• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

Krieger is so tired he won't even wake up to get the cheeto my wife threw at him.

20211231_225358.jpg

I miss my girl so badly. I still look over to her bed and say I love you. There's still her food and water bowl sitting out. I can't bear to take them up.
I know the feeling. I was there myself about 9 months ago. I got another pup, and he doesn't completely fill the void and he is not a replacement, but he is a great little guy and brings lots of joy to our lives. I would highly recommend another pup if you are willing.

This is the last pic I have if my last boy Geist, taken 2 nights before he got killed. If I had only known then what I know now, we would still be throwing that ball and would never stop.

Screenshot_20220101-004318_Photos.jpg

This is my new pup Krieger, he has been really good for us. He's not a replacement for Geist, but he is a good boy.
20211227_210347.jpg

Last edited:
I miss my girl so badly. I still look over to her bed and say I love you. There's still her food and water bowl sitting out. I can't bear to take them up.
I get it. Feel for you. Our girlie passing left a hole in our hearts and life that just can't be filled. Our new pup helps, but that bond that was, isn't there. We still miss her every day.

Slowly the loss seems to lessen for us. I hope it does soon for you too.

Last edited:
Just wait until they grow up.........We've got two Bernese Mountain Dogs............beautiful animals. One is three, the little one, (85+lbs.) about 16 months now, and they snore, like drunken sailors.

I love the Great Pyrenees...........buy a really good vacuum .......

Walking my dog the other day. Another dog owner was in small open space near us w/ his Rottweiler. I'd seen him before and said hello, but he'd never respond. Next thing I know, his dog is nose to nose with mine. His leash was on the ground and dude was casually walking towards us when his dog attacked mine. I had her on a leash and was trying lift her and swing her out of the way, Standard Poodle, trying to put myself between his dog and mine. This Rotty must weigh 200lbs. Biggest Rotty I've ever seen in person. Dude was useless getting his dog off mine and shorty before they were separated, I attempted to push his dog off mine with my foot, at this point my dog's ass is in the Rotty's mouth, and dude freaked out and says "don't kick dog" in some sort of German accent. Now they were separated and I'm just dumbfounded this asshole is angry that I attempted to "kick dog.". I just told him "fuck you" and left as he stood standing with a gapped mouth. My wife and another neighbor witnessed the entire incident.

Question: I've been debating filing a report. Wife says no, some other's say yes with a response like, "what if it was child instead".

The Rotty bit my dog in the ass but there's no broken skin and she seems fine.

I'm astounded at the fact that he never once appoligized for not controlling his dog or that his dog attacked and bit my dog. It's as if I did something wrong. Other than attempting to "kick" his dog to separate them, I can't come up with any reason where I'm at fault here. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk, leashed. His dog came to us, on a dropped leash. He made no effort to quickly regain control of his dog. I told my wife that it "felt" like he just enjoyed watching his dog go after mine. She stated that she thought he may have let his dog loose on purpose as he was so nonchalant about regaining control and the fact that his dog attacked and bit mine and he seemed unconcerned or worse, a victim himself.

Jefe,
You didn’t do anything wrong.
From my post in this thread alone
Most could see I love dogs. Almost all
Dogs. But that owner was at the least,
A complete dumbass, and at worst..
He let that happen. Regardless,
Once the dog assaults your dog and you,
You were at lot more polite with your actions
That I would have been.

Walking my dog the other day. Another dog owner was in small open space near us w/ his Rottweiler. I'd seen him before and said hello, but he'd never respond. Next thing I know, his dog is nose to nose with mine. His leash was on the ground and dude was casually walking towards us when his dog attacked mine. I had her on a leash and was trying lift her and swing her out of the way, Standard Poodle, trying to put myself between his dog and mine. This Rotty must weigh 200lbs. Biggest Rotty I've ever seen in person. Dude was useless getting his dog off mine and shorty before they were separated, I attempted to push his dog off mine with my foot, at this point my dog's ass is in the Rotty's mouth, and dude freaked out and says "don't kick dog" in some sort of German accent. Now they were separated and I'm just dumbfounded this asshole is angry that I attempted to "kick dog.". I just told him "fuck you" and left as he stood standing with a gapped mouth. My wife and another neighbor witnessed the entire incident.

Question: I've been debating filing a report. Wife says no, some other's say yes with a response like, "what if it was child instead".

The Rotty bit my dog in the ass but there's no broken skin and she seems fine.

I'm astounded at the fact that he never once appoligized for not controlling his dog or that his dog attacked and bit my dog. It's as if I did something wrong. Other than attempting to "kick" his dog to separate them, I can't come up with any reason where I'm at fault here. I was walking my dog on the sidewalk, leashed. His dog came to us, on a dropped leash. He made no effort to quickly regain control of his dog. I told my wife that it "felt" like he just enjoyed watching his dog go after mine. She stated that she thought he may have let his dog loose on purpose as he was so nonchalant about regaining control and the fact that his dog attacked and bit mine and he seemed unconcerned or worse, a victim himself.
Exactly there are leash laws for a reason

Although it’s not the dogs fault…sometimes the blame will wind up where it doesn’t belong.

Introducing Molly. Part English Bulldog, part mystery. She's been chasing the mastiff around for awhile now.

Attachments

• PXL_20220120_024136810.jpg
    PXL_20220120_024136810.jpg
    495.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PXL_20220120_032456510.jpg
    PXL_20220120_032456510.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20220120_032451477.jpg
    PXL_20220120_032451477.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 63
I'm in the market, possibly, for a mini Potbelly/Julianna pig.

I keep hearing they wont grow over like 12 inches tall but am scared shitless to find out the hard way.

My last dog died 14 years ago, still get bummed when I think about her. It’s a big part of why I haven’t gotten another.

I hate little dogs normally grew up with labs and all, but rescued this little 3lb shit and she grew on me big time(ended up about 9lbs lol). Took that little turd everywhere, if I ate steak so did she. She thought she was 100lbs, but loved most everyone.

She lived to be 9, woke up and she wasn’t running around so I checked her bed, she would ball up this fleece blanket and get right in the middle and pass out when it was cold. I flipped the blanket back and she was curled up like normal but stiff as a board. Bums me out all these years later typing this, it’s like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
I'm in the market, possibly, for a mini Potbelly/Julianna pig.

I keep hearing they wont grow over like 12 inches tall but am scared shitless to find out the hard way.
I’ve heard of folks getting them and they’d are just normal piglets.

You ever been around pigs? Worst smelling shit of any animal. I used to raise pigs and had the pen on a hill so the rain would wash the shit away.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I’ve heard of folks getting them and they’d are just normal piglets.

You ever been around pigs? Worst smelling shit of any animal. I used to raise pigs and had the pen on a hill so the rain would wash the shit away.

That's what concerns me. I suppose getting it from an actual legit breeder will ensure it doesnt happen, but I just dont want to get a new animal, take care of it, and then it just keeps growing to the point that it isn't inside the house size anymore. What do you do then? I don't get animals to just give them up at some point like some total shitbirds do.

The Julianna pigs are supposed to be extremely clean and use a cat box. Obviously these aren't like giant hogs, hence why I was interested if they'd actually stay 12 inches tall and <40lbs.

But the risk is just a shit ordeal.

That's what concerns me. I suppose getting it from an actual legit breeder will ensure it doesnt happen, but I just dont want to get a new animal, take care of it, and then it just keeps growing to the point that it isn't inside the house size anymore. What do you do then? I don't get animals to just give them up at some point like some total shitbirds do.

The Julianna pigs are supposed to be extremely clean and use a cat box. Obviously these aren't like giant hogs, hence why I was interested if they'd actually stay 12 inches tall and <40lbs.

But the risk is just a shit ordeal.
Personally I think the price for them is crazy, if it gets huge eat it. Why waste $1500-2000? I used to catch and feed out wild hogs, I had a javelina that would follow me around like a dog too.

Bottle raised a squirrel for a while, someone killed it...i

My dad wanted to get a skunk one time....luckily it was illegal lol.

We had a couple of Mastiffs (not at the same time) when I was married, and my ex just got another last year. Sweet and gentle creatures, love them.
They know no bounds!! No personal space at all!! Crazy to think we have just over 300 LBS of dogs running through the house.

Just want to share with everyone. Our dog had surgery last Wednesday, she was fine for a day or two then went down hill FAST! Puking, diarrhea then blood in her stool, looked like raspberry jam. Brought her to the emergency room. After a few hours and testing we were told she had HGE.

Took a couple of days on IV’s and meds, but she is on the mend back. If you see these symptoms, don’t wait. It can be fatal. Glad to have her back!!

Attachments

• 271DB3DA-2A98-4B2D-8FC3-F01485214B4C.jpeg
    271DB3DA-2A98-4B2D-8FC3-F01485214B4C.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 48
  • CCE3BB97-9586-4E46-B6E7-ADB52667F69E.jpeg
    CCE3BB97-9586-4E46-B6E7-ADB52667F69E.jpeg
    654.9 KB · Views: 55
  • AA7F2DA9-8222-4E2A-A899-D5FCEBE0033E.jpeg
    AA7F2DA9-8222-4E2A-A899-D5FCEBE0033E.jpeg
    499.1 KB · Views: 46
Great white pyrenees are IMHO one of the most beautiful animals on the earth....but the can be stubborn/independent little guys.
I am VERY familiar with this breed. :) I agree.

If you can off-leash train a Pyrenees you have achieved something.