• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

Drake, my best friend, went to work with me on holidays, been to 8 different states and just under 2600 retrieves in his 9.5 years of life. Not sure I’ll be able to get another dog. Loosing him has been harder than loosing people. I could add 100 photos of him and still not show em all. Wife always says I have more pictures of him on my phone than I do her. She’s not wrong. Said good bye yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_7997_Original.jpeg
    IMG_7997_Original.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20150902_114011_Original.jpeg
    20150902_114011_Original.jpeg
    736.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20141227_094702_033_Original.jpeg
    IMG_20141227_094702_033_Original.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0089_Original.jpeg
    IMG_0089_Original.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20171220_120631_Original.jpeg
    20171220_120631_Original.jpeg
    316 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_7872.jpeg
    IMG_7872.jpeg
    899.7 KB · Views: 40
Drake, my best friend, went to work with me on holidays, been to 8 different states and just under 2600 retrieves in his 9.5 years of life. Not sure I’ll be able to get another dog. Loosing him has been harder than loosing people. I could add 100 photos of him and still not show em all. Wife always says I have more pictures of him on my phone than I do her. She’s not wrong. Said good bye yesterday.
So sorry

So sorry for your loss

1710856440964.jpeg

So sorry man. It really can be tough. It makes you not want to ever have another dog. My boy is getting up there and that very thing has been on my mind a lot lately. That said, I'd never give up all the joy that my best buddy has brought to me and my family, nor the security and peace that my boy has brought to me and my family for anything.

Reactions: Bsnyder
Oh hell, very sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Oh hell, very sorry. I hope you feel better soon.
Me too. Unfortunately I think it’s going to be a long while. My saying is people are way easier to see go then dogs. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many people go. But dogs are the worst. I don’t care if it’s an employees or my own.

Me too. Unfortunately I think it’s going to be a long while. My saying is people are way easier to see go then dogs. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many people go. But dogs are the worst. I don’t care if it’s an employees or my own.
You do the best you can, we are rooting for you

Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Bsnyder

I’m sorry for your loss, I lost my first dog last year and it was one of the toughest things I’ve ever went through. I used to laugh because I had over 1,700 pictures of her on my phone taken over the 3 years I knew her.

It wasn’t until she was gone that I realized how few that actually was and I deeply regret not getting more of the fun times we had together in picture and video.

However getting our puppy Cedar definitely helped with the grief, she took our minds off our pain in a way I’m not sure I could have easily done without her. I know the week with no dog in the house was rough.

Dollie before she got sick
IMG_6539.jpeg

Cedar attempting to scam snacks.
IMG_1009.jpeg

Sorry for your loss...........he was a member of the family,..............loosing a family member is hard in many ways..............just know he has gone to the Rainbow Bridge.......and is waiting for you to join him when it is time.............always remember the good times, and the joy he brought into your life.

I thank God every night for the wonderful animals that he has blessed us with............

That's a Heartbreaker.
The more you love them, the more it hurts.
Dogs don't live long enough.

I’m sorry for your loss, I lost my first dog last year and it was one of the toughest things I’ve ever went through. I used to laugh because I had over 1,700 pictures of her on my phone taken over the 3 years I knew her.

It wasn’t until she was gone that I realized how few that actually was and I deeply regret not getting more of the fun times we had together in picture and video.

However getting our puppy Cedar definitely helped with the grief, she took our minds off our pain in a way I’m not sure I could have easily done without her. I know the week with no dog in the house was rough.

Dollie before she got sick
View attachment 8403233

Cedar attempting to scam snacks.
View attachment 8403238

There is only one thing that can fill the hole in your hart after you loose a dog, another dog. When I lost Ranger, I totally "lost it", talking balling, snot bubbles the entire thing. He was the best.

Then I was looking through a bunch of dogs at a shelter and saw this guy.
1714393011118.png

I call this his booking photo, you know he did it, he knows he did it and he is happy about it.

Now 13 years down the road and he is an old man, him and his baby sister are at odds now and again, she has yet to learn that all belongs to him. I will likely fall apart again when I loose him. The cool part is we are going to get to retire together.

1714393193319.png

The pups turned three weeks old today and it was first real bath with soap day. About half of them basically fell asleep getting washed, Willow was happy just to not be constantly harassed for a bit.

When I was wrapping up evening chores I was greeted by a new man’s tastiest friend.
IMG_5632.jpeg
IMG_5637.jpeg
IMG_5639.jpeg
IMG_5654.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 5