• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

Just picked her up from 90 straight days of bird dog training. School is just down the road, so we got to work her through many drills. I’m a total newb to upland game hunting, so I probably learned as much as she did. She’s an amazing dog!

View attachment 7087340
View attachment 7087341

When I took my German Shepard in for "dog" training, I quickly realized it was I being trained. Which works out and I continue to use my training to train my Standard Poodle. I can't imagine how nice they come out of real training with professionals who don't have emotions in the game.

Nope this one is an invisible fence collar..have had 7 std. poodles and none was a barker...guess I am lucky here :)

Mine lives to bark. I've adjusted but I doubt my neighbors want to hear all the time. She's smart enough that she won't even try to bark with it on and I think she can even tell if it's on or off by seeing the blinking indicator light or just giving it a test to find out. ?

On the other hand, she won't leave the yard even if the gate is open. I'm assuming you're 'yard' isn't fenced hence the invisible fence?

Mine lives to bark. I've adjusted but I doubt my neighbors want to hear all the time. She's smart enough that she won't even try to bark with it on and I think she can even tell if it's on or off by seeing the blinking indicator light or just giving it a test to find out. ?

On the other hand, she won't leave the yard even if the gate is open. I'm assuming you're 'yard' isn't fenced hence the invisible fence?
Yup invisible fence for the third side of the property which is not fenced.
My buddy has a bark collar for his dog and the dog has figured out just how loud to bark to be heard, but not loud enough to set of the correction of the collar. sounds like a hoarse squeak.

7B8220AB-DBC7-497D-9EE2-8A64615C5BDF.jpeg

Rough day for the guys. They’re dead tired from doing nothing, all day. ?

Yup invisible fence for the third side of the property which is not fenced.
My buddy has a bark collar for his dog and the dog has figured out just how loud to bark to be heard, but not loud enough to set of the correction of the collar. sounds like a hoarse squeak.

Mine does a Chewbacca growl with it on.

Wife had to put my GSD down while I was deployed. Had him 12 years. When I got back we adopted this goober head of a Malinois. Doing training with him has been real fun and he's pretty much an off leash doggo now.

sorry to hear about ur GSD. We train w a Mali & its seems like they are GSD on coke. Their drives are insane and jump like a baller!

Wife had to put my GSD down while I was deployed. Had him 12 years. When I got back we adopted this goober head of a Malinois. Doing training with him has been real fun and he's pretty much an off leash doggo now.

After living with one for the last three years, I've found out:
They're the dumbest , smartest dogs you'll ever be around
They can be very creative in finding ways to injure themselves
They not the type of dog for everyone

Reactions: Ravenworks
Yeah he's been an adventure. I got such a good deal on the GSD that I knew I wasn't getting that good of dog for what I paid before. So I looked around at rescues. The Good Shepherd Rescue keeps their dogs in foster homes instead of a facility. So we really got to know him before we adopted. The big thing was finding the right trainer for him. Finally found one and its been great ever since.

Jack is testing his limits with my wife. A week or so ago he grabbed hold of a skunk. She has bathed him almost every day since. We were sitting on the porch last night and he ran into the field and got another face full. He ran directly to her which she barely dodged on her way into the house.

Just help bury our Grandkids Golden Retriever. He was plenty gray around the muzzle but always there for all four of them 20, 13, and four-year-old twins. Even though he was plenty old he still had more time to share with them but was hit by a car. Drake was such a special dog and far preceded the twins. They grew up with him as their outside playmate and guardian, He was THIER DOG. Since the 20 yo is now in the military; the job fell on the 13 yo( (Dad was at work.) I came to help and was moved by the steadfast work of the 13 yo as he fought back his tears. Drako was wrapped in his favorite blanket as we layed him to rest in a 4 foot deep square corner grave. Our little twin girl stayed in Mama’s and Meme’s arms while our 4 yo Grandson bravely helped through the work as he he too held back his tears. As a Grand Dad I was moved beyond words.
GOD BLESS THE REPUBLIC!!!

Love my heelers. The first is me hauling 16' boards in the truck by pushing them though the sliding window and into the cab. it works for just a few boards. But my girl dog refuses to relenquish her spot omthe center console. Seems happy though.

Attachments

• IMG_5292(1).JPG
    IMG_5292(1).JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_5293.JPG
    IMG_5293.JPG
    521.9 KB · Views: 80
Jack is testing his limits with my wife. A week or so ago he grabbed hold of a skunk. She has bathed him almost every day since. We were sitting on the porch last night and he ran into the field and got another face full. He ran directly to her which she barely dodged on her way into the house.
View attachment 7107676
Get you some Hydrogen Peroxide, Dawn dish soap and Baking Soda mix it together and soap them up and it will take the skunk smell out.

For what it's worth. if anyone needs pet transport over long distances and does not trust the airlines, my friend Brandy is the owner/driver for Coast 2 Coast Pet Transport. She is out of Westminster SC and has a tricked out Sprinter van dedicated for the long haul. She was a vet tech before taking this on so she knows about animal health too. If you need her, you can look her up on Facebook under Coast 2 Coast pet transport. Letting you know it's out there so you can make you own decision on how to get your best friend from one place to another.

And yet they will whine and bitch and go on in public about how they are having to kill dogs because nobody wants them and people are so evil for going to a "breeder" instead of getting their "virtuous" "Rescue" dogs. I bet those idiots kill more dogs than they adopt but yet can't be bother to try to be a bit easier to work with so more get adopted.

That's why I hate those kind of petty little bureaucrats and think they should try being forced to be on the other side of the cage and see how they like it with roles reversed.

Before making such harsh statements about how rescues operate it might be wise to become a little better informed. While I'm not saying all rescues are perfect, the job they do is typically arduous and many times thankless.

The "bureaucracy" is typically the result of ill-informed and irresponsible adopters. Any rescue who has been around for any period of time has seen countless cases of messed up adoptions. Anything from the adopted animals showing up at a "medical research" facility, to unsecure yards resulting in animals killed in traffic or back at high kill "shelters", to stupid lazy adopters who just dump a dog back in a shelter because it's "inconvenient".

Those rescues that want to see the conditions the animal will be adopted to are the true responsible ones...instead of someone who will adopt a dog to the next person who walks through the door.

The dog lovers on here would have trouble believing how anybody could be so cruel to such a wonderful animal but I bet any responsible rescue could tell hundreds of stories of animals that were abused, neglected...or even worse.

Outstanding photos! Agreed on the comment above. I know how dogs can sense our physical pain and mental stress, because they come to me to try to comfort me. My hypothesis is that they can relieve pain, because petting them, walking them, throwing tennis balls, etc., makes me feel better.
Amen and meet the boss

Attachments

• 5D1D26F6-892A-42EF-BFA9-E15F142C9100.jpeg
    5D1D26F6-892A-42EF-BFA9-E15F142C9100.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 81
Do you currently have any of their GSDs
No. Phenomenal dog. DIed from arrhythmia age 5 in October. (Then adopted a local unknown history 12 year old GSD after his owner died.) Our Van den Heuval dog was from a Czech mom impregnated in Europe by a Slovak stud. Mom was then imported here pregnant. Long list of great papers on both sides (not that I know if they are actually worth anything). Our dog was flawless in physical conformation and well balanced personality. Intense drive. Loved all family members and accepting of strangers in public if Ok with us. She accepted no one in the home under any circumstances except dog sitters--and only if we were not home. Absolute heart breaker.

Sadly I had to put my German Shepherd to sleep somewhat unexpectedly on Saturday. Definitely heartache and it’s going to take quite a while to heal. I ‘ll post some pictures at another time. Miss ya Shep! I'd have to say is motto was anywhere you go, I'm happy as
long as I'm with you. These pictures are several years old, but he truly was my best friend.

long as

Last edited:
I just got another pit..this one is a full on bully pit..he's right at 90lbs.

He wondered into my neighborhood the other day and I took him home because he appeared to be involved in fighting. It quickly became obvious that his wounds and temperant more than likely relegated him to a bait dog.

He was chipped, and I tracked down the owner...me and him hand some words and I "convinced" him to sign over the dog to me...he is now 100% mine.

He is not independent at all like my actual pitbull...he is a giant lap pillow made of muscle.

I'll get some pics tomorrow when he wakes up

Bench