• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

20220809_200726.jpg

I thought this article is fitting for this thread. If you‘ve lost a good friend pour one out in their honor.

We lost all 3 of these boys within a month. :cry:

Bam Bam, the lab, & Thor, the grown Mastiff, just got too old. This was Zeus as a pup, the one I posted about in the other thread that attacked me when he was 5.

zL26zr8.jpg

The chocolate lab is the only female we've had, and the only dog, so far, who's died on her own. At about 5, she went blind and became diabetic, they were unrelated. Came home 1 day when she was 10 and we guess she'd had a stroke. By the time we got her to the vet, she'd died in my wifes arms. :cry:
And Thor at about 4 or 5 months.
0HYaTa2.jpg

Just rescued this little girl. Husky/Shepard mix. Named her Khione (goddess of snow)

Her and my daughters Husky, Skye are now like peas and carrots

Attachments

• D3E22A08-2FF4-46D3-B077-0715C273DD37.jpeg
    D3E22A08-2FF4-46D3-B077-0715C273DD37.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 57
  • F48081F2-8B97-4A22-B5B6-6E2C88370421.jpeg
    F48081F2-8B97-4A22-B5B6-6E2C88370421.jpeg
    639.5 KB · Views: 57
my little brown dog will be a momma next weekend.
Male and momma are both boykin spaniels. She is such a sweet and loving dog, the male is wide open wanting to fetch something from the time he wakes up till way past when every body in the house is ready for bed. I sure hope all goes well with the birth.

Attachments

• B5C9CE2C-023F-47E0-9CAA-4F97A24B1FD5.jpeg
    B5C9CE2C-023F-47E0-9CAA-4F97A24B1FD5.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 51
my little brown dog will be a momma next weekend.
Male and momma are both boykin spaniels. She is such a sweet and loving dog, the male is wide open wanting to fetch something from the time he wakes up till way past when every body in the house is ready for bed. I sure hope all goes well with the birth.
Them lil knot heads are starting to move around quite a bit now.
Think the momma is starting the prelabor thing. Just chilling on a blanket in the gunroom. Starting to breath a lil heavier than normal

Them lil knot heads are starting to move around quite a bit now.
Think the momma is starting the prelabor thing. Just chilling on a blanket in the gunroom. Starting to breath a lil heavier than normal
Two girls on the ground so far. Momma dog doing great so far with her first litter

Our dogs have taken to barking (a lot) when we are not around.

Any recommendations on training collars or methods to strongly discourage this activity?

View attachment 8079326

I keep mine inside the house with the TV on. She doesn't piss anywhere and only barks if there's a delivery.

Also put some vaseline on his nose looks like it is chapped.

Are they both normal dogs like in the picture?

I keep mine inside the house with the tumbler on. She doesn't piss anywhere and only barks if there's a Reloading Supply delivery from Fed-Up

Also put some Vick's Vapo Rub on his nose looks like it is chapped. Or you could use Imperial Sizing Wax for a gentle smell and longer term coverage.

Are they both kosher hotdogs like in the picture?

Sorry, I'm bored.

Our dogs have taken to barking (a lot) when we are not around.

Any recommendations on training collars or methods to strongly discourage this activity?

View attachment 8079326
My GSD barks because you didn’t take him with you. He just about made himself sick Friday night when my wife left for a dinner with girlfriends. He paced for over 2 hours. Every little sound he was at the door checking for her. She wasn’t suppose to leave without “us”

The mom and her little ones and the daddy getting the stinkeye from her. Now to get them all gone before they get grown. I surely dont want 10 dogs running around the yard

Attachments

• 68A20690-1797-4090-8D94-9CB88B0EDE43.jpeg
    68A20690-1797-4090-8D94-9CB88B0EDE43.jpeg
    526.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DAAA8C95-AE93-421A-983A-9FDEB785DAB8.jpeg
    DAAA8C95-AE93-421A-983A-9FDEB785DAB8.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 69
Wow! She surely is giving him the stink eye.

"This is all your fault fucker!!" 😄😄

Cute pups.

Oh, and the answer is no. They are really cute, but I'm a one dog man.

New occupant to the Cowpokey hotel room this evening…yes, we are still in a hotel. Hope to be in a rental house soon while our house is demoed and repaired from the fire.

I present “Wiggle Butt” (aka MOMO the collie). She is a great pup always happy.
View attachment 8083154
Can’t beat a hearding dog. I grew up with black labs and a stray Australian shepherd mix converted me. We’ve got the shepherd and an Aussie/cattle dog “Texas heeler” and a lab now and I won’t ever be without a herding dog.

• Love
Reactions: Cowpokey
New occupant to the Cowpokey hotel room this evening…yes, we are still in a hotel. Hope to be in a rental house soon while our house is demoed and repaired from the fire.

I present “Wiggle Butt” (aka MOMO the collie). She is a great pup always happy.
View attachment 8083154
Good looking pup. She doesn’t look happy at all. Congrats!!

• Haha
Reactions: Cowpokey