• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

The puppy is growing up........the first picture is the day we brought her home.........a few days short of three months........a few pounds short of 30.

The other is a picture of her today........Birthday picture.......1 year, almost 100 pounds.......not a bit spoiled..........

Molly
IMG_1322.JPG
IMG_0790.jpeg

Wife texts me late in the afternoon "So... Am I bringing home a puppy from the rescue for Christmas?" It's been 10 years since we lost our Kelpie, and I miss that dog every day. I told her "your decision, I got your back"

Long story short, here's Harley (Quinn) @ 4 months, the spitting image of Zoe dog. Almost to the day I brought Zoe home 18 years ago.

2019122095163606.jpg

Last edited:
Wife texts me late in the afternoon "so... Am I bringing home a puppy from the rescue for Christmas?" It's been 10 years since we lost our Kelpie, and I miss that dog every day. I told her "your decision, I got your back"

Long story short, here's Harley (Quinn) @ 4 months, the spitting image of Zoe dog. Almost to the day I brought Zoe home 18 years ago.
View attachment 7207295
Congratulations! That is just Awesome...…. Merry Christmas! (y)

Last edited:
SQUIRREL!!!

i-x4Gb63r-X2.jpg

Our late Dane, Tucker. I rescued him at 18 months old and we lost him 2.5 years ago to congestive heart failure at just after he turned 6. His birthday is tomorrow..... Still makes my eyes water up thinking about him. ?

We just adopted our first dog yesterday (from a local shelter). "Balto" is 5 years old. A Husky / ??? mix. One blue eye. One brown eye. Cropped, folded ears.

Balto Christmas (1).jpg

Balto.jpg

"This is MY house, now!"
Balto Christmas (4).jpg

Balto-outside.jpg

Last edited:
Wife texts me late in the afternoon "So... Am I bringing home a puppy from the rescue for Christmas?" It's been 10 years since we lost our Kelpie, and I miss that dog every day. I told her "your decision, I got your back"

View attachment 7207295
I'd be remiss if I didn't pay homage to my first little co-pilot, Zoe... She was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

201006231050_00432.jpg

DCAM0012.JPG

scan0034.jpg

Thank you Snipershide for letting us immortalize our furry "best friends" here.

Last edited:
You are welcome to your opinion and we'll just agree to disagree on that point & leave it at that.......

You're welcome to your opinion as well... sad truth is over 600,000 shelter dogs alone are euthanized every year in the US (those numbers don't account for dogs that die from neglect without ever making it to a shelter, or shelters that don't track intake/kill rate). Unless you're a quality breeder, there's no excuse for leaving them fertile, and risking more neglected dogs.

I've hunted with fixed dogs, trained guard dogs who were fixed, scent dogs who were fixed, etc. Even my cousins FBI K9 Mali is fixed, and he's one of the most bad ass dogs I've ever seen.

There's just no legitimate advantage to not fixing them, unless you plan to breed them... and if you plan to do that, I hope you know what you're doing, and are prepared for the work it involves. While we absolutely do not breed, we regularly take in pregnant dogs and deliver the puppies, and whelp them until they can be adopted. It's 2 months of hell in my opinion (wife loves it at the start, and is ready to cry towards the end). Most folks I know who's attempted it won't do it again, and shouldn't have done it in the first place...

BTW, I see you're from Dallas... We pull 25-30 dogs about every other month from local rescues in your area (Dallas and San Antonio rescues). If you don't think overpopulation is a problem in Texas, you're just not seeing it/looking for it (all due respect here)... it's there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34SF and PDXGS
Having a litter of puppies (Especially when they get into the 10 range) is a lot of work.
It is however a very rewarding experience even if it means for 2 months you are up every couple hours checking on feeding and supplementary bottle feeding as needed. It is also a bit of an expense up front to haul 10 to 12 animals to the vet a couple times, but you do make it back up when you sell the puppies.

No point discussing the rest, we may be on slightly opposing sides, so neither will convince the other.

View attachment 7207295
I am very jealous of your new pup.

My super dangerous ex-fighter pit who is nothing but an aggressive killing machine.

yes, that’s my 13 month old daughter literally taking food out of his mouth.

bench

Awesome pooch.

Nice flooring. I have that in my laundry room.
The entire house will probably end up with it.

Awesome pooch.

Nice flooring. I have that in my laundry room.
The entire house will probably end up with it.
It’s awesome flooring! That’s my guesthouse.

I found that at floor and decor on a close out sale and got it for like 0.32 a foot marked down from $4.00..it’s 13mm laminate...shit killed a chop saw and the dogs can’t dent it lol

bench

Reactions: oneshot86
Mine is made of bamboo and I got it on clearance for $8.00 per box. They had enough to do just that room or I would have bought a truckload.

My super dangerous ex-fighter pit who is nothing but an aggressive killing machine.

yes, that’s my 13 month old daughter literally taking food out of his mouth.

bench
Looks like your baby loves that puppy.Great pic.

Here is my newest friend Ara, now three months old. She’s Lab and Australian Shepherd mix.

Most recent funny story from the vet:
Pup pup (nickname) is in for shots, check up etc. Dad calls and I go outside. Girlfriend is with dog in the exam room. I come in and girlfriend says her temp is too high and she needs to calm down. Long story short she needed two things; poop and her dad. We were out in five minutes after that.

Attachments

• 3016738C-86AA-46B9-8684-D0977B58A343.jpeg
    3016738C-86AA-46B9-8684-D0977B58A343.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 70
When they gotta pupa don't get in their way.Thats pretty funny.

We answered an ad for a Chocolate Lab puppy. When we got there, it was an 11 month old undisciplined, foul smelling, wild dog. One who had spent most of his life in a crate. We weren't going to leave without the dog, so we stuck a deal and we were on our way. We had to drive home with the windows open because he smelled so bad. The previous owner named him Moonshine because that's what the owner liked to drink. His name is now Bailey. He is AKC registered but the owner didn't send in the paperwork. He's been a lot of work, he's smart and can learn any command. However, he loses his attention easily. It's been 7 years since we brought him home, he's cost us a ton of money at the vets and is diabetic. He gets 2 shots a day. But we'd never change a thing.

First picture is just after we brought him home, the second picture is from a few years ago and the last picture is from last October.

Bailey1.jpg
20170823_101330a.jpg
Baileya.jpg

Dogs are definitely mans best friend.
My family has a 7 yr old Malinois, 1 yr old Dane, and our new addition 8 week old Blue Heeler.
The Mal is my shadow and even helps work on cars. The Dane is attached to my daughter and they can’t be seen without each other.
My best dog was a Heeler 20 yrs ago and saw this little guy and had to have him.

Attachments

• 03645F6F-C35A-4167-B5D5-580EF2ED0ED4.jpeg
    03645F6F-C35A-4167-B5D5-580EF2ED0ED4.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 91
  • B74DF1AC-5007-4257-AD2A-F06953B110E0.jpeg
    B74DF1AC-5007-4257-AD2A-F06953B110E0.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 97
  • C537593D-0E7F-44D4-A561-B47E39DACBC9.jpeg
    C537593D-0E7F-44D4-A561-B47E39DACBC9.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 16A27DC3-B489-4A7E-B35F-D2465CB33BCC.jpeg
    16A27DC3-B489-4A7E-B35F-D2465CB33BCC.jpeg
    544.1 KB · Views: 90
  • ED9C9973-22D0-483C-A902-C903C7C3076E.jpeg
    ED9C9973-22D0-483C-A902-C903C7C3076E.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 96
  • DCBD25E5-2D61-42AA-BF09-CFE4D7475A24.jpeg
    DCBD25E5-2D61-42AA-BF09-CFE4D7475A24.jpeg
    517.5 KB · Views: 92
We just adopted our first dog yesterday (from a local shelter). "Balto" is 5 years old. A Husky / ??? mix. One blue eye. One brown eye. Cropped, folded ears.

View attachment 7207453
View attachment 7207454

"This is MY house, now!"
View attachment 7207455

View attachment 7207585
I know the story about Togo and Balto.... Other great dog stories are about Greyfriar's Bobby, and Delta from Pompei. If I am ever fortunate enough to convince my wife to get another dog, I want to name it Delta.

I know the story about Togo and Balto.... Other great dog stories are about Greyfriar's Bobby, and Delta from Pompei. If I am ever fortunate enough to convince my wife to get another dog, I want to name it Delta.

I had never heard the stories or about "Balto," until we got him. The only "dog stories" I know are "Lassie" (TV show) and "Old Yeller."