• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T4 vs. McMillan A4

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    I've been looking into a new stock for my savage 10pc and have narrowed it down to the Manners T4. The problem is I have never seen one in person. I have shot a rifle with a McMillan A4 and loved it. My question is are they similar enough in feel to drop that kind of money on the Manners without ever getting behind one. Thanks.

Re: Manners T4 vs. McMillan A4

I've never been behind a mcmillan, but I used to own a manners t4. The one thing I didn't like about the t4 was the palm swell was big. I have smaller hands so it never fit me. The manners t2 has a smaller palm swell. It's something to consider if you have smaller hands. Other then that manners makes an exceptional stock. Hope this helps.

You know I never even thought about the size of the palm swell. I guess I have average hands though so that may not be an issue. Thanks for bringing that up though.

As you have stated, I bought an A4 as well untried. I loved it. Let a buddy try it and he bought one as well. I've had a few pm's with Tom and he is a great guy, but I do love the A4. I've also got a few HTGs and like them as well but that is for another thread.
    Chad

I have a T4A on my 6.5 Creedmoor and it has ROCKED!! It has been beat to shit and it still is rocking!!

That Goes to say the same about my A5's

You cant go wrong on either stock!!

Tom is a good guy and he will do you right!

T4 is apples to apples with a McM A5, and both kick ass, there's just a slighty different feel, and the Manners' bottom lines of the forend and rear of the butt behind the hook are parallel for bag riding if needed.

The A4 is its own animal with that block of a forend, if you liked the A4, get that.

Fill out your profile.
    It lets people know where you are and there may be someone that can let you check one out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into a new stock for my savage 10pc and have narrowed it down to the Manners T4. The problem is I have never seen one in person. <span style="color: #FF0000">I have shot a rifle with a McMillan A4 and loved it.</span> My question is are they similar enough in feel to drop that kind of money on the Manners without ever getting behind one. Thanks. </div></div>

it is an awesome handle aint it?.......glad you had the chance to shoot it the other day, let me know when your gonna be back out there and ill bring my A5 too and you can try that also...got some buddys that shoot there also with manners stocks, im sure i can get one of them to let you fondle their stick....
    whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking into a new stock for my savage 10pc and have narrowed it down to the Manners T4. The problem is I have never seen one in person. <span style="color: #FF0000">I have shot a rifle with a McMillan A4 and loved it.</span> My question is are they similar enough in feel to drop that kind of money on the Manners without ever getting behind one. Thanks. </div></div>

it is an awesome handle aint it?.......glad you had the chance to shoot it the other day, let me know when your gonna be back out there and ill bring my A5 too and you can try that also...got some buddys that shoot there also with manners stocks, im sure i can get one of them to let you fondle their stick....
    whistle.gif
    </div></div>

Thanks again for letting me shoot it. It has definetly got me into researching stocks again. I will give you a shout the next time I'm out there. Its usually no more than a week or two between trips.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T4 is apples to apples with a McM A5, and both kick ass, there's just a slighty different feel, and the Manners' bottom lines of the forend and rear of the butt behind the hook are parallel for bag riding if needed.

The A4 is its own animal with that block of a forend, if you liked the A4, get that.

Fill out your profile.
    It lets people know where you are and there may be someone that can let you check one out. </div></div>

The reason I am looking at the T4 is because most other stocks from other companies do not offer a version that will work with my DBM on my Savage. Most are blind mag or spring for a badger type system. Unless I'm missing something, the Manners is the only one that will inlet my stock for my DBM with no upcharge. I know a badger dbm would be better, but its way too much for me to swing at this point.

I will also fill out my profile, thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tom is a good guy and he will do you right!
    </div></div>

I'll second that one for sure!!!!!

RFutch,

We make A5's for Savage with their DBM and floor plates. The A5 has the same vertical grip as the A4.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShootToWin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RFutch,

We make A5's for Savage with their DBM and floor plates. The A5 has the same vertical grip as the A4. </div></div>

Well thats good news. I guess I need to give you guys a call and find out what all is involoved. Thanks.

Sure, just give us a call or shoot us an email, whichever is easiest for you.