• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

20220401_170217.jpg

This super goof ball Boxer went to the other side today. She was the wife’s dog, best dog I’ve ever had. Bye Sadie View attachment 7844795View attachment 7844797View attachment 7844798

Sorry for your loss........there are a lot of people that know how you feel now, I know the feeling, and will experience at least two more times in my life.
Always re member the good times you had with your friend.........those memories will last a lifetime......you may or may not find another to share your life with.........but, memories of the companionship of this one will always be with you.
Dogs are truly a gift from heaven.......

Kimber on the bow of my new to me deck boat. She decided to jump off while we were fishing about an hour before my son took these pictures. Going to have to work on her boat etiquette.View attachment 7858494View attachment 7858495
Some dogs are just meant for water like Kimber. As you can see with my gsp above. If you don’t want him wet you better keep a leash on him. It could be full blown rapids or a swimming pool, 10 degrees with ice recovering ducks or a sunny day in the ocean. He’s plum crazy.
C12C7528-82BD-426A-8CDF-5877B7A17A72.jpeg
67CBF2A4-D541-4097-9E44-60FFEABA2A0B.jpeg

My Boykin Gracie. Best do everything dog I have ever had. With me all the time...dove, duck, fish, camp. 100 miles an hour in the field and completely chill lap dog at home. She's 8 now and I really dread having to get a new pup to train as she ages out of being able to duck hunt when it's cold.
She will dove hunt and fish with me long after I have to carry her to the field and boat..........
1224190729_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210531_085148.jpg

Snapchat-2086034695.jpg

20220317_221945.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-863380618.jpg
    Snapchat-863380618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Some dogs are just meant for water like Kimber. As you can see with my gsp above. If you don’t want him wet you better keep a leash on him. It could be full blown rapids or a swimming pool, 10 degrees with ice recovering ducks or a sunny day in the ocean. He’s plum crazy. View attachment 7858526View attachment 7858527
She thinks we need help getting fish in the boat. I had a smallmouth on her first time in the boat. She went after it on the second jump.

So let me ask you.....does she go bonkers when you get a shotgun out?

If I get out camo or a shotgun she is spinning circles in the house. It takes her at least a few deer hunt or turkey hunt mornings to realize its not one of her seasons and she can get back on her bed. It is amazing how they know. She wakes me up most of duck season. She also whines at me like I suck if i miss a shot.

I used to tell Nova we were going to (ex's house name) in 3 days, 2 days, tomorrow. Would drive her nuts but she loved me and understood when I held up 3 fingers, etc..

Reactions: UKDslayer
They totally know it’s awesome. My gsp goes nuts every time you touch any form of a firearm. He will straight up rip the shotgun out of your hands if you stand still to long and you don’t keep him moving on birds. Taking breaks are not his idea of bird hunting. It’s not a good thing for sure and I always cringe if we’re hunting with someone who has a nice over and under with fancy wood. Tooth marks right in that stock 😮

Just lost my best friend Monday... It was devastating. Month ago he was fine, then a cough demanded a vet visit... Found out he had metastatic pancreatic cancer and boy it was moving fast.

Got three weeks with him before I had to put him down.

Most kind and beautiful creature I've ever known. The cat below? Yeah, that's HIS cat... They were very close, she's still looking for him. So intelligent I can't even recall all the different commands he knew, he just seemed to pick 'em up on the fly. Llewellyn's Setter:

image2026.jpg

IMG_1135.JPG

Just lost my best friend Monday... It was devastating. Month ago he was fine, then a cough demanded a vet visit... Found out he had metastatic pancreatic cancer and boy it was moving fast.

Most kind and beautiful creature I've ever known. The cat below? Yeah, that's HIS cat... They were very close, she's still looking for him. So intelligent I can't even recall all the different commands he knew, he just seemed to pick 'em up on the fly. Llewellyn's Setter:

View attachment 7878566

View attachment 7878567
Prayers to you my friend. Sorry for your loss

I liken it to loosing a child.
We all have our opinions but I can’t say I disagree. For me I’m 47 and have no children. I have however had one particular gsp I spent every day with for 13 years. Not the see you in eight hours everyday when I get home from work either. We were tied at the hip. When I lost him it was harder then even the death of my own father so ya it can be that hard. I now have another gsp who’s in this thread multiple times and as a guy who’s retired and he is my service dog we spend 24/7 with each other, literally. He’s only 3 but I already know his loss will be devastating to me. I liken it will be exactly like losing my child, twice.

If anyone has a lead, I’m looking for a Rhodesian Ridgeback puppy from a reputable and reasonable breeder. A breeder that doesn’t require the dog be taken to shows or neutered, etc. A family/working dog. Not the lend/lease type game a lot of breeders play.

They are great setters. Lost my last English Setter to pancreatic cancer. Sorry for your loss.

• Sad
Reactions: UKDslayer
I have a friend in Tulsa Oklahoma that just had a litter of Burmese mountain dogs. Really nice bloodlines. If anyone wants any contact info pm me. She may have some pups left. There not ready yet though, only 3 weeks old or so now.

Well it's NOT , at all. Not even sort of close. I love my dogs, but this is just ridiculous to say.
Wow. Just wow. How did you get to a point in your life where you find it necessary to belittle the grief of another person?

Wow. Just wow. How did you get to a point in your life where you find it necessary to belittle the grief of another person?
It's not belittling, and there's no ill intent. This is a serious topic and I would not want to make light of it. I am a lifelong dog lover.

Losing a child is a life shattering experience that never ends. Comparing it to losing a dog is belittling those who know that horrific lifelong disaster, and it's wrong. We have members here who have lost children.

To each there own, the beauty of individual thought! And feelings for that matter.