• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

Re: Manners Stocks: Changing the Game, Again!

This is making my decision between an AICS and Manners very difficult. Thanks.

I know what ill be getting next!

Desert Sage all the way!

+1 for GAP Desert Storm Camo as I will be in the market for two stocks soon.

5370844881_916bf4a86b_b.jpg

Here's a pic of the available patterns taken at SHOT.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No!!!
cry.gif
Now I have to sell my T-5A in Desert Tan to get one in molded Desert Camo. Looks good.....</div></div>

I will give you $200.00 for that obsolete POS!

quote=Thomas Manners]
DSC00021.jpg
mold-solid.jpg

Here are some photos - We are starting with a basic line up of solid colors and 4 different version of our MCS-Camo. If guys would like to mix up the colors a little on the camo that will not be a problem. To start we will be taking pre orders on the molded in colors next week but they will not go into the production schedule until the 3rd week of Jan. Once the start up is over, they will be just like the other stocks, the quote times will be the same. Thank you very much

Starting at the top –
MCS-Gap-Camo ( OD, Coyote tan and black)
MCS-DesertSage-Camo ( Sand, Coyote tan and Earth)
MCS-Desert-Camo ( sand, earthbrown and Coyote tan)
MCS-Woodland-Camo ( OD, Coyote tan and earthbrown)
OD – solid
Earthbrown – solid
Sand – solid
Coyote Tan - solid
[/quote]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
5370844881_916bf4a86b_b.jpg

Here's a pic of the available patterns taken at SHOT.

Branden</div></div>

It looks like there are actually five camo color schemes on that rack instead of the four that Manners talked about above. The fifth looks like an urban color scheme. Manners should update their website to add the new info about the molded in gel coats. This thread seems to be the only info on the net about it.

Ordered my first Manner a T4A in molded in od. Was told 15 weeks maybe longer. I can't wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like there are actually five camo color schemes on that rack instead of the four that Manners talked about above. The fifth looks like an urban color scheme. Manners should update their website to add the new info about the molded in gel coats. This thread seems to be the only info on the net about it.</div></div>

New Web page on the way, just a few more days.

Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC00021.jpg
</div></div>Is it just me or is that second stock down a Sand-Coyote-OD mix? Is it in the lineup from the Shot Show pic?

Man seeing all of these Manners stocks has got me stoked. I can't wait until Mark @ SAC in finished with my rifles. I order them with Manners MCT-T3 4 Flectarn Color.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice ! any daytime/outdoor pics yet ? </div></div>

No, the rifle is at GAP getting a 243 barrel. Will get some when he is done with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stone842</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's Manner's New website:

http://mannerstocks.com/ </div></div>Yes that is the new page. All of the IP address just got changed over so all the links and are main domanin name ( mannersstocks.com ) should go to the new page latter today. I will make a new post once all of the links work later today or tomorrow am. Thank you

I like the layout and design of the new site, looks good. Keep up the great work!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jester8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the layout and design of the new site, looks good. Keep up the great work! </div></div>

yup.. what he said !
grin.gif

now bookmarked !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stone842</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's Manner's New website:

http://mannerstocks.com/ </div></div>

Night and day better.....Looks good.

Bump for some more pics! Can't decide whether I like the camo molded in or plain molded in...

I have a stock in molded GAP on order. I will post pics when it arrives. Will be a few more weeks yet at least. If I like it I may order another one for my long action in a Forest camo scheme (OD/Brown/Black). It isn't on their list of options but I can't see that it would be any trouble to make.

What's the current lead time?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a stock in molded GAP on order. I will post pics when it arrives. Will be a few more weeks yet at least. If I like it I may order another one for my long action in a Forest camo scheme (OD/Brown/Black). It isn't on their list of options but I can't see that it would be any trouble to make.</div></div>

Just a FYI, if you go onto the Manners site and run the stock builder application and choose the molded color path there is a new option that wasn't there when I ordered my stock 2-3 months ago. They added a "design your own" option where you get to choose the colors from the available colors that they use on the other MCS patterns. You choose the 40% and the two 30% colors used.

This is pretty nifty. You aren't limited to their five color schemes (GAP/Desert/Desert Sage/Midnight/Woodland). There doesn't appear to be any additional charge for the "design your own" option.

I am about 10 weeks into my MSC-T molded GAP order so I would imagine that it will be done in the next few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come the GA Precision Thunder Ranch Rifle w/gap looks so different from their pictured gap </div></div> The OD gel coat is the same color that we use on all of stocks. I think that it is a combination of things. First, All the Thunder Ranch stocks have the armour coat grip texture on them. This texture gives you a great grip when the stock is wet, but when you take a picutre of it, it tends to come out flatter than it acutaly is. Second - The picture of the Thunder Ranch Rifle, is coming across on my computer screen as really flat. The actualy stock is not that flat.

Also if you look at the pictures above in this thread posted by Short-bus. There is a woodland and a gap camo stock next each other, the woodland has the texture coat, the gap does not.
Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come the GA Precision Thunder Ranch Rifle w/gap looks so different from their pictured gap </div></div> The OD gel coat is the same color that we use on all of stocks. I think that it is a combination of things. First, All the Thunder Ranch stocks have the armour coat grip texture on them. This texture gives you a great grip when the stock is wet, but when you take a picutre of it, it tends to come out flatter than it acutaly is. Second - The picture of the Thunder Ranch Rifle, is coming across on my computer screen as really flat. The actualy stock is not that flat.

Also if you look at the pictures above in this thread posted by Short-bus. There is a woodland and a gap camo stock next each other, the woodland has the texture coat, the gap does not.
Thank you very much, </div></div>

Thomas, the color on the GAPrecision web page of the TR rifle actually looks like it has a dark brown base to it and then black and tan painted on. I was told that this is not the true color combination for the GAP Thunder Ranch rifle and that it will be of the GAP Camo color combination. So, then would that be one of the stock colors above that is already pictured or does it more represent the color combination in the ad on GA Precisions website? Thanks..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the 90% carbon option available with molded in camo? </div></div>Yes we can do the 90% carbin option in the molded in, but the extra gel-coat needed to do a molded in stock will add back a few of those ounces that you saved with the 90% option. It is still lighter than a standard stock, but you will not notice the differance as much. Thank you very much,.

damn, that is a beautiful rifle! I find the thumbhole stocks very comfortable for me.

This may not be news to some, but building a new stock online this morning I saw a change from a couple months ago:

Manners1.jpg

It lets you chose your choice for 40% base color, and two more colors @ 30%. Appreciate Tom & the folks at MCS giving buyers the option of tweaking their designs or coming up with one on their own.

Now if only they'd create a 60/20/20 provision...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come the GA Precision Thunder Ranch Rifle w/gap looks so different from their pictured gap </div></div> The OD gel coat is the same color that we use on all of stocks. I think that it is a combination of things. First, All the Thunder Ranch stocks have the armour coat grip texture on them. This texture gives you a great grip when the stock is wet, but when you take a picutre of it, it tends to come out flatter than it acutaly is. Second - The picture of the Thunder Ranch Rifle, is coming across on my computer screen as really flat. The actualy stock is not that flat.

Thank you very much,</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thomas Manners</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VjjR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how come the GA Precision Thunder Ranch Rifle w/gap looks so different from their pictured gap </div></div> The OD gel coat is the same color that we use on all of stocks. I think that it is a combination of things. First, All the Thunder Ranch stocks have the armour coat grip texture on them. This texture gives you a great grip when the stock is wet, but when you take a picutre of it, it tends to come out flatter than it acutaly is. Second - The picture of the Thunder Ranch Rifle, is coming across on my computer screen as really flat. The actualy stock is not that flat.

Thank you very much,</div></div>

So Thomas, the colors on the GAP molded match the painted GAP colors just with a different pattern? It seems the colors don't photo well.

Which OD cerakote would most closely match the OD in the molded stock?