to decide which camo pattern I want...

Now this makes me madder than an illegitimate rapper trying to find a word that rhymes with LUCK.

I can't decide between the:
MCS-Gap-Camo ( OD, Coyote tan and black) or
MCS-DesertSage-Camo ( Sand, Coyote tan and Earth)

My next purchase will be a T4A - BUT WHAT COLOR?????? I would however like to see some pics of them outside in the natural light.

PS: I would like to see a GAP Desert Storm Camo!

Am I right in assuming that the new molded in color does not improve the strength/rigidity of these stocks? It's purely a cosmetic benefit? Thanks
Rath

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I right in assuming that the new molded in color does not improve the strength/rigidity of these stocks? It's purely a cosmetic benefit? Thanks
Rath </div></div>

From my understanding...... Tom said it does not affect strength over the non molded in color stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I right in assuming that the new molded in color does not improve the strength/rigidity of these stocks? It's purely a cosmetic benefit? Thanks
Rath </div></div>

From my understanding...... Tom said it does not affect strength over the non molded in color stocks. </div></div>

THanks for that info. As long as the strength of the stock is the same I'm happy, my stock will get a blast of Krylon so the color is irrelevant.

I can't wait to see my t4a

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice </div></div>

damn dude running that post count up quick fast and in a hurry aren't you?